GAMEDAY: QF vs Collingwood

Demonland

1 minute ago, Grumpy said:

Anyone else a bit concerned that we are going in too small? Especially given that it may not rain as much as predicted?

Changes from 2021 GF team - out BBB, Jackson, Petty and Spargo. In - JVR, Hunter, Chandler and McVee. Much smaller team.

Not really, I think the Pies are going in a bit tall. 

4 minutes ago, 58er said:

Think they were still talking about the effects also of rain mate. Strong westerlies will prob bring the rain quicker.!!!

Yeah - I'm talking about the rain and the wind cobes...might not be

heavy rain but the winds look strong to me....

I feel nauseated, excited, scared but hopeful. I will be there tonight with my Pie supporting husband who is convinced the Pies will thrash us. I just hope the weather Gods are kind and we are accurate in front of goal and a real bonus is if we can keep our feet if the surface is a bit slippery. I also wish nothing but pain and suffering for Cox, Maynard and Ginnivan.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, jane02 said:

I feel nauseated, excited, scared but hopeful. I will be there tonight with my Pie supporting husband who is convinced the Pies will thrash us. I just hope the weather Gods are kind and we are accurate in front of goal and a real bonus is if we can keep our feet if the surface is a bit slippery. I also wish nothing but pain and suffering for Cox, Maynard and Ginnivan.

Keep a lid on it Jane and hopefully you get to enjoy the smug satisfaction of rubbing it in for the next few weeks after the game :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Ouch! said:

Not really, I think the Pies are going in a bit tall. 

Agree Grumpy if we had the GF team we would be a bit taller and prob too tall. 

Happy with Juddy Chin Hunter and JVR. Providing the three small/ mediums dot do a Kossie and fly unrealistically ( not one mark yet I can remember since he started his attempts at MOTC ) Century) is he due tonight? Happy if Goody bans him trying. 

Much better at ground level and JVR and Jacko about even. If JVR can clunk more then 2 he will have scored 3 goals probably!!!

Advantage us !!!

11 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Anyone else a bit concerned that we are going in too small? Especially given that it may not rain as much as predicted?

Changes from 2021 GF team - out BBB, Jackson, Petty and Spargo. In - JVR, Hunter, Chandler and McVee. Much smaller team.

There are 2 storm fronts coming.. it will be wet

• Sad 2

A thought.

Ahead of Round 1 there was plenty of talk about the Dogs' 4 talls forward line - Naughton, Lobb, JUH and Darcy. And how would we stop them? 

Stopping them wasn't a problem. (Yeah,I know the filth are a better side.)

Edited by Winners at last

2 minutes ago, 58er said:

Agree Grumpy if we had the GF team we would be a bit taller and prob too tall. 

Happy with Juddy Chin Hunter and JVR. Providing the three small/ mediums dot do a Kossie and fly unrealistically ( not one mark yet I can remember since he started his attempts at MOTC ) Century) is he due tonight? Happy if Goody bans him trying. 

Much better at ground level and JVR and Jacko about even. If JVR can clunk more then 2 he will have scored 3 goals probably!!!

Advantage us !!!

I am happy with them too. Just think we need one more tall. Not sure who though - Tommo a bit slow, Disco a bit green and Grundy one dimensional. 

I don’t think it’s going to be wet. I think we’ll get a shower and it’ll pass quickly. The front is preceded by a thin rain band. Both the front and the rain band are tracking South West. Most of the heavy rain will hit Portsea and Bass Strait. Obviously the many retired Demons down in Portsea will be snug with their superannuation, cash, property and share portfolios and will likely not even see the rain. Although looking out over the Bay from the cliff top may leave them with vertigo. Cheers to all, leave the poncho’s at home.

Edited by Roost it far
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Yep I am a bit.

After the Freo game, we were found out in defence by only having May and Lever as tall defenders. Since then we've gone with either Tomlinson, Petty, Turner or Smith as that third tall defender. Smith was that third key defender in the Carlton game which we lost before he was sent forward late.

Can only imagine Smith will be a defender tonight.

2 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

I am happy with them too. Just think we need one more tall. Not sure who though - Tommo a bit slow, Disco a bit green and Grundy one dimensional. 

Solved play Laurie who will be perfect  as the sub in these conditions. 

Tmac JVR Fritta Gawny Trac all good in the air and ground.  Plus all the smalls and mids up forward and Centre. 

we have almost over anslysed for experts. Let's leave it to the amateurs like Goody and his six pack!!!

17 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

There are 2 storm fronts coming. Tonight will be wet for parts 

13 minutes ago, bandicoot said:

There are 2 storm fronts coming.. it will be wet

If the predicted wind comes (40 k before the rain), I expect the wet to pass quickly. Hope it blows itself out.

It won't be a wet weather slog, more a dump making for a slippery ball and surface, then it clears.

• Like 4

Forecast much better than it was a day or two back. It won't be overly wet tonight and won't really be much of a factor now.

We'll win a hard fight tonight. Petracca and Viney to bulldoze this one. Trac to notch up top votes for the Gary Ayres best player of finals award. He is primed and looked ominous last week against the Swans when the whips were cracking.

• Like 1