Jump to content

Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


PREGAME: QF vs Collingwood


Demonland

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Can’t play on him if Koz plays in the middle 

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

We may also want to drag Quaynor up the ground by playing Kozzy higher, but I still think in a big pressure final, I'd back Kozzy one out in the square. And I rate Quaynor very highly.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

For the 60+ year olds on the forum, do you remember those games? (I'm over 60 and I don't.)

I think I remember Danny Hughes and  Brian Taylor not getting on well in the MCG game.

Also, I think I remember Collingwood kicking  a goal a millisecond after the half time siren, and we won by less than a goal!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The forward line this year has been a fascination to me - some in the media intimate it’s a massive issue and liability and I would have agreed a couple of months ago due to two things; no Fritsch, Brown, TMac, and Melksham meant not much forward craft and nous, and our forward connection was really down with little delivery to options, but the remedies have been impressive. With one addendum that Jake Melksham won’t be there to take pressure off Fritsch and provide ‘interceptor engagement’ of which is so good at. 

But back to the remedies;

Petracca - obvious one and a powerful one made even more so with Oliver coming back.

Chandler in the team - allows another speed forward in Pickett to get up the ground and also play out of the guts.

Smith being trusted - I came down for the Carl-Freo-Coll games and he was avoided in 1-1 contests like the plague but now there is more trust there.

Pickett out of the square - last week against the Swans he was a 5’8 Tony Lockett putting the fear of god into people kidneys coming out of the square. SCG is a unique ground but there is another option that Kozzie is more than happy to execute. He never can mark it so he may as well knee someone in the back of the head.

 

What we are left with after the last 8 weeks is a really potent number of options regardless of if they go small or tall with TMac. IF our forward connection is good enough and we look to hit the option and not blast away, we have a good enough forward line to kick a winning score.

Well done to Goodwin and Stafford. 

  • Like 13
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Big Carl’s last game 1980

He knew how to Deal with Collingwood Players 

D0125862-2C1B-41E8-9FBF-943A63955E45.jpeg

I was at that game. From memory the Pies were playing in the finals the following week and we were towards the bottom of the ladder. Most enjoyable memories was seeing at least three Collingwood players sprawled on the ground mid way through the last quarter all at the same time.  I think big Carl had directly contributed to two of them….. nice!

Edited by Wodjathefirst
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/29/2023 at 1:27 PM, Deebauched said:

Even Sam Edmond is jumping on the Grundy bandwagon and suggesting he is as good as gone to Port or Swans.  Where do they get all these rumours or is it all click bait.

Surely Grundy is a required player. Gawn could get injured in the QF especially if that yank slams his knee into him.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Big Carl’s last game 1980

He knew how to Deal with Collingwood Players 

D0125862-2C1B-41E8-9FBF-943A63955E45.jpeg

Big Carl!

Didn't get to see him myself but from everything I've read and heard I like to think he brought some order back to the Dees. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rpfc said:

Pickett out of the square - last week against the Swans he was a 5’8 Tony Lockett putting the fear of god into people kidneys coming out of the square. SCG is a unique ground but there is another option that Kozzie is more than happy to execute. He never can mark it so he may as well knee someone in the back of the head.

An interesting and observant post..

...

But i really liked this paragraph...esp...the last bit !!!    lol

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rpfc said:

The forward line this year has been a fascination to me - some in the media intimate it’s a massive issue and liability and I would have agreed a couple of months ago due to two things; no Fritsch, Brown, TMac, and Melksham meant not much forward craft and nous, and our forward connection was really down with little delivery to options, but the remedies have been impressive. With one addendum that Jake Melksham won’t be there to take pressure off Fritsch and provide ‘interceptor engagement’ of which is so good at. 

But back to the remedies;

Petracca - obvious one and a powerful one made even more so with Oliver coming back.

Chandler in the team - allows another speed forward in Pickett to get up the ground and also play out of the guts.

Smith being trusted - I came down for the Carl-Freo-Coll games and he was avoided in 1-1 contests like the plague but now there is more trust there.

Pickett out of the square - last week against the Swans he was a 5’8 Tony Lockett putting the fear of god into people kidneys coming out of the square. SCG is a unique ground but there is another option that Kozzie is more than happy to execute. He never can mark it so he may as well knee someone in the back of the head.

 

What we are left with after the last 8 weeks is a really potent number of options regardless of if they go small or tall with TMac. IF our forward connection is good enough and we look to hit the option and not blast away, we have a good enough forward line to kick a winning score.

Well done to Goodwin and Stafford. 

Yeah well said, the Joel Smith we see now is different to the one that played those games. He needed that consistent stint to fine tine some things is his game and while he isn't perfect I'd be backing him to put up a fight in those contests.

T-Mac is the key for mine, if he's healthy and has a good level of moving ability then I'm more confident with the balance of this forward group. It won't be about mark and goal tallies for him, just needs to perform his role. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, layzie said:

Big Carl!

Didn't get to see him myself but from everything I've read and heard I like to think he brought some order back to the Dees. 

He didn’t have much success as a coach but he put a hardness back into the team which was pussycat soft before he came over. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, layzie said:

Yeah well said, the Joel Smith we see now is different to the one that played those games. He needed that consistent stint to fine tine some things is his game and while he isn't perfect I'd be backing him to put up a fight in those contests.

T-Mac is the key for mine, if he's healthy and has a good level of moving ability then I'm more confident with the balance of this forward group. It won't be about mark and goal tallies for him, just needs to perform his role. 

T Mac also provides the experience that Melky has and will be missed, just guiding the younger boys if things are not going our way could be important in front of a big crowd 

Edited by Rednblueriseing
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Binmans PA said:

We may also want to drag Quaynor up the ground by playing Kozzy higher, but I still think in a big pressure final, I'd back Kozzy one out in the square. And I rate Quaynor very highly.

TMac to Moore

JVR to Murphy

Fritsch to Quaynor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching last years Rd 22 game and Cox is a dog. The number of times he knees Gawn is disgusting.

I also hope someone takes out Maynard and his faux toughness.

Very interesting first half. We killed then in CPs but allowed them to score too easily.

 

 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Not sure if he will or not, but if TMac gets selected to play finals it will be an absolute credit to him and his amazing determination, persistence and never-give-in attitude given the injuries and the time out he’s had over the last few years. If he is fit and in form we are a better side with him playing.

  • Like 16
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Watching last years Rd 22 game and Cox is a dog. The number of times he knees Gawn is disgusting.

I also hope someone takes out Maynard and his faux toughness.

Very interesting first half. We killed then in CPs but allowed them to score too easily.

 

 

I rewatched this year's KB game.

One thing we did superbly was to push our D line up the field. Many times McVee, Salem or May/Lever would disrupt Collingwood's fast transition. We created a lot of turnovers from Collingwood's turnover attempts.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

TMac to Moore

JVR to Murphy

Fritsch to Quaynor?

I'd rather Smith in that mix. It was Smith and Fritta that rotated on Moore on KB. TMac is too slow to play on Moore, I reckon. Unless TMac can drag Moore up the ground, but that makes his intercept marking potentially more dangerous.

It's a tough one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

I think I remember Danny Hughes and  Brian Taylor not getting on well in the MCG game.

Also, I think I remember Collingwood kicking  a goal a millisecond after the half time siren, and we won by less than a goal!

BT in prison strip running around after Danny Hughes at Her Majesty’s MCG gave the keystone cops a run for their money. We were most amused!

Robbie Flower took a terrific pack mark and kicked a goal (of course) at the Jolimont end during that match.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Watching last years Rd 22 game and Cox is a dog. The number of times he knees Gawn is disgusting.

Does it every time we play them he is an absolute scumbag, hopefully the club has pointed this out to the AFL. Fairly certain he did it on QB 2022 which contributed to Maxys injury.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

Watching last years Rd 22 game and Cox is a dog. The number of times he knees Gawn is disgusting.

I also hope someone takes out Maynard and his faux toughness.

Very interesting first half. We killed then in CPs but allowed them to score too easily.

 

 

I know it's frowned upon by the pc fun police  but the only way to enlighten Mr Cox is by introducing him to close quarter horticultural experiences  ;)

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    GAMEDAY: Practice Match vs Carlton

    It's Game Day and the Demons are headed for a date with the Blues at Ikon Park for their final practice match before the ball is kicked in anger to open the season in just over a week's time. Date: Wednesday 28th February 2024 Location: Ikon Park Gates Open: 5:30pm Match commences: 6:40pm Watch: Foxtel & Kayo VFL practice match: Please note, the VFL practice match (10:30am) is no longer open to public. Entry: Your entry gate will be detailed on your ticket (4, 5 or 6)

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 202

    TRAINING: Tuesday 27th February 2024

    I headed down to Gosch’s Paddock this morning for the Captain’s Run in the lead up to tomorrow night’s practice match against the Blues.  The squad that took the field was indicative of the lineup for that match at Ikon Park.  Likely Selections based on the groupings of players at the Captain's Run today at Gosch's Paddock. Main Group: Gawn, Viney, May, JVR, Lever, Petracca, McVee, Windsor, Billings, Langdon, Bowey, Schache, Rivers, ANB, Fritsch, Sparrow, Chandler, Kozzy,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 4

    SCRUTINY & RESILIENCE by Whispering Jack

    If the week when preseason training melds into scratch matches with other clubs, is the first marker for the beginning of a new season, then this has certainly been a torrid opener for the Melbourne Football Club in its campaign to remain a leading AFL premiership contender in 2024. The Demons were already under enormous scrutiny from the media and football’s fan base (including their own) after consecutive straight-sets finals exits, with Clayton Oliver’s well documented woes, the Joel Smi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 27

    Angus Brayshaw Forced into Retirement

    After 167 games including the drought breaking Premiership Angus Brayshaw has made the heart breaking decision to medically retire from football as a result of a series of serious head knocks over his nearly decade of footy. We wish Gus all the best and he'll always be a hero at Demonland. 😢

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 414

    PODCAST: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 20th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Scratch Match loss to the Tigers and hopefully provide me with some free MFCSS therapy. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 43

    PREGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Dees will play their final practice match before the start of the 2024 seasons against the Blues at Ikon Park. What are you wanting to see in this final hit out before the season proper? Will Clarry & Salo return to the side? 2024 AAMI Community Series | Carlton v Melbourne Date: Wednesday 28 February Time: 6:40pm (AEDT) Location: IKON Park | Wurundjeri

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 183

    POSTGAME: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Dees were outclassed and outmuscled in its first practice hit out for the 2024 season against the Tigers going down by 23 points at Casey Fields. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 287

    GAMEDAY: Match SIM vs Richmond

    It's Game Day and it's been 156 days since the Demons were bundled out of the finals in straight sets for the 2nd year in a row. Our redemption starts here. Remember it's only a practice match if we lose. Date: Sunday 18th Feb Location: Casey Fields Gate open: 9.30am Match commences: 10am Watch: Foxtel & Kayo Inclusions: Seven-quarter match simulation Signing opportunities Kids' activities Partner giveaways Demons Squad: 1. Steven May 2. Jacob Van Rooyen

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 402

    TRAINING: Saturday 17th February 2024

    On the eve of the Dees first practice match for the 2024 season a couple of Demonland Trackwatchers bring you their observations from today’s Captain’s Run at Gosch’s Paddock.  KEV MARTIN’S CAPTAIN’S RUN OBSERVATIONS Looks a a dress rehearsal Captain's run. 23 out doing drills.  Included is Will Verall, Kynan Brown, Bailey Laurie, Caleb Windsor, Blake Howes, Adam Tomlinson, Kade Chandler, Jack Billings and Josh Schache. Rehab include BBB, Tom Fullarton, TMac, AMW, Woey.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...