PREGAME: Rd 17 vs St. Kilda

Demonland

9 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Lack of experience shouldn’t be a thing. They’ve been in the league for long enough. You’ve been to banner making, DP. It’s a lot of work but it’s not rocket science. 🙂

I also think the game being played in Alice might be the reason. They didn’t have a cheer squad there and maybe they didn’t have enough ppl to raise a banner. 🤷‍♀️ 

In my opinion it's these smaller details in a footy club that build culture and morale. May not seem like a big deal without something here or there but it all contributes to a big fat sterile AFL club and why would people want to go there if no-one cares? 

I know banners aren't easy to make and it takes many hands to make light work (As we've seen on here this year) but when everyone talks about how clubs like this need culture, this stuff is it. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Thank you, Brownie!

Next to the graphic are the words “Christian Salem 150 Games” then his personalised line is:

“MASTER OF PRECISION”

So apt for him.

Incidentally, last week was Toby Greene’s 150th game. There was no acknowledgement on their banner because there WAS no banner. GWS wanted to acknowledge it so they asked us if we could have a shared banner, to which we agreed. Only problem was they weren’t prepared to share in the making of it nor supply any materials. Therefore, no shared banner.

#anyOpportunityToBlowTheDeeArmyTrumpet 🤩

Maybe you could have swung a deal.

He can go on the banner if he puts on the red and blue!

He'd be handy for us at the moment.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, loges said:

There is a former prominent poster banished/defected to Big Footy who's claiming Tomlinson won't be seen again due to a very poor attitude.

I can imagine.. 

IS shocked with Goodwin/coaches getting dropped after Collingwood game. 

Gets left out vs Geelong and replaced by an underdone Petty. 

He played reserves and was one of our best. 

Then gets taken to Darwin and can't get a spot over Melksham/Harmes/BB.

Would be furious if in his shoes.

To think that Goodwin does not have/and play faves is ludicrous.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, loges said:

There is a former prominent poster banished/defected to Big Footy who's claiming Tomlinson won't be seen again due to a very poor attitude.

Don't blame him if attitude began post Pies game

• Sad 1

On 7/3/2023 at 7:03 PM, DeeMee said:

What I think will happen:

JvR in - Fritsch out for season by the sounds of it.

Woey in - love him but Harmes too many mistakes

What I would like to see:

Smith to permanent sub, flexible to play different positions - Melksham out.

Then either:

Petty forward to actually really see if the experiment thing will work and Tommo in.

OR

Give Schache a run of games with JvR, BBB as forward talls.

Really worth a 'starting point' try ... not too sure about Schache and BBB ... these two will have to be far more energetic and be held responsible for that expectation. Tomlinson has become more reliable now that he is fitter and JSmith has the ingredients to shake the forward arcs. A bit of mobile height and creativeness would make considerable, positive difference. We must persist with Chandler in preference to Spargo and keep Kozzie where he is so effective ... up forward. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, loges said:

Wrong re BBB brining the ball to ground, he's just not good at picking it up.

JVR was actually having more success at halving contests...as was Petty.  

How many marks do you think BB will take the way we deliver the ball?

You are correct in saying he can't pick it up.

It is like we are hoping BB is the answer to our forward woes, when the method is the thing that is broken.  Shifting personnel is not going to change much result-wise.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, loges said:

Can you blame him?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Roger Mellie said:

That's a worry

There’s definitely something up among the players. I feel like the Melksham/May fracas broke the tight bond the group had formed. And while there’s still lots of good energy and fight, full trust in each other is hard to achieve and easily broken.

6 hours ago, Hawny for Gawny said:

Did you not see the ins? Spargoat to hold it down, couple of big pack crashing contests and marks incoming.

Should not have ever been selected!

2 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Can you blame him?

Yes. He’s supposed to be a professional. We pay his wages, I expect him to be ready if called upon. And he’s played as many bad games as good so it’s not like he’s been super reliable.

I have no time for players sooking. 

• Like 6
  • Clap 1

My fear, is the potential for the footy to easily, quickly and continually rebound ou of our fwd 50. Our pressure may be good, but our ability to win the ground ball is not. Melksam, BBB and a ruck will likely emphasise this further. Also Picket spends to much time behind the contest/pack rather than front n center (where more than 80% of spilled/spoiled marks end up).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BDA said:

Yes. He’s supposed to be a professional. We pay his wages, I expect him to be ready if called upon. And he’s played as many bad games as good so it’s not like he’s been super reliable.

Maybe if his coach was professional, it would be recipricated.

You have one of your best days/weeks at work and then told to go have a rest for 3-4 weeks as you are virtually redundant now....Suck it up buttercup!

• Vomit 1

11 minutes ago, BDA said:

For sure, I have faith he'll be professional if he's called upon though and I hope there is one more chance in store. 

• Like 1

Looking for JVR name in the team.

Magnify Rick Moranis GIF

Wtf.
Spargo !! Melksham!!! 
Goodys favouritism for players is ridiculous.  
Dunstan even would’ve reflected form and performance more than Spargo.  I know he gets 1.6 goal assists and 0.25 goals per game but that’s hardly threatening to the opposition.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, loges said:

I'd have a very poor attitude if I was dropped after being a key member and contributor towards our big statement win of the season in replacement for a player that wasn't ready for AFL footy.

Tomlinson needs to leave the club for his own sake.

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

14 minutes ago, BDA said:

I mean I don’t disagree, but I also tend to not believe randoms on the internet 🤷‍♀️

Maybe his “attitude” is questioning why he isn’t getting a game. Which I think is fair. He hasn’t done a lot wrong and IMO a player with a bad attitude wouldn’t be performing at VFL level the way he has been. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I mean I don’t disagree, but I also tend to not believe randoms on the internet 🤷‍♀️

Maybe his “attitude” is questioning why he isn’t getting a game. Which I think is fair. He hasn’t done a lot wrong and IMO a player with a bad attitude wouldn’t be performing at VFL level the way he has been. 

I agree with this. Nothing wrong with him speaking with the coach to understand where he stands. Just as long as he hasn’t downed tools. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BDA said:

That's actually a lie.

Pre knee injury in 2021 there prominent stat that he was the number 1 defender in the whole league who hadn't lost a one on one contest.

Had he not done his knee then he was well on his way to being a premiership player.

I'm very reluctant to believe what's being said on the internet especially about someone who's regarded as highly professional and a potential assistant coachbin waiting (Alex Neal-Bullen's words)

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 2
  • Clap 1

9 minutes ago, NeveroddoreveN said:

Maybe if his coach was professional, it would be recipricated.

You have one of your best days/weeks at work and then told to go have a rest for 3-4 weeks as you are virtually redundant now....Suck it up buttercup!

Do you reckon spargs should have spat the dummy when he was dropped? Or smith. Or any other player who gets dropped. 

at the start of the season most people were saying Tomlinson is past his best, too slow, lacks agility and if he’s playing we are in trouble 

now the coaching staff are a rabble as he’s not playing when we have our best three talls available down back?

he is depth and a solid back up. he played well when needed now he’s back at Casey. 

• Like 4

I feel sorry for Tomlinson. I felt like last year he worked really hard to keep his head up. This year he got thrown to the wolves when May was out, and then he looked really good in his only game with both May and Lever in with him.

He’s only human. I have a dummy spit when someone doesn’t rate me on Demonland (which to be fair my dummy spits are always justified. It’s not my fault I’m always right). I can’t imagine how I’d feel if it was my work, and so public.

• Like 3

But was Tomlinson dropped?

Fair chance he would have been told before selection for round 12 he would come in for X number of games to cover X player so there would no reason to be huffy about it, if in fact he is.

He went out for Petty.  It is Petty's spot.  The defence has been very settled since his last game in round 13.

This is the time to bed down our best 22 for finals.  There isn't room for Tomlinson in defence. 

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 4
  • Clap 1

4 minutes ago, BDA said:

I agree with this. Nothing wrong with him speaking with the coach to understand where he stands. Just as long as he hasn’t downed tools. 

Someone who has downed tools wouldn’t be playing consistently good footy in the VFL nor being in the physical condition he’s in. 
I think he’s been nothing but professional, in the face of a lot of disappointment…but that’s from the outside looking in. 

I rather trust that than someone saying on the internet he has a bad attitude. I think this past month has been a good example of why you shouldn’t believe the rubbish you read online. 

• Like 4