• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Fixture

Demonsone

No excuses but Afl has made us play our last 3 games at Geelong since playing at the G in 2921 , when do the Cats ever lose their home ground advantage playing us??

So our fixture selling a game to play in NT is now a neutral ground vs GWS & give up home ground … this is 4 points  are we not passed the $$$ issue so this 3 week block is basically playing away gmhba, nt, marvel 

Still can’t understand the complexities of the AfL ad why they can’t have teams playing 1 season home & next away 

Edited by Demonsone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s terrible that we sell a game to the NT. It’s a super tight season, and we expect the players to do all the little things for optimal performance.

The club needs to the same thing and protect both the playing group and the supporters. 

Next to the Cats we probably play down there more than any other club so should be better at playing the ground than anyone else. No excuses. 

I don't know how difficult it is to contrive a fixture but there really should be a rule where every club gets to play every other club at home the same number of times over a set period of time. Say ten years maybe. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Next to the Cats we probably play down there more than any other club so should be better at playing the ground than anyone else. No excuses. 

I don't know how difficult it is to contrive a fixture but there really should be a rule where every club gets to play every other club at home the same number of times over a set period of time. Say ten years maybe. 

Collingwood haven't played Geelong in Geelong since last century that was 24 years ago in 1999. So much for a fair draw.

Edited by samcantstandya
typo

11 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Seriously , one game a year there gives us the same advantage as the Cats with 8 games there and training on it all the time and we are allowed no excuses.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, samcantstandya said:

Collingwood haven't played Geelong in Geelong was last century that was 24 years ago in 1999. So much for a fair draw.

You'd hope that will change when they get to a 40,000 capacity. It might also depend on whether the AFL allow them to play 11 home games down there. I think there is an agreement with the MCC to play a certain amount of games at the MCG each year and a Geelong 'home' game or two might be required to meet that number. It was the same with Docklands I think but that may be less of an issue now that the AFL own it. 

The big 4 clubs will never play down there. There would be riots if they were told they can only have 500 tickets for the whole club. I get the feeling the mfc want Anzac eve and kb, so they don't complain. Maybe, after a premiership, it's time to complain.

5 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Seriously , one game a year there gives us the same advantage as the Cats with 8 games there and training on it all the time and we are allowed no excuses.

I'm comparing us to other visiting clubs Redleg, not the Cats. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Vineys Anger Manager said:

The big 4 clubs will never play down there. There would be riots if they were told they can only have 500 tickets for the whole club. I get the feeling the mfc want Anzac eve and kb, so they don't complain. Maybe, after a premiership, it's time to complain.

Essendon are playing there this year. 

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, Demonsone said:

No excuses but Afl has made us play our last 3 games at Geelong since playing at the G in 2921 , when do the Cats ever lose their home ground advantage playing us??

So our fixture selling a game to play in NT is now a neutral ground vs GWS & give up home ground … this is 4 points  are we not passed the $$$ issue so this 3 week block is basically playing away gmhba, nt, marvel 

Still can’t understand the complexities of the AfL ad why they can’t have teams playing 1 season home & next away 

I find that viewing each of the AFL's actions through at least one of two filters provides the answers to every problem: 1) Image, and 2) Money.

The AFL, which in reality, is the players, are basically a self-serving and self-interested bunch. And as the AFL is a sub-culture of the broader society, it says a lot about each of us. We all, to one degree or another, suffer from psyche malfunctioning, the individual bias of egotism, the group bias of social and economic self-interest and the general bias associated with short-term goals at the expense of the long-term greater good. Because of our many human biases, the upward movement to human maturity encounters a radical moral impotence.

Edited by Queanbeyan Demon
Typo
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Actually the AFL find it very easy to contrive a FIXture, which is why we play there more than any other club.  

16 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Actually the AFL find it very easy to contrive a FIXture, which is why we play there more than any other club.  

It's already so contrived that we may have already reached the point of peak manipulation.  

• Haha 1

How does our club continue to get these clumsy fixture after winning a flag we still get drawn to play away against the Cats which makes it 3 games since our home game in early 2021! then followed by a home game in Alice Springs then a game @ Marvel , that’s 3 away games. Understanding the club has contracts in the Alice & was done when the club had sever finance issues but this 3 week period is so tricky & BS when see the Pies maximising to play as many games at the G! 

Edited by Demonsone
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

How does our club continue to get these clumsy fixture after winning a flag we still get drawn to play away against the Cats which makes it 3 games since our home game in early 2021! then followed by a home game in Alice Springs then a game @ Marvel , that’s 3 away games. Understanding the club has contracts in the Alice & was done when the club had sever finance issues but this 3 week period is so tricky & BS when see the Pies maximising to play as many games at the G! 

It’s an own goal by the admin of the club to sell a home game these days. We’ve made our own life harder.

65k members. We’ve done our part. If the eyes on the club at this moment can’t be turned into bigger and better sponsorship opportunities then we aren’t working hard enough off the field. Selling a game to the NT stinks, and jeopardises the clubs impact where it matters most.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The heart beats true said:

It’s an own goal by the admin of the club to sell a home game these days. We’ve made our own life harder.

65k members. We’ve done our part. If the eyes on the club at this moment can’t be turned into bigger and better sponsorship opportunities then we aren’t working hard enough off the field. Selling a game to the NT stinks, and jeopardises the clubs impact where it matters most.

Spot on there is no way the Pies would except this & playing 3 away games in a row!

Most games at Kardinia Park in the AFL era

(1990-2023)

Melb 25

Bris

WCE 24

Adel

WB

NM

Syd

Freo

StK

Port

Rich

Haw

GC

GWS

Carl

Ess

Fitz

Coll

Copied of a Demon FB page, I’m assuming it’s correct.

• Angry 1

9 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

dont we sell this home game because otherwise it would be played as a home game at Marvel?

1 hour ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Most games at Kardinia Park in the AFL era

(1990-2023)

Melb 25

Bris

WCE 24

Adel

WB

NM

Syd

Freo

StK

Port

Rich

Haw

GC

GWS

Carl

Ess

Fitz

Coll

Copied of a Demon FB page, I’m assuming it’s correct.

We are now 26

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cookieboc said:

dont we sell this home game because otherwise it would be played as a home game at Marvel?

Which I don’t have a problem with. I don’t like the travel for the players, and the fact that it’s one less game in Melbourne - where we are based, and need to continue to evolve our games supporter base.

1 hour ago, samcantstandya said:

We are now 26

Does that number include the two games scheduled for the Cattery but abandoned due to Covid and  grandstand constuction issues some years back.

Both should be included in the total as the intent was there from the AFL. Its either 26 or worse 28.

We'll be going there again next year because we dont know how to lobby.

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, cookieboc said:

I would much rather play a home game at Marvel V's GWS (than Alice) in front of our crowd, where the majority of the supporter base can attend after being essentially locked out of GMHBA if you didn't book a ticket quick enough.

So that's 2 weeks in a row where the the MFC faithful won't be attending, in addition to the round 4/5 fortnight earlier in the year.  

I can bet your bottom dollar the players would much rather play this Sunday's game at Marvel rather than hopping on yet another flight where out interstate record is below average this year (we even treated last week's Geelong game as interstate game and look how that turned ou) From a recovery perspective the players would also rather play in VIC as they'll need to back up a 6 day break against St Kilda on a fast track. We lost to the Dogs last year (at Marvel) off a 6 day break from Alice.

Let's punt the Alice game and move our 11th home game to Marvel when ever this current contract expires.