What they are saying at 'The Bank'!!

9 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

A spark of optimism but they aren't too keen on selections.

• Is there a more inexperienced forward line in the comp?

Chandler, Pickett, Van Rooyen happily waving from the other end. 'We've each kicked at least one goal every game!'

Could be an interesting sideshow with the forward lines.

One side is almost without 'official' small forwards, the other side is almost without 'official' tall forwards.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

Chandler, Pickett, Van Rooyen happily waving from the other end. 'We've each kicked at least one goal every game!'

Could be an interesting sideshow with the forward lines.

One side is almost without 'official' small forwards, the other side is almost without 'official' tall forwards.

One side with Highest points for..

Other side not even makes it to our pts scored against 🤷🤷🤷🤷

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sydee said:

Hope Steven May is reading this.

The censored word referring to May isn't as bad as it looks.  The censored word is an anagram of carp!!  Hardly offensive, right? 

Methinks our censor meter has a virus of some sort...🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

11 hours ago, AzzKikA said:

Wow I think this person has multiple personality disorder, so many different views on the game from 1 mind.

I assume this refers to the thread title rather than its author😐

The author's personality and mind are just fine, thank you 🙂(altho noting the time spent on DL might prompt some to question the good sense of said author...)

22 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Title’s had more name changes than Kardinia Park😁

Fair call!

The path of this WTAS title:

• It started off as @ Metricon as I couldn't remember where they are located.
  • A moderator rightly changed it to @ Heritage Bank as that is the stadium's new sponsor. 
  • The author (moi) wasn't fond of that title so I searched out the location and changed it to  @ Carrara, 'overuling' the mod.😟
  • On reading their fan bf page they have nicknamed the stadium 'The Bank' which I like.

Must confess it was with some trepidation that I 'overruled' a very senior mod by changing the 'Heritage Bank' title but I don't have a 'warning' so all is good.🙃

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

15 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

JvR isn’t Dutch, Deeves. He’s of Zimbabwean descent. 

Ah so he's a cricketer bowling Chinamen?

• Thinking 1

19 hours ago, daisycutter said:

Lost In Space Danger GIF - Lost In Space Danger Robot ...

SUNS MIDFIELDER VAINLY SEARCHES FOR PILL AMONGST THE CARNAGE...

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

wow . . . where did you go to school @Lucifers Hero?

OK...Is this a trick question...?

i'll humour you anyway:  local catholic primary school and local high school. 

...I could never do the daily The Age cryptic crossword if I didn't find the anagrams first.🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

wow . . . where did you go to school @Lucifers Hero?

6 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

OK...Is this a trick question...?

i'll humour you anyway:  local catholic primary school and local high school. 

...I could never do the daily The Age cryptic crossword if I didn't find the anagrams first.🙂

I thought it was in Aramanga

https://villageinfo.in/odisha/puri/nimapada/amaranga.html

Close but no cigar ...

Edited by old55
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Thanks  Wcw. I think the name is but I might be wrong. I think its common in Sth Africa and then Zimbabwe because of the Dutch immigrants. Tbh I just needed some segue to boast about Rooey.

It’s all got very complicated for me. Putting nationality or heritage aside, I used to think I was pronouncing his name correctly but now I’m pretty sure I haven’t been…… so now I’m playing it safe and just call him JVR.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wodjathefirst said:

It’s all got very complicated for me. Putting nationality or heritage aside, I used to think I was pronouncing his name correctly but now I’m pretty sure I haven’t been…… so now I’m playing it safe and just call him JVR.

you would need to develop an afrikaans accent to do it justice 😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, old55 said:

Not sure I get that🤔

Is Aramanga supposed to be an anagram of 'anagram'?  Aramanga has one too many A's to be an anagram of 'anagram'.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I assume this refers to the thread title rather than its author😐

The author's personality and mind are just fine, thank you 🙂(altho noting the time spent on DL might prompt some to question the good sense of said author...)

Fair call!

The path of this WTAS title:

• It started off as @ Metricon as I couldn't remember where they are located.
  • A moderator rightly changed it to @ Heritage Bank as that is the stadium's new sponsor. 
  • The author (moi) wasn't fond of that title so I searched out the location and changed it to  @ Carrara, 'overuling' the mod.😟
  • On reading their fan bf page they have nicknamed the stadium 'The Bank' which I like.

Must confess it was with some trepidation that I 'overruled' a very senior mod by changing the 'Heritage Bank' title but I don't have a 'warning' so all is good.🙃

No you goose I was referring to their 1 supporter and the many different opinions they are having about the up coming game lol

23 minutes ago, AzzKikA said:

No you goose I was referring to their 1 supporter and the many different opinions they are having about the up coming game lol

That's a bit harsh...😢

And, who is this mystery supporter...?

Edited by Lucifers Hero

50 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

That's a bit harsh...😢

And, who is this mystery supporter...?

Lol come on Luci, I meant it with love!

I'm going to give up trying to explain my awful joke.

Edited by AzzKikA

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Not sure I get that🤔

Is Aramanga supposed to be an anagram of 'anagram'?  Aramanga has one too many A's to be an anagram of 'anagram'.

closest I could get unfortunately ...

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Had a quick look at bf.

70% of posts were complaining about the umpiring.  30% rightly proud of the team and optimism for the rest of the season.

The big surprise was the high number of Opps team posters who butted in to say 'GCS were robbed' or similar.  Opps fans rarely post on pre and post threads.  Offenders were from Lions, Tigers, Ess and Saints.  Guess that says it all!!

Giving the mood, no-one would have been game to say the dees also got a raw deal and GCS were gifted some easy goals.

The next few installments of WTAS@ will be brought to you by @Queanbeyan Demon 

Enjoy!

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
  • Clap 2

9 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Had a quick look at bf.

70% of posts were complaining about the umpiring.  30% rightly proud of the team and optimism for the rest of the season.

The big surprise was the high number of Opps team posters who butted in to say 'GCS were robbed' or similar.  Opps fans rarely post on pre and post threads.  Offenders were from Lions, Tigers, Ess and Saints.  Guess that says it all!!

Giving the mood, no-one would have been game to say the dees also got a raw deal and GCS were gifted some easy goals.

The next few installments of WTAS@ will be brought to you by @Queanbeyan Demon 

Enjoy!

Most people only remember the what happened in the last quarter, never what happened in the first 3. Sure, the umpiring swung back in our favour in the last, but in the second and third it was clearly in there's. 3-4 goals from frees early in the game to them, 1 in the last to us. We came out worse of overall.

Edited by —coach—
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, —coach— said:

Most people only remember the what happened in the last quarter, never what happened in the first 3. Sure, the umpiring swung back in our favour in the last, but in the second and third it was clearly in there's. 3-4 goals from frees early in the game to them, 1 in the last to us. We came out worse of overall.

Egged on by the commentary!

Also, I think as a team we are rising up the 'most hated' ranks.  A badge of honour! :cool:

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Egged on by the commentary!

Also, I think as a team we are rising up the 'most hated' ranks.  A badge of honour! :cool:

I also think horrible weather in Victoria meant that a lot of footy fans watched the game. They just wanted us to get rolled, because we are a threat. Much like when we watch Geelong and Brisbane play we want the opposition to do well, but it’s exaggerated for the Suns because they don’t really threaten anyone yet.

If that was a Collingwood Melbourne game most impartial supporters wouldn’t say a word.

• Like 1