• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Practice Match vs Richmond

Demonland

Is anyone else worried about Angus?   From where I was looking he appeared slow and not very involved. Maybe I just didn’t notice him. 

1 minute ago, monoccular said:

Didn’t Sampson come on at ¾ time by which time Petty was stuffed?  
And speaking of Sampson (in the biblical sense) BBB looked to have lost body strength since Delilah cut his locks.  

Mind you Sampson had played 3 quarters in the earlier game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

We looked fantastic today.  

That said, I still think our best side has Petty forward paired with TMac and one of Turner, van Rooyen, Smith or Tomlinson in the back half. 

Tend to agree Tony let's wait and see though as the season progresses. 

2 minutes ago, 58er said:

Good points Red Fire Engine.

Our list has improved 20% on 2022 with Lachie Brodie and player improvement from Spargo Bowey ANB Tracs kicking Sparrow Tmac back BBB needs watching and Riv and Kossies cameos are a real watch. and our footy looks more like back fo 2021 with a bit more flair. Also I think Chandler was good but kicked poor Harmes wasteful but he has toughness that is useful. A fit Lever is great to see and I think Clarry was very kick hungry today over handball. Kicks a long distance also. Gawny is more relaxed now with Brodie out on the ground. To say that either together won't improve our team is not a smart assessment of both these AA ruckmen. . McVee still promising but quiet and I thought Laurie was not poor either and Woey needs more run on time. 
And  another 10% better being all fit no passengers.  Plenty of others in the 30 plus challenging to play in the AFL on our list. Jordan Viney Fritta J.Smith JVR maybe  Tommo will return to form and Dunstan is a handy midfield depth player. 

Let's not get too comfortable as once we do that we get bitten on our behinds. 

Apologies Jordon 

1 minute ago, monoccular said:

Didn’t Sampson come on at ¾ time by which time Petty was stuffed?  
And speaking of Sampson (in the biblical sense) BBB looked to have lost body strength since Delilah cut his locks.  

Sampson had played three quarters in the ressies!

Glad I made the trip out, great atmosphere, weather good (not for the players…),  and even though the decent beer had sold out, and we parked 15 kms away, it was a very satisfying afternoon.

apart from the usual suspects, bowey , sparrow, chandler, nibbler, spargo and particularly Rivers, all impressed. 
Thanks doggies for lachie hunter! Did some very clever things, just hope he can stay on the straight and narrow 

Edited by KLV
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Is anyone else worried about Angus?   From where I was looking he appeared slow and not very involved. Maybe I just didn’t notice him. 

Angus is a one pace player but not quick or slow but gets totally involved IMO. He is one of our best Clubman also who deeply loves the Club. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, 58er said:

Thanks Rpfc 

It was a crazy comment about JVR and extraordinarily unlikely to happen. No point in agreeing to such an idea with very little truth in it. That's not the first crazy or ridiculous comment from Wod. 

I don't mind if another poster disagrees with me or has a go at my typing. We all have the Dees in our hearts to be posting. 

Hey 58er, I’m not sure what issues you have with me and my posts  (That’s not the first crazy or ridiculous comment from Wod).

Hey, but you have me curious?  Could you either pm me a summary (or detailed listing) of the crazy and ridiculous comments that I have made.  Or alternatively you can post them in this thread. I really don’t care which way you choose to respond.

And…..I promise not to respond.   As I said above, I’m just curious to find out which of my prior posts irk you to such a degree that you got to put it out there.

At the very least I would like to think that one thing we do have in common is that we have the Dees in our hearts……(I hope)

Cheers

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wodjathefirst said:

Hey 58er, I’m not sure what issues you have with me and my posts  (That’s not the first crazy or ridiculous comment from Wod).

Hey, but you have me curious?  Could you either pm me a summary (or detailed listing) of the crazy and ridiculous comments that I have made.  Or alternatively you can post them in this thread. I really don’t care which way you choose to respond.

And…..I promise not to respond.   As I said above, I’m just curious to find out which of my prior posts irk you to such a degree that you got to put it out there.

At the very least I would like to think that one thing we do have in common is that we have the Dees in our hearts……(I hope)

Cheers

Sorry Wod I won't go through looking I will be more patient and understanding with my responses in the future. Let's hope we have a great season and plenty of good posts from all D/Lers. 
Cheers 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Not worried whatsoever, he’s fine and got better as the game went on. He ended up with 20 odd possessions.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

Did they do a 30 minute run and cool down after the match? Like last week.

Thought the coaches made the right field changes at the right time as a reaction to what was happening out there. Clarry down back, changing Mcvee, dragging Laurie for Woe, bringing Petty further up the field, putting ANB into the mid, basically keeping Brayshaw down back with a bit in the mid, Harmes as a stopper, Kysiah mainly forward, Spargo as a bit of everything. 

Tracc was dominant.

TMac needs to mark cleanly, too many like how the Weid did it. 

Did the wind make it difficult for set shot kicking? (Chandler, BBB)

They did that last week because it was a shorter length game (25 min quarters with no time on). They did the 30 mins afterwards last week to get the KMs into the legs. 

• Thanks 2

Another great performance by the Dees may it continue. What a champion Gawn is we will be unstoppable with him and Grundy. Hunter continuing on his good form and is was really impressed with Nibbler as well.

Hard to see us change the team too much obviously Fritsch and Viney come back if fit. Can't wait to play the dogs.

Team against the dogs:

B: Lever, May, Bowey

HB: Brayshaw, Petty, Rivers

C: Hunter, Oliver, Langdon

HF: Petracca, McDonald, Neal-Bullen

F: Fritsch, Brown, Spargo

FOLL: Gawn, Viney, Pickett

IC: McVee, Grundy, Harmes, Sparrow

SUB: Chandler

EMERG: van Rooyen, Woewodin, Laurie

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

And where are the flunkies telling the world no-one wants to go out to Casey. Pretty good turnout out there in that interdimensional wasteland and scene from a post-apocalyptic movie (if it’s critics are to be believed).

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

Two things I loved today:

1. Players taking time to assess their options, and not always handballing to the open player. Last year teams learnt to roll off their opponent to cover our outnumber. Today several players feigned to handball and then turned to open up the field. It was great to see. 
  2. Pressuring ball carrier - last year we folded back a lot and let teams run the ball downfield. Today the team made sure to pressure whoever had or was about to take possession. The perfect example being when May made that huge tackle on the wing to halt a rebound by the Tiges. It was the result of 5 other players rolling off their man to pressure the next in line to receive possession.

if was so good to see these adjustments 😁

Edited by Stu
  • Like 16
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Another great performance by the Dees may it continue. What a champion Gawn is we will be unstoppable with him and Grundy. Hunter continuing on his good form and is was really impressed with Nibbler as well.

Hard to see us change the team too much obviously Fritsch and Viney come back if fit. Can't wait to play the dogs.

Team against the dogs:

B: Lever, May, Bowey

HB: Brayshaw, Petty, Rivers

C: Hunter, Oliver, Langdon

HF: Petracca, McDonald, Neal-Bullen

F: Fritsch, Brown, Spargo

FOLL: Gawn, Viney, Pickett

IC: McVee, Grundy, Harmes, Sparrow

SUB: Chandler

EMERG: van Rooyen, Woewodin, Laurie

Four premiership players missing from that side today

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demonland said:

Did we win the Preseason?

Yes we did!!!

PLAYED

WIN

LOSS

FOR

AGAINST

%

MELBOURNE

BRISBANE

ADELAIDE

WESTERN BULLDOGS

GWS

GEELONG

FREMANTLE

ESSENDON

SYDNEY

COLLINGWOOD

ST. KILDA

CARLTON

RICHMOND

WEST COAST

GOLD COAST

PORT ADELAIDE

NORTH MELBOURNE

HAWTHORN

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
  • Clap 4

28 minutes ago, rpfc said:

And where are the flunkies telling the world no-one wants to go out to Casey. Pretty good turnout out there in that interdimensional wasteland and scene from a post-apocalyptic movie (if it’s critics are to be believed).

Clydeaho still stinks to high heaven. Richmond supporters live locally and would rock up to Baghdad for a game of footy.

But they’ve finally added a second entrance to the fields so you can get in and out. Plus almost enough car parks given the only way to get there is to drive. I literally heard Richmond supporters bragging about drink driving which is always nice.

A stack of roadworks down Clyde road widening the road because they were too stupid or greedy to do that before they built all the housing.

Not nearly enough toilets, food or drink facilities and there wasn’t enough capacity on the hill for todays game either.

At least the usual gale force winds were replaced with sticky humidity. A nice change, especially when there’s next to no shade out there. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Haven’t seen the game but I’m loving what I’m reading in this thread. All sounding positive with Viney, Fritsch and Salem all still to work back into the side. 

1 hour ago, Fat Tony said:

We looked fantastic today.  

That said, I still think our best side has Petty forward paired with TMac and one of Turner, van Rooyen, Smith or Tomlinson in the back half. 

Why?

Petty’s played 2 years in defence, and done very well at it. Why are so many so obsessed with Petty as a forward?

Van Rooyen’s trained all summer as a forward. What makes you recommend him as a defender option?

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Thought Kade Chandler was very good today, but he has to learn to finish his work. His kicking at goal is really ordinary. He could have easily had three goals today. I don’t know where he sits for Rd 1.

What I do know is that Bowey is a MUST! He was sublime 

35.23 in his last 23 VFL games, I don’t think Chandler has too many issues. 

Hitting the right post from 50 with the wind blowing right to is the right kick with a bad result. I’ll have to see the replay but his long shot on the run didn’t see to miss by much, the other was pretty gettable but some days you miss an easier one and the stats look worse than the technique 

Edited by DeeSpencer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

35.23 in his last 23 VFL games, I don’t think Chandler has too many issues. 

Hitting the right post from 50 with the wind blowing right to is the right kick with a bad result. I’ll have to see the replay but his 2 shots on the run didn’t see to miss by much to me.

Missed two from out front 

3 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Why?

Petty’s played 2 years in defence, and done very well at it. Why are so many so obsessed with Petty as a forward?

Van Rooyen’s trained all summer as a forward. What makes you recommend him as a defender option?

Petty - in theory anyway - is a genuine pack marker, a thing Brown struggles with and JVR isn’t particularly strong in at this stage.

I wouldn’t be dismantling our backline right now and making a downgrade, but if the forward line struggles we absolutely have to try Petty.

And that means making sure we have options down back, so JVR would be a natural to move down back at Casey. 

• Like 3