Trade Rumours 2023

Nascent

3 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Why is Bailey Laurie under uncertain future when he's contracted for another year...

DD36. I think after 3 years there may be some clubs asking the question and maybe some offers for him. Seemed to again not take opportunities but limited chances really. Agree it’s not likely but I’ll rate still as a possible. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 11:09 PM, Gawndy the Great said:

Had a good look at Duursma in tonight’s game. Just no. I remember him being the best out of the lot of the youngsters they picked up in the 2019 draft. What happened to him.

Lack of continuity is really hampering him. Burst on to the scene playing some decent footy (probably got up to pace faster than the other 2) and pretty much playing the same level 4 years later. 

If you got his body right there’s still a combination of pace, endurance and contested ability (especially overhead) to make a good footballer. But with constant set backs his ball use and decision making is a mess.

Just can’t see how you’d be brave enough to offer Port the required trade capital to get him when contracted. 

• Like 3

On 9/8/2023 at 1:11 PM, MrFreeze said:

Seen some articles indicating Duursma at Port is gettable for the right price. Would be a great addition and we may be able to work something out with Grundy in play. Kind of player we sorely need. 

We're you watching Saturday night, Duursma is f'n hopeless.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Highly likely. Hibberd to retire. x ANNOUNCED 

Highly likely. BBB to retire  x

Almost certain. Dunstan - delisted x

Unrestricted free agent  James Jordon to go x .           I think he’ll look at offers and look to get more certainty and support like Bedford did.

Saddens me but ??? Gus… will have to reassess his health and well-being for his future ☹️ 

—————————————————————-

Probable. Harmesy to stay one more year. 🤔
Probable. Melksham. One year deal. 🤔
Possible   TMCD to obviously consider retirement though he’s internal determination means he’s likely to give it one more year   🤔

Unclear  Kye Turner   Last man added in February. He looked ok at Casey but not certain he could step up   Given Tomlinson likely to move on, he might stay as backup key defence  🤔

why? Signed Schache to one more year 🤯

—————————————————————— 

Trade options for Dees. 

1. Grundy  - obviously the talk is there and it will have to be explored   x

2. Tomlinson - not given chances by Goody so like Hunt/Bedford , he’ll likely select to look elsewhere x

3. picks to trade up. 5,15,24,34  

—————————————————————-

probably 6-7 players to add to the list. 

Shane McAdam trade in 

Kynan Brown father son 

3 other youngsters 

additional ready to start player - trade or free agent 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Saddens me but ??? Gus… will have to reassess his health and well-being for his future ☹️ 

—————————————————————-

This is what kills me, I think Gus hangs them up and I was on the fence about pursuing Harley Reid but I think if we lose a gun mid nose the time to grab one even though they aren’t like for like

• Like 2

On 9/9/2023 at 11:05 PM, dazzledavey36 said:

Why is Bailey Laurie under uncertain future when he's contracted for another year...

because the rumour is he wants to go elsewhere for more opportunities

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2023 at 11:11 PM, spirit of norm smith said:

DD36. I think after 3 years there may be some clubs asking the question and maybe some offers for him. Seemed to again not take opportunities but limited chances really. Agree it’s not likely but I’ll rate still as a possible. 

Laurie in my view is a long way from AFL standard very poor choice

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

What rumour?

Got his opportunity in a big final. I'd be very surprised if he leaves.

ANB, Chandler, McAdam, Woey, Spargo, Harmes, Howes maybe, AMW and Laurie. Kynan Brown and maybe another coming in.

Seems a bit top heavy and Laurie is the one that might leave if a trade could be done. 

I still think Deakyn Smith could play HF or HB. I think he can make the step up. Would love to see him get a chance, maybe as sub against a weaker side next year.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

latest rumour mill on sen:

• grundy to swans with pear pulling out of the race
  • jj to aints as a free agent
  • harmes and tomlinson on the market
  • we're chasing early picks 

JJ to Saints makes sense for both parties I reckon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, whatwhat say what said:

agreed

do we get any compo? or none cos he's effectively dfa?

We'll get compo, he's now classified as an UFA due to being delisted previously.

Can't imagine it will be anymore than a 3rd rounder.

Having said that, I do wonder if there's compensation if saints offer him a base contract of like 2yrs x 100k. That may not trigger compensation.

• Shocked 1