Trade Rumours 2023

Nascent

5 minutes ago, Dannyz said:

I believe we've been told that Liam Henry would like to nominate Hawthorn as his next home. 

Were we still being informed on his intentions? It had been reported (I know, I know) that we had stepped that back when Koz resigned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Its Time for Another said:

I can't understand how he wasn't picked up last year when he tried to leave. Hopefully a better outcome for him and us this year not that we'd get much but will free up some cap space. 

this

the same limitations that he has with us aren't not seen by the opposition too

On 8/24/2023 at 1:29 PM, 58er said:

Please explain why? Evidence appears  that it's more likely he will move and we will assist. We can't afford to have a $650,000 senior playing about the equivalent of 6/7 AFL games in 22 Rounds. 

Brody has assisted in the ruck and at times has produced some helpful quarters and was stoic in Max's injury period.

I believe that he will be with us next season as we need a ruck backup for Max and he is the best one going around. I do not see us getting a replacement across the line to join the club. The club will ask him to give it a second season with us and he will accept. 

Max is not getting any younger and gets no protection from the maggots. I could see Brody giving max a week off every now and then during the season, playing alongside max where possible, covering any Max injury and looking to improve hi forward skills.

I think he will want to take his chances in a club that is firmly in the premiership window.

If he moves on we are pretty much without a viable ruck.

EDIT: what evidence are you talking about? Media speculation?

Edited by CHF
more thoughts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roost it far said:

Why would any indigenous player go near that shtihole of a club. 
He would be lucky to beat 26 at Dee’s 

Amon went there at the end of last year. I think you'll find it's pretty ordinary at most clubs.

13 hours ago, ChaserJ said:

Any feel for which of Sydney’s targets is most likely?

Sydney are now quite confident they’ll land Parish and are also going hard for Bailey Smith. 

They’ll have to lose a player or two that they’d prefer not to, however, I suspect that it will be difficult to pry Amartey or McLean out of there.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

5 minutes ago, goodwindees said:

Sydney are now quite confident they’ll land Parish and are also going hard for Bailey Smith. 

They’ll have to lose a player or two that they’d prefer not to, however, I suspect that it will be difficult to pry Amartey or McLean out of there.  

I just hope bombers don't get band 1 compo for him

6 hours ago, CHF said:

I believe that he will be with us next season as we need a ruck backup for Max and he is the best one going around. I do not see us getting a replacement across the line to join the club. The club will ask him to give it a second season with us and he will accept. 

Max is not getting any younger and gets no protection from the maggots. I could see Brody giving max a week off every now and then during the season, playing alongside max where possible, covering any Max injury and looking to improve hi forward skills.

I think he will want to take his chances in a club that is firmly in the premiership window.

If he moves on we are pretty much without a viable ruck.

EDIT: what evidence are you talking about? Media speculation?

CHF

The evidence is that he will want to be at a Club where he is a No 1 Ruck. And Port Cats and Swans are in the market.  You or I don't really know how Brody feels at the moment after this season so far. One injury and he could be first selected and BOG winning a Norm Smith Medal plus an individual medal as well.

I hope he does get what he wants either way next season snd that he has a chance of winning a flag this year. We shall have to wait snd see.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 2:26 AM, Nascent said:

The Eagles are the richest and most well resourced club in the game and won a flag only 5 years ago. AFL won't and shouldn't do them any direct favours, particularly as history (read ladder) will show them as not the worst team over the past two years. If they have another 1-2 years of these performances, then they can apply for assistance.

Yes, I agree but on their current trajectory they look like they could pull a north or even what we did, no club should sit at the bottom for 6-8 years, this year has been great purely off the fact that any team can beat any team (except North and WCE) its better for the league as a whole if you don't have these teams rotting at the bottom, especially one as big as Meth Toast.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 58er said:

CHF

The evidence is that he will want to be at a Club where he is a No 1 Ruck. And Port Cats and Swans are in the market.  You or I don't really know how Brody feels at the moment after this season so far. One injury and he could be first selected and BOG winning a Norm Smith Medal plus an individual medal as well.

I hope he does get what he wants either way next season snd that he has a chance of winning a flag this year. We shall have to wait snd see.

Dear 58, I do not want to be pedantic but what you quote as evidence is really just a collection of opinions. I am unaware of any direct evidence or confirmation from Brody that he wants to move to a club where he will be the No 1 Ruck.

All will be revealed in time. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CHF said:

Dear 58, I do not want to be pedantic but what you quote as evidence is really just a collection of opinions. I am unaware of any direct evidence or confirmation from Brody that he wants to move to a club where he will be the No 1 Ruck.

All will be revealed in time. 

CHF 

As I said we don't really know what Brody is thinking but you gave  your opinion and I am giving mine. Despite no exact knowledge either way but you are convinced he will stay. But that is your opinion! 

I am allowed mine and I believe that my opinion is perhaps more likely to be the case than yours. Thats if you look at it as a pure football sense from Brodie's angle. No doubt it has  been good for Maxy as he is fresher this year. But he is not injured like last year so kudos to Brody here.

We will just have to wait and see how itv turns out, till draft time possibly.

12 hours ago, Roost it far said:

Why would any indigenous player go near that shtihole of a club. 
He would be lucky to beat 26 at Dee’s 

i disagree entirely, he's 22 yo, finally finding his feet at afl level having 30 possie games on the wings of optus and has skill sets which could be utilised as a high HF to more effect than spargo/laurie have shown recently and off HB if hibbo retires + i have been pretty unimpressed by langdons season as a whole i think he's been quite ineffectual on games when he previously was super integral to our ball movement and i wouldn't be upset if someone went past hunter either. 

if harmes/jordon leave and howes and laurie don't come on as it looks like then we absolutely could use a versatile good ball user at 22 years of age 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, goodwindees said:

Thanks @goodwindees, great mail!

10 hours ago, Nascent said:

I just hope bombers don't get band 1 compo for him

Hard to see how they wouldn’t, but would be interested to see how the deal effects any Ben McKay deal.

Both sides widely reported as being well into McKay. Does Sydney still offer enough to trigger band 1 compo? If Essendon lose Parish, but get McKay, will they still sign as an FA and dilute any Parish compensation?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Turner said:

i disagree entirely, he's 22 yo, finally finding his feet at afl level having 30 possie games on the wings of optus and has skill sets which could be utilised as a high HF to more effect than spargo/laurie have shown recently and off HB if hibbo retires + i have been pretty unimpressed by langdons season as a whole i think he's been quite ineffectual on games when he previously was super integral to our ball movement and i wouldn't be upset if someone went past hunter either. 

if harmes/jordon leave and howes and laurie don't come on as it looks like then we absolutely could use a versatile good ball user at 22 years of age 

As I said he’d be lucky to be best 26