Jump to content

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

2022 Finals Tickets


Ollie fan
 Share


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, kev martin said:

That's not problem solving, it's adding to the problem and distressing to most.

Hope you don't teach that to vulnerable innocents.

Toxic and lacking of love and understanding.  An expression of an isolated sole who knows only their own shadow and does not see the reflection of, or care for, the diversity of beings in this world.  

Don't worry Kev, i was kidding. i would never advocate violence as a solution.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


54 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

I’d be disappointed if we didn’t get 60k there this week 

Prepare to be disappointed. I’m tipping mid to high 50’s. Our supporter demographic don’t do cold, late nights.

(excuse the poor grammar)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Accidentally bought double the tix I need.  Damned Ticketek.  In premium location, 3 tix.  Pm if you want heavily discounted tickets.

I did that once (senior's moment). I sent a msg to Ticketek asking to return some of the tickets. They agree, and gave me a refund. Not sure whether you've left it too late though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kev martin said:

 

Running commentary, so what. If only Melbourne supporters would chirp all match long. 

Footy is about being in a conflictual environment, learning sportsmanship, having consensus and participating with others whose action may be opposite to yours.

Without our ability to cooperate within the competition then we wouldn't even have sport.

Tribal, though in it together.

As for people who you don't like, so what get over it. That's what being out in the market place entails.You also chose to engage which probably wasn't in a calming way, but an antagonistic way. Plenty of learning's there, which wouldn't be available if isolated. 

So that person irritated you. Control is not possible, only influence. You are the only person you can control. There will be one in every crowd. You could develop skills to create an optimal environment in the market place. The loud mouth gave you the opportunity to do that. Arguments will only make it uncomfortable for both of you and others around you. Figure out a better way to engage and influence in order to get closer to what you want in the engagement. 

Big fan of your posts Kev but this stumps me. 

someone is annoying you - so what, get over it?

No, hold people accountable. That person is the one making it uncomfortable for everyone. 

good natured banter is what I love about going to the footy but being a tool needs to be called out less this type of behaviour becomes acceptable 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kev martin said:

 

Running commentary, so what. If only Melbourne supporters would chirp all match long. 

Footy is about being in a conflictual environment, learning sportsmanship, having consensus and participating with others whose action may be opposite to yours.

Without our ability to cooperate within the competition then we wouldn't even have sport.

Tribal, though in it together.

As for people who you don't like, so what get over it. That's what being out in the market place entails.You also chose to engage which probably wasn't in a calming way, but an antagonistic way. Plenty of learning's there, which wouldn't be available if isolated. 

So that person irritated you. Control is not possible, only influence. You are the only person you can control. There will be one in every crowd. You could develop skills to create an optimal environment in the market place. The loud mouth gave you the opportunity to do that. Arguments will only make it uncomfortable for both of you and others around you. Figure out a better way to engage and influence in order to get closer to what you want in the engagement.

 

Psychologist, I take it.

I'll know who to ask in future, or not.

WALOS

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, DubDee said:

Big fan of your posts Kev but this stumps me. 

someone is annoying you - so what, get over it?

No, hold people accountable. That person is the one making it uncomfortable for everyone. 

good natured banter is what I love about going to the footy but being a tool needs to be called out less this type of behaviour becomes acceptable 

Live and let live.

Cannot control them and attempting to just makes it worse for everyone. 

If bad, call the stadiums staff. 

I hate seeing and hearing toxic men going at each other.

Annoying is better than angry.

Edited by kev martin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DubDee said:

good natured banter

Did you read what Dante said, he doesn't want to be around opposition supporters. The one he argues with, do you trust his opinion about him. I would have to ask a Swans supporter, so as to believe he was making it uncomfortable for everyone and not just the Dees fans.

@Dante, how many Swan fans asked him to go easier with the commentary? As you said there were other Swans supporters there. 

Given the way Dante rebuked my opinion about the matter (WASOS; what a load of s...t) does indicate he isn't very tolerant of those whose think differently to him.  

My father and I used to go to West Coast and Dockers game in WA. I lived there for 4 years.

We couldn't barrack for the MFC, too many want to verbally interfere. Dante sounds like one of those to me. Dad gave up going, because of the distress they caused,.one eyed, possessive, controlling and vicious. 

Edited by kev martin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have two tickets to the final this weekend, i accidentily bought tickets and my dad had already bought some two. 

Tickets are Q13 row D seat 1 and 2. 

Please text me on 0400093974 if you are intersted, i can sell for 60 each which is a slight discount.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, kev martin said:

Did you read what Dante said, he doesn't want to be around opposition supporters. The one he argues with, do you trust his opinion about him. I would have to ask a Swans supporter, so as to believe he was making it uncomfortable for everyone and not just the Dees fans.

@Dante, how many Swan fans asked him to go easier with the commentary? As you said there were other Swans supporters there. 

Given the way Dante rebuked my opinion about the matter (WASOS; what a load of s...t) does indicate he isn't very tolerant of those whose think differently to him.  

My father and I used to go to West Coast and Dockers game in WA. I lived there for 4 years.

We couldn't barrack for the MFC, too many want to verbally interfere. Dante sounds like one of those to me. Dad gave up going, because of the distress they caused,.one eyed, possessive, controlling and vicious. 

So this all goes back to your childhood. I see.

Read my post, there were two Swans supporters near me, one behind and one two down, the rest were mainly Dees supporters.

My partner and I went to the Collingwood QB game and sat in the middle of, mainly their supporters, and I congratulated them on their victory after the game, there was banter but it was mainly lighthearted. So I can and for years have sat with opposition supporters, if you can't see the difference  with the other night then it's you that has the problem.

I don't really care for your opinion so you can offer it if you like but it's not solicited and not wanted.

You get what I'm saying?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do see where Kev is coming from as I'm very much someone who likes both teams fans to get along in the outer. Despite it being against the rules I don't have a major issue with opposition fans in our area as long as they behave themselves and don't use disgusting and offensive language or cause other kinds of trouble. Even if they are playing up I still take the 'live and let live' approach and try to ignore it but that's just me, I'm a non-confrontational person who just wants everyone to get along but that doesn't mean I don't admire people for calling poor behaviour out. We've all got different personalities and if Dante genuinely thought these people crossed the line then I applaud him for trying to address it. 

If we're on this message board we are most likely true fans so that is not in question to me. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Stevienic23 said:

Geelong Members Priority 1,2&3 tickets have gone to ballot for the grand final. Early crow!

I'm told that The Pies Grand final guarantee "ticket" costs over $900 a year. Plus you had to register your intention of wanting one by 7th Sept or  will have waived your right to a ticket.

Don't think we have any such rule. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr Steve said:

I'm told that The Pies Grand final guarantee "ticket" costs over $900 a year. Plus you had to register your intention of wanting one by 7th Sept or  will have waived your right to a ticket.

Don't think we have any such rule.

Is the $900 for a membership which includes a GFG or for the GFG option when added to a regular membership?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Is the $900 for a membership which includes a GFG or for the GFG option when added to a regular membership?

It's like ours, it is included in some memberships. But starts at $945 or so one of their supporters told me. 

Guess we will go the same way now that we are winning games and making finals.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mr Steve said:

It's like ours, it is included in some memberships. But starts at $945 or so one of their supporters told me. 

Guess we will go the same way now that we are winning games and making finals.

I guess each club can offer only a limited number of GFG inclusive memberships or a GFG option so with so many members they need to make those premium memberships pretty pricey.  I'm guessing the number is fixed at around 10K to 12K GFG guarantees.

Our similar membership kicks in at about $530.

I suspect our GFG memberships will be almost impossible to buy as when you have one you get the first right to go with it the following year.  They were all sold out this year. 

Would expect most if not all our membership prices to go up next year.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    BLINK OF AN EYE by The Oracle

    In the year 2022, we learned that the fine between ultimate success in sport and failure can be measured in the blink of an eye. The Melbourne Football Club began the year where it had left off in 2021 - as the powerhouse of the AFL men’s competition.  They steamed towards the halfway mark of the season taking all before them until their winning streak of ten in a row (17 overall since the latter part of the premiership season) came to a crushing end with consecutive losses at the hands of

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    CHANGES 2022 Part 03 by The Oracle

    Part Three - Comparing apples with pomegranates by The Oracle One of the truly pointless exercises after each year’s draft is the game over which club “won” the period in question. The reality is that there is no winner or loser at the time and it’s only years further down the track when a full assessment of how the picks turn out can be made, that the winning hand is revealed. And the draft results cannot be considered in isolation; you need to look at where each club stood before the

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    GRAND NEW FLAG by Meggs

    Daisy was at pains to tell everyone who asked that the grand final story was NOT the Daisy Pearce story.  She wanted people to focus on the Melbourne Football Club, our wonderful players and non-playing teammates, her legacy buddy head coach Mick Stinear, the assistant coaches, the Club volunteers, the Board, the administrators, #DeeArmy, all supporters, in fact anyone who bleeds for the red and the blue.  But it is also a bit about the pioneer, role model, mother who is Daisy Pearce

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    EYES ON THE PRIZE by Meggs

    The Stinear/Pearce partnership has evolved over the 7 AFLW seasons and they have built a team with talented, committed footballers who play for each other and execute a highly entertaining brand of footy. On Sunday can a premiership be added to this legacy? This may well be the last time we see Daisy in the mighty red and blue as she contemplates her start date for a coaching role ‘Down at Kardinia Park’.  Last week’s sensational sealer in the Prelim showed everybody that Daisy could s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DAISY’S DEMON DRIVE by Meggs

    On a blustery Saturday afternoon when the conditions affected marking skills and the ball bounced unpredictably, the Mighty Dees stuck fat against a determined Kangaroos outfit to break away with two final quarter goals to none to win AFLW Preliminary Final 2 by 17 points — an all-time high winning margin between these two teams.  From the outset it was a fiercely fought contest with Melbourne unable to find the ball in space. North really amped up their one-percenters an

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    NOT A MOMENT TO MISS by Meggs

    The AFLW Season 7 fixture was carefully crafted to purposely handicap the better teams and give the expansion and developing sides an easier draw.  Nonetheless, this weekend’s Preliminary Finals will showcase the Lions, Demons, Crows and Roos, teams widely accepted as the best 4 in the competition.   In Friday night’s Prelim 1 the minor premiers, Brisbane, will start warm favourites at home against Adelaide.   On Saturday afternoon at Ikon Park, Prelim 2 between Melbourne and North is

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STICK TO YOUR GUNS by Meggs

    The Dees convincingly overcome the fast-starting reigning-premiers Adelaide to win by 21 points in a fiery Qualifying Final match at Ikon Park on Friday evening.     In that first quarter Adelaide jumped out of the blocks kicking their first goal inside 20 seconds finishing with 3 goals to nil. All was quiet at Ikon Park.     Melbourne, having easily outplayed lesser opponents over the past six weeks took time to ratchet up their intensity.  But, by mid to late first quarter, the Dees be

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    HEAVYWEIGHTS by Meggs

    AFLW heavyweights Melbourne and Adelaide kick off the AFLW Season 7 Final Series with a massive Qualifying Final clash at Ikon Park this Friday night at 7:10pm.  The game promises to be a cracker.   Last season’s Grand Final combatants last met in Round 1where Melbourne came away with a strong 18-point victory at Glenelg Oval. The Dees will be hoping to replicate the result and move directly to the Preliminary Final.    While Adelaide may not have been as intimidating this season as in p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MISSED IT BY THAT MUCH by Meggs

    Congratulations to Daisy’s Dees on a huge 78-point one-sided win against West Coast in challenging windy and wet conditions at Casey Fields.     The banner celebrating Sarah Lampard’s 50 games was a victim of the wind, but nonetheless Lampy received a warm round of applause from the parochial crowd in attendance.   Melbourne has the double-chance and is excited about its chances in the Season 7 AFLW finals. If this means the Grand Final is played at Metricon and the Demond make it, then

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...