Fill the ‘G’

Dee Zephyr

65K will be a good result.

58K against the dogs in Round 1 with 45K of us there was the vast majority of Melbourne supporters who would consider going to a game..

Expect that to be around 50K for finals and the Swans will bring between 15-20K of their own

TBH, [censored] me people already giving reasons why they can't go in the fill there g thread.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, layzie said:

I'd say 60-65k 

Sadly, you may not be too far of the mark (presume you are predicting total crowd).  But having said that, I really don’t get it.  65k plus members, plenty more supporters and this suggests about 45k at best of our mob will turn up.  Sad, verging on embarrassing.

This is on top of us winning the flag last year, the players wanting to do it again in front  of their ‘real supporters’, and not to forget how ‘we’ were so disappointed that we couldn’t be there at the game.

The WA neutrals did our boys proud last year.  Do not underestimate what impact a large boisterous crowd can have on a team’s performance. I was fortunate enough to see it first hand over in WA. Our boys have done their bit, it is up to us now to do our bit. But I am worried.

As much as I love to hate Collingwood and their supporters I am actually very jealous of them (in my opinion they helped get their team over the line against us the other week and just now against Carlton).

It is now time for all our supporters to walk the talk and do the right thing and actually turn up in massive numbers and support our boys

Edited by Wodjathefirst
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, Wodjathefirst said:

Sadly, you may not be too far of the mark (presume you are predicting total crowd).  But having said that, I really don’t get it.  65k plus members, plenty more supporters and this suggests about 45k at best of our mob will turn up.  Sad, verging on embarrassing.

This is on top of us winning the flag last year, the players wanting to do it again in front  of their ‘real supporters’, and not to forget how ‘we’ were so disappointed that we couldn’t be there at the game.

The WA neutrals did our boys proud last year.  Do not underestimate what impact a large boisterous crowd can have on a team’s performance. I was fortunate enough to see it first hand over in WA. Our boys have done their bit, it is up to us now to do our bit. But I am worried.

As much as I love to hate Collingwood and their supporters I am actually very jealous of them (in my opinion they helped get their team over the line against us the other week and just now against Carlton).

It is now time for all our supporters to walk the talk and do the right thing and actually turn up in massive numbers and support our boys

Attending last years GF in Perth as a Melbourne supporter was like transcending into an alternate reality. Never witnessed as much crowd balance in our favour in a big game when I lived in Melbourne. 

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Wodjathefirst said:

Dogs and the unborn are not allowed in the M.C.G.

I reckon of the 65k it's maybe 70% actual flesh and blood members who would want to attend a game.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Wodjathefirst said:

It's definitely not predicted with pleasure Wodja. Really need everyone to get on board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorgoroth said:

I’m hoping to go with mates, but I’ll be flying back to Melbourne when the tickets go on sale, hope my email is out before I leave so I can get them the barcode to be able to sit with them.

You can get your barcode before the email is sent by logging into your membership account online.

• Like 1

Just now, layzie said:

Oh great that business again where we start seeing all the new DL accounts requesting barcodes!

Hasn't happened yet usually in the leadup to the GF. Gorgoroth is a long time member.

Just on the 65k members, my two kids and mother in law are members but won't be going. My kids are still young and get freaked out by the big crowds and MIL likely working. I will try and use their tickets to bring along mates/cousins as Demons for the night but depends if they're free.

Still think it will be a bumper crowd, Melbourne supporters traditionally come out of the woodwork for finals.

9 minutes ago, 640MD said:

They gave us Friday night.    PRIME spot. Biggest coverage for the year I reckon. And 70+. Is my guess.   Sponsors get on board 

B2B

You would think so. Where did the 65k fans come from in the 2018 finals series? Surely they're still out there somewhere. I reckon we'll get 70k with 50k our mob.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hasn't happened yet usually in the leadup to the GF. Gorgoroth is a long time member.

Just on the 65k members, my two kids and mother in law are members but won't be going. My kids are still young and get freaked out by the big crowds and MIL likely working. I will try and use their tickets to bring along mates/cousins as Demons for the night but depends if they're free.

Still think it will be a bumper crowd, Melbourne supporters traditionally come out of the woodwork for finals.

Oh not having a go at Gorg hell no. Just the very sight of the word 'barcode' reminded me of all that business!

The sitting with people thing is going to be interesting. A part of me just wants to get the ticket and be happy with what I've got because after the ticket fiasco we've seen this year I don't trust those crudheads in charge. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, layzie said:

It's definitely not predicted with pleasure Wodja. Really need everyone to get on board.

I have a plan! Accepting that we appear to have more than our fair share of fair weathered supporters who seemed to be so despondent when they couldn’t attend games / finals last year and are doing the same again this year. Yeah I know there are many variables to consider that determines whether you attend games including 

a) It can’t be too cold

b) It can’t be too warm

c) Chance of a shower- forget it

d) I have other commitments (eg attend my second cousin’s daughter’s birthday party)

You get my drift.  It appears we have a very limited pool of dedicated supporters (elderly, infirm, distance challenged etc excepted)

The plan is find supporters that love to hate the teams we will compete against in the finals and invite them along.  The ‘silver tails’ amongst us who will only attend the GF if we make it, consider buying tickets for these people. Think of the positives. At least when they attend they will make some  noise.

We need to make sure our boys feel like they are playing finals with a home ground advantage.  We owe it to them.

Edited by Wodjathefirst
Typo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I just found out my best mate has organised dinner for my god son and his sister's birthdays on the Friday night.

Such a shame I'll have to miss out, I'll make sure to send them a nice photo of me at the G though 😝

That's the right attitude.  I've rustled up 8 Dees supporters to come along - go dees!

• Love 2

3 hours ago, Wodjathefirst said:

I have a plan! Accepting that we appear to have more than our fair share of fair weathered supporters who seemed to be so despondent when they couldn’t attend games / finals last year and are doing the same again this year. Yeah I know there are many variables to consider that determines whether you attend games including 

a) It can’t be too cold

b) It can’t be too warm

c) Chance of a shower- forget it

d) I have other commitments (eg attend my second cousin’s daughter’s birthday party)

You get my drift.  It appears we have a very limited pool of dedicated supporters (elderly, infirm, distance challenged etc excepted)

The plan is find supporters that love to hate the teams we will compete against in the finals and invite them along.  The ‘silver tails’ amongst us who will only attend the GF if we make it, consider buying tickets for these people. Think of the positives. At least when they attend they will make some  noise.

We need to make sure our boys feel like they are playing finals with a home ground advantage.  We owe it to them.

Love the creative thinking. I think it's a goer!

Also, I'm going to start calling fair weather fans 'weatherboard fans' because they're real hard to maintain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2