GAMEDAY: Rd 20 vs Fremantle

9 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

The DA will have to try harder dc - my punt requires 20 - 39.

That’s a huge ask seeing as many of us are here, not in WA. 
Maybe the WA Demons fans will do it!!!

As well as WCE fans coz Freo. 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
Forgot WCE… easily done 😆

14 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Is there an article on this, or inside info 

The boys need to eyeball each other and say “let’s go”

Just my take on the comments of Richo, Gus, Trac and Goody in the media, sounds like the players have been told they're on the verge on letting the season slip away and need to get back to our selfless values that made us great in 2021 or it'll be one that got away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

MFCSS has me in its grip. That, and im not convinced by our form over the last month.

Tipping Freo by 20-30 points and a long week of us getting slagged off by the media.

Maybe Gus signing on will give us a boost somehow. 

Make me eat my words Dees.

11 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

Just my take on the comments of Richo, Gus, Trac and Goody in the media, sounds like the players have been told they're on the verge on letting the season slip away and need to get back to our selfless values that made us great in 2021 or it'll be one that got away.

Ok Thanks DS

It’s time

Gameday once again huh? Seems to come around on a pretty regular basis during my summer months ..... and how good is that.

Finished breakfast and the morning coffee and will now do a bit of work until Game Time.

12.10pm start time for me so it will be a late lunch with a few glasses of wine after the win.

Dees By a lot......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

The DA will have to try harder dc - my punt requires 20 - 39.

You might get punted by WC at this rate Uncle

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Docs Demons said:

Just looked at the Radar and it appears to be clearing but no doubt soft underneath. Dees by 28 points.

Yeah it’s super blustery mate

• Thanks 1

It starts with good conversation...

"You want some dinner love?" ... "no i'm just about to have some but thanks"

Music?  Strictly the classics.... "it's a grand old flag (what else!)

Dress code?  ... 2021 Premiers hoody & Trackies.  Fabulous!

20220729_185735.thumb.jpg.2762f09b2bae74aba4734cb5abc58b6a.jpg

• Haha 2

Do we know the medical sub yet?

IF Tommo I guess they would be worried about May and or Lever, otherwise probably Chandler. 

Tonight will tell a lot about our hunger to win it all this season. Players should be stung by the earlier meeting where they belted us in the contest and on the scoreboard on our own patch.

When teams have really upped the physicality this season we just haven't responded well enough. It's going to take a full 4 quarters of intensity tonight, including finding a way to drag ourselves back up when things are going against us.

Do we have it in us?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, monoccular said:

IF Tommo I guess they would be worried about May and or Lever, otherwise probably Chandler. 

Chandler if we have half a brain surely

8 minutes ago, Monocology said:

The most up-beat, positive, optimistic game-day thread in D'land history.

Suggest we run the game time posting as a separate thread so we can run a comparative study?

Ron Burgundy What GIF

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, monoccular said:

I read somewhere it’s Dunstan. I was sure it was on the MFC website that I read it, but can’t find it now. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

BOILED LOLLIES by The Oracle

In the space of a month Melbourne has gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in terms of its standing as a candidate for the AFL premiership.  The club faces its moment of truth against a badly bruised up Collingwood at the MCG. A win will give it some respite but even then, it won’t be regarded particularly well being against an opponent carrying the burden of an injured playing list. A loss would be a disaster. The Demons have gone from a six/two win/loss ratio and a strong percentag

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3

CLEAN HANDS by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons headed into town and up Sydney Road to take on the lowly Coburg Lions who have been perennial VFL easy beats and sitting on one win for the season. Last year, Casey beat them in a practice match when resting their AFL listed players. That’s how bad they were. Nobody respected them on Saturday and clearly not the Demons who came to the game with 22 players (ten MFC), but whether they came out to play is another matter because for the most part, their intensity was lacking an

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

ALAS SPRINGS by Whispering Jack

I got the word on Saturday from someone who knows someone inside the Fremantle camp that the Dockers were pumped and supremely confident about getting the W the next day against Melbourne at TIO Traeger Park in the red heart of the country. I was informed that the Dockers were extremely confident for a number of reasons. They had beaten the Demons on their home territory at the MCG at their last two meetings so they didn’t see beating them at Alice Springs as a problem. They belie

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

The Demons head back to Melbourne after an embarrassing loss to the Dockers to take on the Magpies at the MCG on Kings Birthday. With a calf injury to Lachie Hunter and Jacob van Rooyen possibly returning from injury who comes in and who goes out?  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 283

PODCAST: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 3rd June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons embarrasing loss to Fremantle in Alice Springs. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE: ht

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 58

VOTES: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the embarrassing loss against the Dockers. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 33

POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demons were blown out of the water and were absolutely embarrassing against the Fremantle Dockers in Alice Springs ultimately going down by 92 points and getting bundled out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 589

GAMEDAY: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

It's Game Day and the Demons and the Dockers meet on halfway on neutral territory in the heart of the country in Alice Springs and the Dees need to win to hold onto a place in the Top 4.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 772

TROUBLE by The Oracle

Situated roughly in Australia's geographic centre, Alice Springs has for many years been a troubled town suffering from intermittent crime waves, particularly among its younger residents. There was a time a little while ago when things were so bad that some even doubted the annual AFL game in the town would proceed.  Now, the hope is that this Sunday’s Melbourne vs Fremantle encounter will bring joy to the residents of the town and that through the sport and the example of the participants,

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!