• Podcast:      

• Podcast:      

CHANGES: Rd 17 vs Geelong

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

If Weeds gets a game instead of Mitch Brown I'll spew up!

Picket, can one spew down? This has bothered me for some time, also while we're at it why do Americans get off of things? 

In anticipation,

ManDee

• Like 1

For the regular Casey watchers:

anything they’ve appeared to ask Rivers to focus on in his time at Casey? Is he playing different positions? 

Recognise Jordon’s development on the wing and Gus down back has created one fewer spot in the backline but curious to understand what they are working on development-wise with him

Out:

Weid, M. Brown 

In:

Gawn, LJ

Be interesting if they go with the smaller fwd line,  or stick to our usual set up which means Weid stays in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jackson 6 said:

For the regular Casey watchers:

anything they’ve appeared to ask Rivers to focus on in his time at Casey? Is he playing different positions? 

Recognise Jordon’s development on the wing and Gus down back has created one fewer spot in the backline but curious to understand what they are working on development-wise with him

He's still playing in the backline.  I'd guess at getting back to how he was playing last year - so run and carry, taking the game on etc but also switching and working on his defensive role in the mens' department which has let him down at times this year. The camera work at VFL level is really limited, so it's hard to follow a player closely.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, deeTRACted said:

Things you love to see

Another thing I'd like to see.

"Jackson and Brayshaw sign as Dees for life".

• Like 3
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Goody is now a very polished and confident performer at these media conferences.

He still rubs his leg intermittently.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Demonland said:

On 7/4/2022 at 9:21 AM, Lucifers Hero said:

Other than the obvious changes one I would consider is who takes Stengle.   Is it Hibberd, Salem, Gus or bring in Hunt who has an outstanding record on small forwards this year?   

Goodwin said we will certainly have a player to keep watch on Stengle.

Same question I posed a few days ago, is it:  Hibberd, Salem, Gus or Hunt? 

If Hibberd has carryover soreness from last week and only a 5 day break, I would bring in Hunt.

Edited by Lucifers Hero

1 minute ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Goodwin said we will certainly have a player to keep watch on Stengle.

Same question I posed a few days ago, is it:  Hibberd, Salem, Gus or Hunt? 

If Hibberd has carryover soreness from last week and only a 5 day break, I would bring in Hunt.

Hunt has shown us in the past that he is a good lock-down defender when he needs to be. So if Hibbo does get omitted, then its probably the right choice IMO.

1 hour ago, Travy14 said:

Out:

Weid, M. Brown 

In:

Gawn, LJ

Be interesting if they go with the smaller fwd line,  or stick to our usual set up which means Weid stays in

Yes I think it’s talls out for talls. Seems like some want Weid to stay in.  With BBB and Weid, frees Fritsch up and probably allows him not to have to compete in contested pack marks.  Bedford would be stiff to miss but didn’t quite nail his opportunities last week. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Reading between the lines, Weid will be omitted. 

10 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Hearing the presser I reckon Weideman stays in the team.

🤔

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

56 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

"We wouldn't play them if they weren't 100% fit"

Well that's a lie Goody.....

Except the actual quote is:

“I wouldn’t be playing them if they weren’t 100 per cent. They’re ready to go,”

Semantically, a very big difference. 

3 minutes ago, binman said:

Except the actual quote is:

“I wouldn’t be playing them if they weren’t 100 per cent. They’re ready to go,”

Semantically, a very big difference. 

I stole the quote from Clint Stanaway.

Either way, I think we all know Goody has told a white lie in the past.

Christian Petracca playing sick against Fremantle is a prime example. He left it to Christian to make the decision on the day and it back fired. Goody contradicts himself there.

In saying that, I'm glad both LJ and Gawn are playing this week.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I stole the quote from Clint Stanaway.

Either way, I think we all know Goody has told a white lie in the past.

Christian Petracca playing sick against Fremantle is a prime example. He left it to Christian to make the decision on the day and it back fired. Goody contradicts himself there.

In saying that, I'm glad both LJ and Gawn are playing this week.

I think 100% in AFL terms more relates to is there a chance of extra injury.

All players play sore most of the year and most have injections before each game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Hearing the presser I reckon Weideman stays in the team.

Could be Bedford and MBrown as the outs.

Disagree. The journo talked about Weid's game last week in gushing terms. Goody just said that they are happy with Weid's development. I guess we'll see who's right.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

HORSING AROUND by George On The Outer

Before the match it was claimed that Collingwood were a “one trick pony” side.  Well that one trick worked very well against Melbourne, as they extended their winning streak to 11 for the season. Meanwhile, the Demons continued to horse around with structures which simply haven’t been working. The one tall forward option with resting rucks failed yet again, in an almost identical manner to the game against the Bulldogs recently.  93 more possessions, 65 inside 50 entries 24 more than the op

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

THE BUBBLE by The Oracle

"I feel like we've got more than enough experience in close games. It'd be nice to win one by five or six goals and have that pulse lower a little bit late in games, but that's not our story." — Scott Pendlebury on the eve of his team’s forthcoming Round 21 game against Melbourne. When you read words such as these, you know it’s time for Melbourne fans to be humble. The old enemy is up and about while our mantle of invincibility has vanished into thin air. A Magpie win against the Demons wo

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

ANCHORS AWEIGH! by George on the Outer

So came the cry from the Dockers as the S.S. Fremantle set sail with the hopes of all of their supporters on board on the mighty ship. Their task was to do nothing more than to defeat the Melbourne side and a top four position on the ladder was assured. The problem for them was that their leaky boat came up against the mighty battleship - Team Demon and it didn’t take long after they left port for their vessel to develop a multitude of leaks. The first salvo was fired by First Officer

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

SWEET SIXTEEN by KC from Casey

The game was an uneven match up from the very beginning. The Casey Demons, representing an alignment between the reigning premiers Melbourne and the outer southeastern expansion area centred around a sprawling Cranbourne with its rapid population growth and the stand alone Northern Bullants from the inner north who sit at the foot of the VFL table. With 14 AFL listed players and a couple more having experience at the elite level opening with the breeze at their backs, the result was inevitable.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

THE HUNGER GAME by Whispering Jack

The game may well have taken place a day short of ten weeks ago but the atmospherics surrounding Friday night’s match between Melbourne (then Narrm) and Fremantle are light years apart from those that prevailed when the teams last faced off the MCG in late autumn. On one hand, the Demons were in the midst of a 17 game winning spree that included a drought breaking premiership victory. On the other, the Dockers were coming off a six goal thrashing at Optus Stadium in teeming rain against a then s

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

DOG-TIED by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons were extended early against rivals Footscray VFL in their matchup played in wet and greasy conditions at VU Whitten Oval on Saturday but, after establishing their authority in the second quarter, they were able to tie up their opponents at the end to maintain their undefeated run which now stands at 15.  The game began under grey threatening skies and the wet conditions turned the game into a tight slog with scoring kept down to a minimum. The Demons were held goalless agai

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

DOG DAY by George On The Outer

It is said that every dog has its day and that was certainly the case when the Western Bulldogs defeated Melbourne under the roof at the Docklands on Saturday night.   While the Dogs were certainly at the very top of their game, the same couldn’t be said of the Demons. All around the ground, dismal individual performances and dismal team performances were the order of the day.  Fans should have been worried right from the start as the game turned into a goal-fest. This is not their team’

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

RAINING CATS & DOGS by Whispering Jack

Despite winning their game in the Red Centre at the weekend, the consensus among the pundits is that Melbourne’s days in the sun are over. Ten rounds into the season, they were the competition’s top dogs and regarded virtually unbeatable but their recent form (three wins from the last seven games) has put them well below par, perilously clinging onto second spot on the ladder with storm clouds on the horizon. The air of invincibility that once surrounded them is gone and the Demons face a t

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

THE KOZZY SHOW by George On The Outer

Q: Melbourne is playing Port Adelaide at Traeger Park, Alice Springs and once again, it doesn’t have a properly functioning forward line — so from where were the goals going to come?   A: Kysaiah Pickett.     In a one man show in front of his adoring fans, he racked up six majors to give the Demons the edge in the game and to finally run out winners by 14 points.     The result could well have been very different without his efforts with Melbourne failing to score a major

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

SWITCHING ON by The Oracle

We can’t take anything for granted, can we? After all, the Melbourne that took Port Adelaide for a long ride around the Adelaide Oval in early April of this year and switched off late in the game is finding it difficult of late to switch back on. Apart from a stellar display against the Brisbane Lions a fortnight ago, the Demons have laboured during the middle part of the season and, with a tough draw ahead of them, have reached a critical stage of the season after their first flag in decad

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

STORIES by KC from Casey

There were more than a few stories about Friday night’s game between the Casey Demons and Geelong at GMHBA Stadium. The first was one of complete domination in the first quarter (six goals to nil), ascendency in the last (five to two) and the second was about the void in between (zero to seven). The third was about how, in the end, the Demons retained their unbeaten record despite the hell of a scare they had on the rainswept spaces of the Cattery. However, the story that folk might be

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

NIPPED by George on the Outer

Melbourne’s twenty eight point loss to Geelong down at Taxpayer Funded Park provided plenty of cat-nip for the Geelong fans and their team.  After all, the Cats go away thinking they have now got the Demons sorted after the embarrassments heaped upon them last season and their taste of this cat-nip will get even stronger in the coming weeks, courtesy of the AFL draw which gives them three more home games at the same venue in the six remaining rounds.  Yet Melbourne, despite this loss

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

• Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!