CASEY: Rd 06 vs Box Hill

Demonland

Everyone hung on in the last, I was wondering who is going to kick the goals? Top effort Kade Chandler a lot of skill and a bit of luck.!!!!!

1 hour ago, Nascent said:

Is there anyway to make the video fit the full screen? My option is greyed out for some reason, watching via the app on my phone. Bit hard to watch. Landscape mode doesnt change it either.Screenshot_20220501-145747_AFL.thumb.jpg.2c33ac3a71109087f2f4ef005baaeb82.jpg

Great question 

Super grab by Rosman at centre-half back during the third quarter, add that to your highlights reel young fella!  Played a disciplined game with some timely interventions. Andy Moniz-Wakefield is getting more involved and has silky skills. Young 'Bill' Laurie was prolific around the packs and kicked a nice goal at the non-scoring end. Kade Chandler rose to the occasion and finished a big weekend of footy, with three important last quarter goals.

Given the recent scoring yips, get out with the Sherrin Precision footballs for Choco's goal kicking skills session.

Edited by Tarax Club
  • Thanks 2

I went to go watch. Gawn/Weideman/Mcdonald/Weideman/Taj Woewodin/Daniel Turner/Blake Howes/Lever/Aaron Davey/Matthew Whelan/Mark Williams/Troy Chaplin all watching together. As well as Sam Frost :)

It was good to see Bailey Laurie find some of the ball. He still needs to work on his conditioning and get fitter. Still carrying excess weight. 

Edited by Deedubs
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, chook fowler said:

The ground surface looks like a cow paddock. Substandard.

Moniz- Wakefield looks a goer

I live around the corner from this ground. We are at Goolwa Beach at the moment, left Melbourne on Friday, and it was a bit uncanny turning on the TV and seeing a live broadcast from my neighborhood. I couldn't get over how long the grass was...It's normally a highly maintained oval. My dog loves it...

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, dieter said:

I live around the corner from this ground. We are at Goolwa Beach at the moment, left Melbourne on Friday, and it was a bit uncanny turning on the TV and seeing a live broadcast from my neighborhood. I couldn't get over how long the grass was...It's normally a highly maintained oval. My dog loves it...

Does he poo and wee all over it?

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

I’d like to see Rosman kept at CHB. Seems to be right position given his size and pace.   Certainly showing good improvement this year.  

Rosman is listed as 194cm, 84 Kim - but I don't know if that has been updated since his draft day.  

Does he look bigger than that?

• Like 1

YIPS by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons overcame a bout of goal kicking yips and a last quarter Box Hill Hawks comeback to record score a goal a thrilling 7 point away from home victory on Sunday.

With senior affiliate Melbourne fighting a Covid breakout and some injury concerns to their listed players, Casey turned to youth and called up locals Zac Andrewartha, Matthew Johnson and Harvey Neocleous to join Matt Buntine, a local product who was part of the inaugural GWS Giants list. 

The team made a slow start but took control late in the opening term and led at every change. There was little to get excited about in what was for the most part a dull game under cloudy skies at Box Hill City Oval and but for their inaccuracy in front of goal, the game should have been safely in the Demons’ hands by the final break. However, two goals to the home side reduced what had been a game high 26 point Casey lead midway through the final term to a manageable 17 points with the freshening breeze aiding the Hawks. 

The Hawks grabbed their chances early in the final quarter and within ten minutes took the lead after three more unanswered goals. Casey coach Mark Corrigan made some telling changes to the on ball division and the team lifted on the running strength of Oskar Baker and the goal kicking composure of the previous night’s medical sub Kade Chandler who responded with three goals, the last of which, at the 23 minute mark, made victory safe despite a goal on the siren which brought the home team back to a losing margin of seven points.

The Demons went into the game with 11 AFL listed players after the withdrawal of Jake Melksham due to a late Covid19 case at Melbourne and with Michael Hibberd also out, they were severely down on experience. Box Hill were in a similar situation - they fielded only 9 Hawthorn players.

It was left to a combination of young and old to preserve Casey’s undefeated record. Majak Daw was magnificent in the ruck and was aided by young ruckman Jake Bell who lifted in the final term. Skipper Mitch White was ever-reliable kicking the team’s opening goal with help from a brilliant Chandler pass and another to kick off the second half.  James Munro burrowed into packs and tackled hard in the midfield and George Grey kicked a couple of handy goals. Adam Tomlinson was handy with some strong marking in defence. 

Some Demon youngsters are worthy of mention. Bailey Laurie played his best game and was dangerous up forward throughout. Likewise, live wire small forward Andy Moniz-Wakefield was impressive with his run and his endeavour, particularly when the chips were down late in the game. And high marking Jacob Van Rooyen showed some glimpses of special talent which should, when fully developed, translate into a very good AFL key forward in due course. He kicked an outstanding goal in the third quarter. Fraser Rosman had his moments and seems to have settled well into a key defensive position.

In the end, the final score of 10.19.79 to 11.6.72 said it all about Casey’s big bout of the yips. 

The top of the ladder Demons face a big challenge next up when they host Southport for the first time at Casey Fields.

CASEY DEMONS 3.7.25 5.10.40 7.15.57 10.19.79 

BOX HILL HAWKS 2.2.14 4.4.28 6.4.40 11.6.72

GOALS 

CASEY DEMONS Chandler 3 Grey White 2 Laurie Steele Van Rooyen

BOX HILL HAWKS Jeka 3 Greene 2 Brinker-Ritchie Butler Cavarra Parsons Phillips Serong

BEST 

CASEY DEMONS Baker Moniz-Wakefield Chandler Laurie Munro Bell Tomlinson Grey

BOX HILL HAWKS Phillips Grey Mascitti Howe Horner Blanck

Statistics

Zac Andrewartha 2 kicks 9 handballs 11 disposals 1 mark 2 tackles 35 dream team points 
Oskar Baker 1 behind 13 kicks 3 handballs 16 disposals 3 marks 2 tackles 60 dream team points
Riley Baldi 7 kicks 1 handballs 8 disposals 17 dream team points
Jake Bell 2 behinds 4 kicks 5 handballs 9 disposals 4 marks 11 hit outs 47 dream team points
Mitch Brown 3 behinds 9 kicks 3 handballs 12 disposals 8 marks 57 dream team points
Matt Buntine 7 kicks 5 handballs 12 disposals 3 marks 40 dream team points
Kade Chandler 3 goals 11 kicks 5 handballs 16 disposals 6 marks 4 tackles 95 dream team points
Majak Daw 8 kicks 2 handballs 10 disposals 4 marks 2 tackles 31 hit outs 81 dream team points
Luca Goonan 1 behind 4 kicks 9 handballs 13 disposals 2 marks 2 tackles 45 dream team points
George Grey 2 goals 2 behinds 11 kicks 3 handballs 14 disposals 5 marks 68 dream team points
Matthew Johnson 9 kicks 4 handballs 13 disposals 5 marks 51 dream team points
Bailey Laurie 1 goal 2 behinds 15 kicks 9 handballs 24 disposals 4 marks 2 tackles 89 dream team points
Judd McVee 4 kicks 7 handballs 11 disposals 2 marks 1 tackle 34 dream team points
Bryce Milford 3 kicks 4 handballs 7 disposals 1 marks 21 dream team points
Andy Moniz-Wakefield 11 kicks 6 handballs 17 disposals marks tackles 61 dream team points
James Munro 2 behinds 12 kicks 11 handballs 23 disposals 5 marks 3 tackles 81 dream team points
Harvey Neocleous 1 behind 5 kicks 1 handballs 6 disposals 2 marks 1 tackles 28 dream team points
Fraser Rosman 8 kicks 3 handballs 11 disposals 6 marks 5 tackles 45 dream team points
Deakyn Smith 3 kicks 3 handballs 6 disposals 1 mark 1 tackle 20 dream team points
Roan Steele 1 goals 5 kicks 1 handball 6 disposals 1 mark 1 tackle 30 dream team points
Adam Tomlinson 10 kicks 4 handballs 14 disposals 5 marks 2 tackles 61 dream team points
Jacob Van Rooyen 1 goal 1 behind 7 kicks 2 handballs 9 disposals 6 marks 2 hit outs 52 dream team points
Mitch White 2 goals 1 behind 12 kicks 3 handballs 15 disposals 5 marks 3 tackles 58 dream team points

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

If we get the Covid 5 back to MFC (LJ,kozzzy,sparrow,petty,Anb) then add 

Hibberd

Weideman

Dunstan 

Bedford 

Melksham 

to Casey team next week (Joel smith depending on severity of his injury)  

Southport full of ex afl, marginal afl and strong suburban type player.  Casey should have their measure but tough game ahead   

Edited by spirit of norm smith
J
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Nascent said:

Is there anyway to make the video fit the full screen? My option is greyed out for some reason, watching via the app on my phone. Bit hard to watch. Landscape mode doesnt change it either.

Have you got screen rotation turned on?

There is a problem with the afl website. I cant watch replays. When you press play nothing happens.

• Sad 1

Re finals: can someone tell me what the rule is with listed players playing for Casey in finals. That is, if a player has played too many games for melb, is he precluded from playing for Casey? There must be a rule dealing with this: can't find it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bystander said:

Re finals: can someone tell me what the rule is with listed players playing for Casey in finals. That is, if a player has played too many games for melb, is he precluded from playing for Casey? There must be a rule dealing with this: can't find it.

pretty sure that if senior team is playing in finals than any player on the list is eligible to play for casey

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Return to Glory said:

I thought Rosman was in everything

Curious as to why. He had 11 possessions? 5tackles was certainly good..

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Curious as to why. He had 11 possessions? 5tackles was certainly good..

i think all the casey possessions each week are on the low side

i imagine only have limited resources counting and poor vision options

total possessions per team are miles behind afl numbers

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

i think all the casey possessions each week are on the low side

i imagine only have limited resources counting and poor vision options

total possessions per team are miles behind afl numbers

I have a feeling that’s right. I watched the stream on the AFL site and surely both Baker and Chandler had more than 16 touches each. 

• Like 1