CHANGES: Rd 07 vs Hawthorn

Demonland

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Huh?

As in if to many players go down you might be needed this week!

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, A F said:

So this is what I'd go with:

In: Chandler, McDonald, Viney, Lever

Out: Pickett, Jackson, Sparrow, Smith

I think they'll go for Bedford over Chandler and Dunstan gets another game.

I wouldn't have Chandler any where  near  it .

Bedford for me

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think they will want to replace like for like so in: Viney, Bedford, Lever, McDonald

Out: Sparrow, Pickett, Smith and Jackson. 

McDonald to do Jacksons role.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sam ARBER said:

What about Majak Daw as second ruckman.

Max can cover their Jnr fella this week and forecast looks likely to be wet & greasy.  Maybe a bit of minor pinch hitting in the middle (and occasionally in the F50) from either Weid and/or Plugger Mac.

The wet weather would be better suited to Macca or Melk coming in.  Daw is no doubt a handy ruck foil and intercept mark a kick behind the play or occasionally resting forward but that's it IMV.  Once the ball hits the deck or is in motion he really struggles and he's a pretty dodgy set shot for goal.

Doubt there's any chance the MC would play him in the wet and we would have to be very low on stocks before he'd be anywhere near the picture for a senior call up under even the finest conditions.  Unless, Lucifer forbid, both Max & Dogga were both out at the same time.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

My hamstrings are shot....

A few jabs of the good stuff will fix that Dazzle.  Rest of the year to recover 😄

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

I think they will want to replace like for like so in: Viney, Bedford, Lever, McDonald

Out: Sparrow, Pickett, Smith and Jackson. 

McDonald to do Jacksons role.

I don't often agree with your selections W but that feels about right ...subject to no further outs!

• Like 2

I still think McEvoy out for the Hawks hurts them more than our outs. Our wet weather footy was pretty good last year, could live with a smaller runner, ground is not going to be heavy it is the G after all, give Bedford a go.

• Like 2

Wow   Just got home from work. 
Big news. 

Outs. Sparrow Jackson Pickett (OHS) Smith 

Ins. Viney Tmcd Bedford Lever 

Viney for Sparrow. McDonald for Jackson. Bedford for Pickett. Lever for Smith. 

likely. 

Hunt May Lever

Bowey Petty Rivers 

Langdon Viney Brayshaw 

Anb Weid Spargo

Bedford Brown Fritsch 

Gawn Trac Oliver

Jordon Harmes Dunstan Tmcd

Medi sub Melksham 

emerg  Tomlinson Chandler Baker 

Danger game this week. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Wow   Just got home from work. 
Big news. 

Outs. Sparrow Jackson Pickett (OHS) Smith 

Ins. Viney Tmcd Bedford Lever 

Viney for Sparrow. McDonald for Jackson. Bedford for Pickett. Lever for Smith. 

likely. 

Hunt May Lever

Bowey Petty Rivers 

Langdon Viney Brayshaw 

Anb Weid Spargo

Bedford Brown Fritsch 

Gawn Trac Oliver

Jordon Harmes Dunstan Tmcd

Medi sub Melksham 

emerg  Tomlinson Chandler Baker 

Danger game this week. 

18 premiership players

• Like 1

I’m excited for Bedford. I think he deserves a shot at it. From all reports he’s doing a lot right.

If the ins are Lever, Viney and Bedford we still need a ruck back up. Weed has been doing a bit at Casey. Let’s hope he steps up. The weather suggests a lot of ground ball so Dunstan might be in his element. 

Opportunities abound for guys keen to prove their worth.

2 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Max can cover their Jnr fella this week and forecast looks likely to be wet & greasy.  Maybe a bit of minor pinch hitting in the middle (and occasionally in the F50) from either Weid and/or Plugger Mac.

The wet weather would be better suited to Macca or Melk coming in.  Daw is no doubt a handy ruck foil and intercept mark a kick behind the play or occasionally resting forward but that's it IMV.  Once the ball hits the deck or is in motion he really struggles and he's a pretty dodgy set shot for goal.

Doubt there's any chance the MC would play him in the wet and we would have to be very low on stocks before he'd be anywhere near the picture for a senior call up under even the finest conditions.  Unless, Lucifer forbid, both Max & Dogga were both out at the same time.

Magic Daw is ready. Let him loose!

And Melk's time is now. Both fit & firing

• Thinking 1

4 hours ago, Sydee said:

Joel Smith made one mistake otherwise he played a good game - May made a similar mistake in the last qtr - pretty tough call to drop him over that 

Jack Riewoldt's poster in the second (?) was a direct result of Smith getting his positioning completely wrong. He did a couple of nice things and a couple of ordinary things. Our defenders these days rarely do ordinary things, so it sticks out.

May's handball was cut off on the wing, which ended up rebounding to Riewoldt. Smith simply handballed under little pressure to Lynch, who turned around and kicked a goal. Not really the same thing IMV. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kent said:

I wouldn't have Chandler any where  near  it .

Bedford for me

I wouldn't have either of them. Bit we do need to bring in a pressure forward and it shouldn't be Melksham.

• Thanks 1

Damn this is really going to test our depth, was going to happen eventually though so bring on the challenge. 

Bedford for Kozzie

Majak for LJ maybe? Or does TMac come in and Weid second rucks?

Viney back for Sparrow

Lever back and Smith makes way

7 hours ago, Olgreybeard49 said:

Well, this is more interesting than the normal ins and outs thread, in a worrying sort of way.

Can I ask if a player has Covid does that mean a longer stint on the sidelines than the normal H&S ?  Also what worries me is the flow on effect plus the fact a player's body would be weakened by this B.....y Covid.

4 minutes ago, David-Demon said:

Can I ask if a player has Covid does that mean a longer stint on the sidelines than the normal H&S ?  Also what worries me is the flow on effect plus the fact a player's body would be weakened by this B.....y Covid.

it all depends how covid affects them

many get no symptoms or mild symptoms for 24 hours

so......"it depends"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveyJones'sLocker said:

Would love to see a surprise selection… a chance to give woewodin a go?

Taj went off injured late in the game with a head knock and it wasn't his best game.

• Like 1