Potential Father Son Prospect Noah Yze

On 08/07/2024 at 20:42, Whispering_Jack said:

I went to the Mornington races a few months after TJ was drafted and he was deep inside the betting ring. The kid was 17 years old. I started having misgivings about him then and there but he still turned out a very, very good player. Could he have been a great if he had his head in the “right” place all of the time? I’m not sure because that was TJ - a bit of a larrikan who could never be tamed.

Talent to burn ... with a thrill-seeker's outlook ... there was more to him than mere football, I guess. A man of diversified interests?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dee-licious said:

Played well. Not disssimilar to how Brown went last year. Stuck to his role, did the team thing. His running impressed me and so did his tackling. I would have liked to have seen him kick the sealer instead of pass it off to Billings, but showed great aweness. Went too hard at times to give away some free kicks, but seemed a little better than the Casey listed players debuts I remember. I can see us rooking him, but not national draft. And probably think a Fritch or Jefferson level of development. Would need a couple of years. 

Good summary 

I’d like to see home play for Casey a few more times as I think his output will improve with more game time at that level and a better understanding of his teammates and game plan

Looks physically up to it which is quite impressive for a lad of that age 

• Like 2

JT is on record as saying that they like his attitude and power. Hopefully he can play a couple more games with Casey to show some other skills.

I think he is relatively underexposed which is odd given his heritage. He used to tell people he liked soccer more than AFL which is not unusual for sons of guns. I went to school with Kevin Bartlett’s kid and he always said that he barracked for Brisbane and preferred tennis and cricket to AFL.

• Haha 1

I think it bodes well for his f/s draft chances if he's been given a run at Casey. If I can recall, we gave Kynan Brown a few weeks in the reserves last year as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

caveat this that i watched the casey game via the stream...

• good size
  • good running patterns
  • good positioning to impact the play
  • excellent defensive intent and tackling
    • technique / aggressiveness needs refinement
  • hard to judge skills with minimal possessions, but game awareness to make smart decisions seemed to be there

lots to like, can definitely see him in #29 next year as a dees player

• Like 3
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, Demon Jack said:

I think it bodes well for his f/s draft chances if he's been given a run at Casey. If I can recall, we gave Kynan Brown a few weeks in the reserves last year as well.

Does that mean Kalani White is available for VFL games next year? I gather he's more likely to play with GCS VFL team given he's up there, but interested to know if he has a choice

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

caveat this that i watched the casey game via the stream...

• good size
  • good running patterns
  • good positioning to impact the play
  • excellent defensive intent and tackling
    • technique / aggressiveness needs refinement
  • hard to judge skills with minimal possessions, but game awareness to make smart decisions seemed to be there

lots to like, can definitely see him in #29 next year as a dees player

He seemed to be really running hard. Like you, I think he's a keeper.
How good would it be to have Viney, Brown, Woewoden, Yze and White all in the same team?

• Like 3
  • Love 7

• 4 weeks later...

From a Herald Sun online report on an APS v AGS game played at Caulfield Grammar School featuring a number of high profile potential players including 

“Noah Yze (Caulfield)

Yze imposed himself on the contest in the first quarter with three marks that set up two goals.

One was an intercept mark that led to a goal assist to teammate Charlie Rowe and another saw him slot through a major for himself from range. The 190cm Yze is linked to Melbourne through his father Adem, and has already played two games at VFL level, kicking a goal in one of those and laying seven tackles.”

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 1

Round 14 Coates, Oakleigh Chargers , Round 14, 2024

Scouting Notes: 2024 Coates Talent League - Round 14 - Aussie Rules Rookie Me Central

Noah has improved as the season has progressed leading to a couple of games at Casey where he did well. 

We will pick him up for sure. He looks like he will adapt to a strong defensive forward role like ANB. 7 tackles in his 2nd game at Casey. Lets hope he slips through.

#15 Noah Yze
Defender/Midfielder | 190cm | 12/04/2006

Stats: 23 disposals, 4 tackles, 6 inside 50s

A prospect of intrigue to Melbourne fans as a father-son this year, Yze produced arguably his best game to date. The versatile 190cm prospect started in defence and was then thrown into midfield as a good size matchup for the likes of Josh Smillie and Oliver Greeves. His strength was evident when tackling, while also absorbing contact well and looking quite comfortable in the clinches. Overall, he performed solidly in both roles and held his own against handy opposition.

• Thanks 3
  • Love 2

A big bodied midfielder we can build a midfield around if he gets enough of the ball  190cm at 17yrs will probably increase as well.   Will be interesting to see what his running capacity is in agility and time trial.

Edited by stinga

On 03/10/2022 at 12:26, dazzledavey36 said:

Damien Yze. 

Depends who you talk to, some will say he was 10 times better player then Adem. Witnessed first hand when he kicked I think 18 for Ardmona.

Every where Damien played it was guaranteed he would kick 100 in a season.

One of the biggest freaks I've seen alongside a bloke called Saad Saad.

Used to watch him at northcote park. He was a freak.

3 minutes ago, Dee-licious said:

Stats aren’t out yet for today, but Ah-Mu kicked 3.1 yesterday. Boding well for 2025 

I'm hearing that Riak Andrew is mounting a good case for potential rookie list spot with some of his recent performances. 

Still a fair bit to in terms of list management decisions etc.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I'm hearing that Riak Andrew is mounting a good case for potential rookie list spot with some of his recent performances. 

Have we notified Mac of this? Just hold off on signing a contract please Big Mac

8 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Good to hear. Couldn’t have worked harder. He’s going to be a role player, but I’d love to see him on a list. 

the other one I’ve heard a lot about is Ricky Mentha. Apparently just a great kid. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dee-licious said:

Good to hear. Couldn’t have worked harder. He’s going to be a role player, but I’d love to see him on a list. 

the other one I’ve heard a lot about is Ricky Mentha. Apparently just a great kid. 

Riak has had to overcome some real adversity with his injuries over the past few years.

He's finally had a good run of games late and has showcased hos raw potential talent.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Riak has had to overcome some real adversity with his injuries over the past few years.

He's finally had a good run of games late and has showcased hos raw potential talent.

Is he available as an academy selection or was he last year’s draft so rule doesn’t apply?

20 hours ago, von said:

Used to watch him at northcote park. He was a freak.

Saad Saad wasn't bad at all either.

I had a video file of one of his speccies from around 2005 playing for Seymour on my hard drive about 3 PCs ago. Wouldn't mind seeing it again.