CHANGES: Rd 02 vs Gold Coast

Demonland

6 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Looked like Ooze telling the boys he had finally been asked to appear on "Gus and Gawny".

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Demonland said:

"Flag hero"?

I don't like sportspeople being called "heroes" at the best of times. It's a word more befitting people in the Ukraine and those who put their lives at risk to save others, such as firefighters. But even if it's to be ascribed to footballers, why, exactly, is Rivers a "flag hero"? To answer my own question, by that standard every Premiership player is a hero. Really?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

"Flag hero"?

I don't like sportspeople being called "heroes" at the best of times. It's a word more befitting people in the Ukraine and those who put their lives at risk to save others, such as firefighters. But even if it's to be ascribed to footballers, why, exactly, is Rivers a "flag hero"? To answer my own question, by that standard every Premiership player is a hero. Really?

slow day, ldvc?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

"Flag hero"?

Broadly agree but I think we can carve out an exception for the mighty Melbourne Football Club.

• Haha 1

Joel Smith looks like he has a very sore hand based on the footage from training - not sure he will be a starter 

Wow he sure can find an injury - hopefully he's ok as it would be great to get some consecutive  games under his belt to see what he can deliver 

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

"Flag hero"?

Kind of similar to the media referring to every second player in the league as a star.

Trac, Salem, Oliver, Viney, Jackson were flag heroes as they had a direct influence   on the win, whether it be to get us off to a solid start, leading the charge in that dramatic 3rd qtr turnaround or dominating through the entire game.

I would not label Rivers a GF hero and I don’t recall him having a particularly great game.

4 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

"Flag hero"?

Yes they are and after 57 years fully deserve to be. It's relative to the achievement and I understand hero has an expectation of life and death associated with it.

Often may have to receive a badge or commendation perhaps. Yes a medal I dare say. ( or two!)

I have loved all the adjectives such as "flag hero"  "Drought breaking premiership"  "57 year long wait"  and the no longer "long suffering supporter/s".

Its all part of sports folklore as the words repeat back to back or successive are this season!! 

Go Dees !! 

5 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

"Flag hero"?

Played a great first quarter 

After 57 years of crap, you bet he is a hero…

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Kind of similar to the media referring to every second player in the league as a star.

Trac, Salem, Oliver, Viney, Jackson were flag heroes as they had a direct influence   on the win, whether it be to get us off to a solid start, leading the charge in that dramatic 3rd qtr turnaround or dominating through the entire game.

I would not label Rivers a GF hero and I don’t recall him having a particularly great game.

He was perfectly fine?

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

What about Gus and Fritsch BBP? And May playing with one leg. Debate the label but all did their part.

Edited by Dee Zephyr

Daisy makes a point in the GF around the time Bont put them 19 points up, Rivers had been great all game. I think Ive memorised the whole game.

If its going to be wet I would give serious thought to playing Dunstan for an extra strong body around the stoppages and also to rotate the midfield a bit more on the strength of it. If Smith is doubtful you would keep Bedford as medical sub and then bring in Dunstan, And if Rivers is fit then I would play both Rivers and Dunstan and relegate Bedford perhaps.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Well after 6 months of fame BBP you have made one of the most ungrateful and unsportsmanlike comments about about 3/4 of our team not being heroes in our magnificent drought breaking flag.

Despite your churlishness that is not what 99.9% of Dees fans (you may in fact be the only one) thank goodness have celebrated the 2021 Flag.

In fact the 23 on the day plus all players who played from ONE game up and indeed were in our list of 44 for  the year deserve recognition for the success.

There had to be a Norm Smith medallist and our Top5 were all amazing but the rest including Jacko Riv  and Kossie and JJ all played their team role and greatly contributed. Go back and watch the game and see that EVERY DEMON played his heart out for US yes loyal fans but also for the 300,000 plus other Demon supporters throughout the world  who have lived and breathed for that day.

Boy you can ruin a party and not be appreciative of hours and days and months of training and dedication to go to the top of the mountain. You have  just left a party of about 17 at base camp because they weren't adjudged in the top 5 or 6 on the day.

Glad  that there are so many more balanced and understanding people in life and sport who recognise true greatness when it is right in front of them. That is TEAM SPORT BBP and  your namesake was a great example of that I am surprised you didn't go for a Band F winner instead! 

Maybe an apology would  be appropriate to about  17 - 35- 44 Flag Heroes you have just dismissed and devalued by the flick of your finger! 

6 hours ago, Sydee said:

Joel Smith looks like he has a very sore hand based on the footage from training - not sure he will be a starter 

Wow he sure can find an injury - hopefully he's ok as it would be great to get some consecutive  games under his belt to see what he can deliver 

Thanks for the tip Sydee.Anu 

14 minutes ago, 58er said:

Well after 6 months of fame BBP you have made one of the most ungrateful and unsportsmanlike comments about about 3/4 of our team not being heroes in our magnificent drought breaking flag.

Despite your churlishness that is not what 99.9% of Dees fans (you may in fact be the only one) thank goodness have celebrated the 2021 Flag.

In fact the 23 on the day plus all players who played from ONE game up and indeed were in our list of 44 for  the year deserve recognition for the success.

There had to be a Norm Smith medallist and our Top5 were all amazing but the rest including Jacko Riv  and Kossie and JJ all played their team role and greatly contributed. Go back and watch the game and see that EVERY DEMON played his heart out for US yes loyal fans but also for the 300,000 plus other Demon supporters throughout the world  who have lived and breathed for that day.

Boy you can ruin a party and not be appreciative of hours and days and months of training and dedication to go to the top of the mountain. You have  just left a party of about 17 at base camp because they weren't adjudged in the top 5 or 6 on the day.

Glad  that there are so many more balanced and understanding people in life and sport who recognise true greatness when it is right in front of them. That is TEAM SPORT BBP and  your namesake was a great example of that I am surprised you didn't go for a Band F winner instead! 

Maybe an apology would  be appropriate to about  17 - 35- 44 Flag Heroes you have just dismissed and devalued by the flick of your finger! 

Wow. I'm glad I took the safer option of dissing the use of the word "hero" for any footballer rather than try to decide who was and who wasn't a hero in the GF. I hope BBP has some thicker skin than me. I might not have survived such an excoriating attack!