POSTGAME: GRAND FINAL vs Western Bulldogs

Demonland

3 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Yep, that was the moment 🏆

Clarry's goal was the sealer, everything else was simply icing on the cake ❤💙

Nibbler for me. 
At three quarter time I thought the Dogs can still go on a run here. They kicked 6 on the trot and they can do it again. And I thought they’d come out firing. 
Nibbler put it beyond them. 

• Like 4

That footage of the 3rd quarter centre clearances they just showed On The Couch is proof of the value of belief in a system. The Bulldogs set up properly, but didn’t maintain their structure enough. They all got drawn to the ball too easily. You could argue they were trying to do it individually instead of trusting the team.

Sound familiar Demons fans? That was our problem for all of 19-20.

Absolute credit to the players and the coaching staff. Belief and buy in.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, one_demon said:

Today, the joy and disbelief has morphed into simple satisfaction.

I’ve never felt so content with life.

I pity those who think that its just a game. No……………..it’s the only game, and we are the reigning premiers! The champions until champions no more.

p.s - [censored] i love the current video of the week

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, hardtack said:

Every time I watch the replay (5 times so far) only one question springs to mind… what did Max say to Fritta after he kicked his 6th goal? 

Am I the only one?

..."That's Some Forward Craft Fritta Boy!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

Huddo's call of Olivers 3rd Q goal is spine tingling. Not for clever wordplay, but for just being a primal scream of Oliveeeeeeeeer with his voice wobbling/breaking

I'd make it my ringtone, but I don't want to have any accidents in public.

Totally - Huddo is my favourite caller, along with Gerard Whateley - their call of those three goals was just awesome.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DubDee said:

Has a team ever won the flag having not made the finals the last 2 years?

As far as I could see, the last team to do it was Adelaide winning in 1997, after missing the 8 in ‘96 and ‘95.  
However, they didn’t have the dominant season that we have had.

This game had it all. The belief we could win in the 1st, the loss of momentum in the 2nd and getting well behind in the 3rd before battering them - I’m still in shock.

Wasnt until Langdon slotted his goal from the boundary which put us up by 48 that I knew we had done it. 

The blitzkrieg of the 3rd and 4th went by so quickly and I was on the phone to my Mum who was at the game in Perth (haven’t seen her in nearly 2 years). No tears but complete and utter contentment and pride of my footy club.

Can’t wait to celebrate with all the boys, Demonlanders and all Melbourne supporters at the MCG when we can cheer them on and hear Goody make a speech 😛.

All I ever wanted trudging home from belting after belting as a young boy was to go home and watch a Grand Final on replay (in full and colour) - I’ve got what I wanted and I’m so grateful to have it.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

More random comments after watching the replay ... yet again.

Quite of few of the early goals were the result of errors .... by Bailey Williams (x2), Lever and Petty.

Fritsch's goal after he grabbed the ball after he and Max contested the mark was brilliant. He landed like a cat, kept his feet and then snapped truly. (I would love to say he was "off to the races" but that wasn't really applicable.)

Johanisson had both hands in Bowey's back before taking his big mark. Put Bowey right out of the contest. Could easily have been a free kick. 

I think we at least broke even with the umpiring. Some dodgy decisions against us ... Hunter (dog), Macrae free kicks weren't there - ducking. Spargo and Kozzy unlucky not to be paid free kicks. However Schache was unlucky not to get one in Q3, and BBB's free kick in Q4 was pretty soft. 

The less said about Max's goal (credited as a point) the better.

Still, none of it matters at all now !!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thought I might post this from 2019 document 

https://resources.melbournefc.com.au/aflc-melb/document/2020/02/17/c3ff8ef1-5953-4576-adca-d6e5ead3d156/MFC_Strategic-Plan_Web.pdf

As this was Precovid think we can give a bit of slack  on some of these .

However the biggest tick ever is 1b winning the flag

Some of the other wishes like 75k members and 50k ave home game are likely to happen as result of Saturday

tick to eliminating Debt with selling bentleigh club

Well done Board  Club and team

sp.thumb.jpg.c2df536498522e01b05b32c5ba2be9bb.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Trying to work out what part of the city that is?

QV and State Library...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, A F said:

Seeing my sister yesterday, we both said it was anti climatic. Quite incredible really, given we've dreamed of this for so long. I felt strangely hollow after it.

Hopefully we’ll make next years GF a bit closer just to get the old ticker pumping and sphincter puckering. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ethan Tremblay said:

Hopefully we’ll make next years GF a bit closer just to get the old ticker pumping and sphincter pucking. 

Speak for yourself. Quite happy to watch the Dees slamming through goals in a cakewalk myself... 😉

• Like 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Satan said:

Thought I might post this from 2019 document 

https://resources.melbournefc.com.au/aflc-melb/document/2020/02/17/c3ff8ef1-5953-4576-adca-d6e5ead3d156/MFC_Strategic-Plan_Web.pdf

As this was Precovid think we can give a bit of slack  on some of these .

However the biggest tick ever is 1b winning the flag

Some of the other wishes like 75k members and 50k ave home game are likely to happen as result of Saturday

tick to eliminating Debt with selling bentleigh club

Well done Board  Club and team

sp.thumb.jpg.c2df536498522e01b05b32c5ba2be9bb.jpg

They’ll do all that. Wow.

7 hours ago, Young Blood said:

Does anyone know if theres a chance someone uploads a replay with different commentary? I really want to watch sans BT's over the top drama.

Any angels out there willing to sink up a SEN or 774 call to the game?

Apologies if this has already be queried 

Totally agree. It was the parting present of the Norm Smith curse that we had bloody BT commentate the closing minutes. And when he tried to invoke Robbie Flower, my head nearly exploded. How dare he!

54 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

When Clarrie kicked that goal I knew we were home (and so did he).

Loved how they engaged with the fans in the left pocket. They were telling us to come with them ❤️

The replay of this goal, which was not shown during the free-to-air (I was screaming out our front door into our desolate street of our non-afl following neighbourhood anyway) shows Clazza scanning the fans in that pocket in slow-mo as if to say 'this is all for you'.

Being my fav player, watching replay, I read as 'all for you, Monocology' as opposed to for all of us - and naturally burst into tears.

Edited by Monocology
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2