FINALS: QF vs Brisbane

titan_uranus

18 hours ago, Deemania since 56 said:

I just wish Tecketek were out of the scene. Always had problems with them, no matter what the attraction that we wished to attend. interestingly, with football, Ticketek are very pricey. Ticket-vending is not a difficult task to perform - but so often with this company the pendulum of good fortune jambs and they become unco-operative and twice removed from what you might want to purchase, in one way or another. I would love to see ticketing/game entry back in the hands of the Club, whose services were quick, desirable, value for members, assured and on-time. 

The only tickets worth buying here in Adelaide for the Dees' game against Fitz-Briz start at $96 (each) with no mention of MFC membership claims - no an ability to cite your MFC membership details. It became such a brick wall dealing with $Techa-Tic-Toc that we both gave up trying and have resigned  to watch the TV telecast instead - at least $192 will go to a good cause at the bottle shop because it will be a champagne event no matter which side of the sore cheek you sit upon. Carna Dees!

Ring the Club in Melbourne and they will talk you through the process. Dont give up going as we need as many supporters there as possible. Good Luck.

49 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Love this

To all our SA Demonland posters/readers, please get to the game and cheer for all of us stuck in Victoria in lockdown who can't even enjoy the game with our family or friends, let alone with the rest of the Demon family at the ground.

We have lost the massive home ground advantage reserved for the minor premiers. Lets make Adelaide Oval feel like a home ground instead! 

• Like 5

If tickets are starting at $100 then we're going to get a bush league number crowd tomorrow night.

That is disgracefully expensive. What neutral fan is going to turn up at that price?

I hope to eat humble pie and we get 15K tomorrow night, but I expect there to be only about 4 or 5K.

8 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

If tickets are starting at $100 then we're going to get a bush league number crowd tomorrow night.

That is disgracefully expensive. What neutral fan is going to turn up at that price?

That price can't be right.

20 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I checked Ticketek website - can't get it lower than $100.

It's usually about $70 for Adelaide Crows home games so not really a surprise.

I think finals tickets for this week started at $35.  Maybe those low priced ones are sold out and all that is left are the more expensive ones.  Could be wrong.

I paid $79 adult and $59 concession + booking fee $6.60 in row A of the upper deck, 2nd highest priced category. The highest priced were $99 adult + booking fee $6.60. Go Dees

Edited by SA_Demon
Grammar error

I just looked to select category 4, still cheaper tickets available.  Whole family can get in for less the a $100.

I actually think pricing was pretty good, got my family in for less than a home and away game last year.

I think this is their idea of a staggered entry , one for hospitality guests and one for general punters. Why make it so confusing?

E24A1AE0-CE1F-4FCD-88CF-455B260BBD01.png

This could just be my MFCSS acting up but I was thinking about the correlation between playing teams in finals and the home and away season. 

In 2018, we lost to hawthorn once and geelong twice but beat them both in finals, we beat the eagles in the home and away season but then lost to them in finals. 

I also remember seeing something about how Richmond during their finals runs rarely if ever lost to the same team twice, if they came up against a team they had lost to in the regular season, they nearly always beat them in the finals. 

Is there anything in this? is it purely a coincidence about when you win against or lose to a team?

(Just for context, I'd obviously rather be going into finals with a good record against the top 8 than not, just interested if any other dlanders have a thought on the above) 

15 minutes ago, Tom Dyson said:

This could just be my MFCSS acting up but I was thinking about the correlation between playing teams in finals and the home and away season. 

In 2018, we lost to hawthorn once and geelong twice but beat them both in finals, we beat the eagles in the home and away season but then lost to them in finals. 

I also remember seeing something about how Richmond during their finals runs rarely if ever lost to the same team twice, if they came up against a team they had lost to in the regular season, they nearly always beat them in the finals. 

Is there anything in this? is it purely a coincidence about when you win against or lose to a team?

(Just for context, I'd obviously rather be going into finals with a good record against the top 8 than not, just interested if any other dlanders have a thought on the above) 

Nah don't buy it. Brisbane & Geelong have been consistent chokers the last couple years in finals. None of our competitors have a Richmond-esque upside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

Man I’m already a mixture of pumped and frequent visits to the dunny

Long day coming up tomorrow. 

might tell the kids to sleep in. 🤔

I’m super nervous for this game more so than any final in 2018. In 2018 I was just happy we made the finals and winning two was just an absolute bonus. This time, we have genuine expectations on us to win the flag, so not winning it would be considered a choke by some.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

I’m super nervous for this game more so than any final in 2018. In 2018 I was just happy we made the finals and winning two was just an absolute bonus. This time, we have genuine expectations on us to win the flag, so not winning it would be considered a choke by some.

I don’t think a loss would be considered a choke. I have concerns that we have a few players without finals experience. I just hope like hell that they are over the euphoria of last week.