Finals 2021

Demonland

I'm just so pumped for September. How great is it being the team who is already a lock for top 4. 

Doggies would be sweating bullets all week, a loss next week and there is a high chance they drop out of the top 4. It's normally us who had the deal with that pressure. 

But I'm sure the dogs will be fine once Dunkley, Keith and trealor are back..... oh wait 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Northern Summer said:

Unless we lose to Adelaide tomorrow, today's results have basically meant there won't be repeat games from Round 23 into the 1st week of the finals. Presuming we win against Adelaide tomorrow:

• If we beat Geelong: (a) we finish 1st and play either the Bulldogs or Lions if Port beat the Bulldogs; or (b) we finish 1st and play Port if the Bulldogs beat Port.
  • If we lose to Geelong: (a) we finish 2nd if the Bulldogs beat Port, and we play the Bulldogs; or (b) we finish 3rd if Port beat the Bulldogs, and we play Port in Adelaide.

11 hours ago, Northern Summer said:

Impossible to play Geelong in the 1st week of the finals if we win tomorrow... see my post above.

This may not have taken Port's smashing of Carlton in to account. But if we beat Adelaide, lose to Geelong by not much and port beat dogs by enough, we can absolutely play Geelong first week. Port finish first, cats 2nd, us third and dogs or Lions 4th

21 minutes ago, GCDee said:

I'm just so pumped for September. How great is it being the team who is already a lock for top 4. 

Doggies would be sweating bullets all week, a loss next week and there is a high chance they drop out of the top 4. It's normally us who had the deal with that pressure. 

But I'm sure the dogs will be fine once Dunkley, Keith and trealor are back..... oh wait 😂

Permanent anxiety now that I have expectations of 'my' team. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Geelong have the option of hosting GHMBA stadium finals because of no crowds at the MCG,  then surely we’re better off playing Port in Adelaide than Geelong in Geelong.

To my mind Geelong’s home ground advantage is more pronounced than Port’s regardless of crowds, and therefore more difficult to beat.

Don't really mind who we play, think we can beat them all depending on where we play. Don't want to play at Adelaide or Geelong, would actually prefer to play the Dogs at Marvel , think we defend the ground better than at the G

By the way, how did Port Adelaide get the chance to be hosting a home final, must have had the easiest draw by far..

On 8/13/2021 at 12:03 PM, hardtack said:

I've just emailed the MFC with regards to the GF Guarantee.  They were nice enough to carry last year's GFG over to this year, but now I'm a bit concerned that they might no be so forthcoming this year, and with Sydney pretty much odds on to still be in lockdown and Sydney-siders rightly unwelcome anywhere outside of Sydney, and if Melbourne do make it to the big dance, there is zero chance we will be able to avail ourselves of the GFG again this year.

@hardtack we're in NSW as well so we're screwed.

I'd like the club to manage GFG re-allocation of tickets should we make it and it's in Perth or Adelaide.

I want as many true demons fans at the game as possible. It think it's really important. We can do it individually via demonland but it would be nice for the club to manage it and ensure as many supporters as possible show up for us.

Otherwise, the AFL will use the unused allocation to make money.

We could even do a donation system with Reach as well perhaps.

I'll write to the club as well.

What do others think?

P.s. I'm still considering stowing away on a Perth bound semi or hiring a demonland super Yacht and sneaking over.

What's the great Southern Ocean like this time of year?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, loges said:

By the way, how did Port Adelaide get the chance to be hosting a home final, must have had the easiest draw by far..

Bulldogs lost two winnable games:  Essendon and Hawks so it opened the door for Port to go top 2. 

But Port aren't there yet.  If we beat the Crows, their top 2 chance is all but gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

@hardtack we're in NSW as well so we're screwed.

I'd like the club to manage GFG re-allocation of tickets should we make it and it's in Perth or Adelaide.

I want as many true demons fans at the game as possible. It think it's really important. We can do it individually via demonland but it would be nice for the club to manage it and ensure as many supporters as possible show up for us.

Otherwise, the AFL will use the unused allocation to make money.

We could even do a donation system with Reach as well perhaps.

I'll write to the club as well.

What do others think?

P.s. I'm still considering stowing away on a Perth bound semi or hiring a demonland super Yacht and sneaking over.

What's the great Southern Ocean like this time of year?

I'm a GFG holder here in Melbourne. If it's in SA I will definitely make the trip. 

It may all be moot though with the way the covid numbers are heading in ViC,  we simply won't be allowed in any other State. 

5 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Bulldogs lost two winnable games:  Essendon and Hawks so it opened the door for Port to go top 2. 

But Port aren't there yet.  If we beat the Crows, their top 2 chance is all but gone.

They'll finish top 2 regardless of any other result if they beat Dogs next week . 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Not really. If we then lose to Geelong and they beat the Bulldogs. Then they finish 2nd and we finish 3rd. 

if they smash the Bulldogs and we just lose to Geelong they could even finish 1st. 

17 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Old Trafford yesterday. 

image.png

There were 32,000 cases in the UK yesterday. 

Our summer could be similar if our risk appetite changes but I believe the EPL has vaccination/negative test proof as means of entry.

The loud ‘freedom rider’ idiots will not like that…

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Not really. If we then lose to Geelong and they beat the Bulldogs. Then they finish 2nd and we finish 3rd. 

if they smash the Bulldogs and we just lose to Geelong they could even finish 1st. 

They've just got to best Port. Us winning or losing either of our matches becomes irrelevant if they beat Port, they'll be top 2 with home final 

13 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Bulldogs will beat Port. 

Have rated dogs all year but I watched last qtr and a half against Hawks and they looked like miles off, no structure and a lot of 2nd guessing. 

Port are a chance. And I haven't rated them all year.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

If dogs play like the last 2 weeks, next week, then Port will beat them easily. 

but surely dogs will wake up from their slump next week? 

4 minutes ago, willmoy said:

My 40 plus year old son.... they couldn't engineer who they want us to play, could they?

It is us who can engineer who we want to play, as we'll know the Friday night result ahead of us playing on Saturday night.  If it suits us to lose against Geelong in order to meet or not meet a team in a qualifying final, that option would be open to us.  I'm not suggesting it's something we should do.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1

22 minutes ago, Copuchas said:

It is us who can engineer who we want to play, as we'll know the Friday night result ahead of us playing on Saturday night.  If it suits us to lose against Geelong in order to meet or not meet a team in a qualifying final, that option would be open to us.  I'm not suggesting it's something we should do.

As I posted early play both games at same time, memories of 87 last round