POSTGAME: Rd 17 vs Port Adelaide

Demonland

According to FF first time in 15 or so weeks Kozzie has been able to get over to Adelaide and see his family because of lockdowns and other things. Hope he can spend some time there with the early match this week and keep playing like that.

Something made a difference....uncle Byron watching on as well.

• Like 12

40 minutes ago, Soidee said:

Against all odds, I eat humble pie.  Well done to the group and club.  Awesome win.

Phew. What a relief!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wadda We Sing said:

I think that lady on the left is telling Trac to hurry up and run back to the center so you can kick another....

Apparently a Demon supporter sitting near that overheard Tracc asking her...

"What's your I.Q. mate !??"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, deespicable me said:

Sounds nasty. Excuse my ignorance but whats IBS?  Is it catchy? I've had one shot of the vaccine.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Craigs lactose intolerant but drinks loads of iced coffees. 

Good game by the way. Those Port fans sure are feral. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

I'm also very happy to eat humble pie. I knew from the first 5 mins that we 'came to play'. I thought the goal on half time was going to bury us and change the momentum and it largely did in the 3rd quarter as they got back to within 7 point but we steadied and kicked 2 and that was pleasing. 

Still very poor goal kicking because we kicked about 4 goals from the goal square but we get a week to focus on it, AGAIN. 

Now please, good lord, please bring this pressure against the bottom 8 teams.

Yep, we bring that pressure against lower sides and we might start seeing a few demolitions.

• Like 1

Kozzie is so good to watch when he’s on. Good team game, Rivers played his part and made some good decisions but I think he’s starting to slow down a bit. I might reading him wrong though and happy to be corrected. 

Edited by Ethan Trembley
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, A F said:

Also, wtf was Hinkley doing with Aliir? Firstly, he starts his best interceptor on Ben Brown. That's a win for Melbourne as they lose his intercepting. Then he moves Aliir forward...? Mind blowingly poor coaching.

Oh and then he even had him in the ruck. Maybe we should try Lever in the ruck... ?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Anyone who can’t see what Brown did for us tonight is not watching hard enough. He drew defenders in a contest, he brought ball to ground. He gave Tmac Fritta and Jacko opportunities to play one on one and on the lead. 
Opposition defenders worry about Brown. He’s a big unit. You don’t just forget he’s there. He command respect and a good solid opponent. It’s little wonder Tmac had one of his best games of the year tonight. He finally wasn’t being breathed on by 6 defenders! 

Our midfield was absolutely outstanding tonight. Gawn back to his best. 

Tonight proved to me that when we are switched on, and when we can bring our signature pressure, we can beat anyone. 

Edit: if anything ever happens to Steven May we are royally [censored]. 

Those key back stocks are looking pretty thin for sure.

1 minute ago, Ethan Trembley said:

Kozzie is so good to watch when he’s on. Good team game, Rivers played his part and made some good decisions but I think he’s starting to slow down a bit. I might reading him wrong though and happy to be corrected. 

I'd like to see him get rested and allow Bowey to get rewarded for his good form.

• Like 1

Ben Brown was a success tonight and didn’t have to kick a single goal to help us win. Straightened us right up and provided a target. Brought it to ground, followed up at ground level, hit up targets inside 50. He must stay in the side. When TMac has an off week, Brown is the one that can step up and hit the scoreboard 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

38 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Anyone who can’t see what Brown did for us tonight is not watching hard enough. He drew defenders in a contest, he brought ball to ground. He gave Tmac Fritta and Jacko opportunities to play one on one and on the lead. 
Opposition defenders worry about Brown. He’s a big unit. You don’t just forget he’s there. He command respect and a good solid opponent. It’s little wonder Tmac had one of his best games of the year tonight. He finally wasn’t being breathed on by 6 defenders! 

Our midfield was absolutely outstanding tonight. Gawn back to his best. 

Tonight proved to me that when we are switched on, and when we can bring our signature pressure, we can beat anyone. 

Edit: if anything ever happens to Steven May we are royally [censored]. 

Not to mention his importance in presenting on the wing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deestroy All said:

Imagine if Goodwin played Lever down back for 4 minutes, then in the ruck, then tagging a defender then on the bench then in the ruck again for no reason at all. 

Haha, you beat me to this mate. Bizarre coaching.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, A F said:

We clearly set ourselves for this game, didn't we? JJ back up to 75% too, and this week it was time for Rivers, Spargo and Jackson to play limited minutes.

JJ earnt the number 2 wing spot, especially after Gus' ordinary performance against the Giants. 

The move of Brayshaw to the high half forward role and playing as the extra on baller at stoppages then even switching with Petracca was a very good decision. That's a better role for Gus than the wing against a fast running side like the Power. 

• Like 2

How good was the second quarter? Relentless physical pressure. Running and supporting in numbers. We genuinely have some tough hombros playing in this side. The four goals were all elite to complement this toughness. 

Edited by dee-tox
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Buzzy said:

You don't know that.  To me it looked exactly the same as the last couple of games he played for us.  Couldn't time his runs to the drop zone, couldn't get separation due to pace, flailed around a bit with one arm up and failed to bring it to ground as much as he should.  No goals.

Not the worst but really no better than Weideman's average game return, but people will see what they want to see.

You must have been watching a different game. Had separation on a number of occasions and balls were kicked high and not to his advantage. Even when this occurred, on a couple occasions, he was able to double back and make a contest. At ground level he was terrific, leading his man to the ball and then doubling back towards goal to collect the footy. The connection with teammates will come from playing more games. He also allows others to jump a the ball and plays a team game, often as the the 2nd or 3rd string in a pack marking situation, protecting the space. He is going nowhere.

side note - I’ve been critical of Petty at times, but he was wonderful tonight and showed everyone why the coaches like him.

• Like 3

What a night to start off with, bumped into Uncle Byron before the game drapped in red and blue wished his nephew good luck what a blessing in disguise, knew it was a good omen.

Nearly got chucked out for fighting fire with fire with the Powa sooks, T-shirt Tommy what a player let the Powa know how good he was on the night, couldn't handle it the truth its hurts knowing they can't beat anyone in the 8.

Amazing night to be amongst the Deefaithful a night to be remembered, had the locals at the queens head pub wanting to know more about the Melbourne story.

A night to remember, long live the Dees.

Edited by Win4theAges
  • Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Ben Brown was a success tonight and didn’t have to kick a single goal to help us win. Straightened us right up and provided a target. Brought it to ground, followed up at ground level, hit up targets inside 50. He must stay in the side. When TMac has an off week, Brown is the one that can step up and hit the scoreboard 

Trust me when i say the extra tall presents in the forward line opened up the rest of the game up and what do you know kosi kicks 3 because he knows where the balls going to drop. 

BBB lives gave a contest at every occasion tonight. Tmac as CHF (higher up) genius everything was like clock work tonight just as i imagined in tandem with BBB. @Lord Nev

Petty, Tmac, Trac take a bow.

Edited by Win4theAges
  • Like 2