CASEY: Rd 03 vs North Melbourne

Diamond_Jim

On 4/27/2021 at 2:10 PM, poita said:

Who comes up with this appalling schedule?

Bad luck if you're a Casey listed player who works full time, then needs to play a game of football in the middle of the working week.

Bad luck if Melbourne loses a few players at training on Friday and possible replacements have already played on Thursday.

What's wrong with having the game on Sunday?

And why on earth would you play it at Marvel - it must cost a fortune to open the ground for a few hundred people to turn up.

In answer to your question who comes up with this appalling schedule...

See the source image

• Haha 2

On SEN this morning they indicated that having both Jones and Melksham named wasn't a guarantee they were playing (even though Jones was named on the field in the squad). 

Apparently the side is formally set around 3pm this arvo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, demonstone said:

Casey would have had to "start" around Christmas time to give birth in late September.

So your quality control on spelling is not limited to player’s names then!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

In answer to your question who comes up with this appalling schedule...

See the source image

The resulting Media contract pays fir the Thursday and weekend TV firm Ch 7 and Foxtel. 
it's a million rupees less than the AFL Start of Round game and plugs a gap on Thursday to at least give AFL viewers a choice rather than a Rugby experience! 

12 hours ago, hardtack said:

I’m guessing it’s Melksham to make way for Ben Brown, and Jones will now be managed to get him through the season and hopefully into the big dance. Will be interesting to see who replaces Jones (Sparrow or Chandler?).

Harmesy?

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 2:10 PM, poita said:

Who comes up with this appalling schedule?

Bad luck if you're a Casey listed player who works full time, then needs to play a game of football in the middle of the working week.

Bad luck if Melbourne loses a few players at training on Friday and possible replacements have already played on Thursday.

What's wrong with having the game on Sunday?

And why on earth would you play it at Marvel - it must cost a fortune to open the ground for a few hundred people to turn up.

Its on Thursday so it can be on TV to cover the costs of the expanded VFL and lost money last year.

It’s at Marvel because all the TV infrastructure is in place. I assume only a small section of level 1 will be open which will cut down the costs.

I’m sure there’s some players put out by the schedule but assuming they’ve got understanding bosses who can do modified duties I’d rather play Thursday than the interstate trips. And certainly rather play Thursday at Marvel than Thursday interstate like the doggies did.

As long as they are shared between all the clubs I actually like the Thursday VFL. Too much Thursday AFL is too much of a good thing. Mixing in a run of VFL games allows me to watch them if they’re good and ignore them if not!

I like how Goody was up for improvement notwithstanding 6 and 0 and the win over Richmond.

I also think that the Melksham / Brown swap makes the most sense. Melksham and Brown dont bring the same tackling pressure as the other forwards - they are there for their goal scoring. Melksham hasnt been compelling and Brown provides a lot of upside for the team.

Jackson was never the option - not with 17 possessions at 100% efficiency and two goals plus how he helps Gawn and as a development project.

Jones as the other option I guess but maybe he brings more leadership and pressure acts than Melksham.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cheesy D. Pun said:

Harmesy?

Possible, but as he’s coming back from an extended time off and prior to his injury, had been underperforming, I feel he’ll probably need to do a couple of weeks at Casey to regain form.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

Casey % 200

North % 36

this could be interesting. Weed will be kicking the door down for selection after tonight you’d imagine 

The line is set at -95.5 points for this game ???

Unreal 

• Like 2

The teams -

NORTH MELBOURNE VFL

B: F. Appleby 82 H. Murphy 81 L. Cunningham 64

HB: H. Jones 57 J. Clayton 61 A. Polidoros 73

C: B. Scott 8 M. Walker 46 D. Tyson 21

HF: P. Walker 33 T. Garner 6 W. Walker 27

F: J. Heron 53 M. Baker 62 C. Taylor 5

Foll: T. Xerri 38 J. Watkins 68 T. Roos 54

I/C (from): C. Menadue 31 C. Lazzaro 35 W. Phillips 29 H. Gunther 65 E. Ford 40 K. Answerth 56 J. Mahony 1 C. Zurhaar 44 T. Dumont 14 T. Donnelly 66 A. Bosenavulagi 15

Emerg: C. Byrne 53 C. Brown 60

CASEY DEMONS 

B: J. Bowey  17 J. Hutchins 60 D. Smith 34

HB: N. Jetta 39 Z. Foot 53 M. White 52

C: C. Machaya 64 T. Freeman 67 J. Munro 47 

HF: C. Sparks 76 S. Weideman 26 T. Bedford 12 

F: K. Chandler 37 G. Grey C. Stockdale 49

Foll: M. Daw J. Harmes 6 T. Sparrow 32

I/C: A. Bradtke 47 C. Ellison 79 F. Rosman 19 T. McCaffrey 62

• Haha 1