TEAMS: Rd 06 vs Richmond

Demonland

I guess we don’t want to upset the apple cart and stick to the formula that’s been working 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Fritsch' availablity was unexpected.

Interesting selection but perhaps understandable for a night game. Wonder if they were tempted to play M Brown one more time.

Jordon can consider hmself lucky

Did we ever confrm whether Petty was or was not injured?

Was it 2018 when both Harmes and Salem broke hands and 1 came back after 1 week off and the other the next game?

Just now, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Fritta is iffy, Weed is likely

Otherwise Weed is Sub

Luckily if Fritta's hand explodes or May's eye pops out of its socket, we can bring the big man in! No risk at all in not selecting him from that perspective. No VFL for him this week though if it works out that way, which probably then puts Brown ahead of him vs North.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Otherwise Weed is Sub

They won't risk either may or fritter if they are not right to go. Why would they?

We are 5 zip and as big as this game is we need them both fit and firing over the next half dozen games. And we can cover both players.

Weed wont be sub. Too one dimensional. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

I guess we don’t want to upset the apple cart and stick to the formula that’s been working 

I still think working against what ? 6 goals against hawthorn last week until 3/4 time. We need a leading full forward in the place. We may find out tmrw.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

IN MY VIEW  Fritsch will be a late scratch and Weid will play.

Or Melksham

I dont understand how you could play the two of them with Wied or Bbb in the stands.

Sure im not alone.

Great news about May.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Otherwise Weed is Sub

That’s what I think.

Otherwise I can’t understand how you keep a young key forward out, who has kicked 7 in the VFL the week before.

I think we are more balanced and dangerous with another key forward.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Pates said:

Wow was not expecting that! Given Goodwin said both were fit to be picked I would've really expected us to bring in one of Weid or Brown.

That said, I'm very happy with the Ins vs the Outs. Our forward line definitely looked off a step against the Hawks and I attribute a lot of that to Fritta and his running patterns. He was just starting to find his radar when he hurt himself so hopefully it's on song this week.

May back for Petty was always going to happen if May was passed fit. Herculean effort by him to get up for this match.

Brown and Weid made to bide their time, let's see how they go against the Tigers in the VFL this week. 

Except we have our own equivalents to Lynch and Riewoldt but they wont be playing.

Mmmm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CYB said:

I reckon if he’s named sub then it’s a dead giveaway that they are not 100% on Fritach’s hand. The Tigers will definitely take that as a sign to test it thoroughly.

Hard to believe.... if he was subbed out he would be out for the next round as well.

Just cannot see him being risked if there was doubt

I like it

Big ask to expect the Weid or BB to come in for a game of this magnitude and hit the ground running.

May had to play once he passed the concussion protocol. Massive boost for us.

I hope we bring our shooting boots. Impossible to win this game if our goal kicking is sub-standard again.

• Like 5

Watch for the filthy ex-Sun to go after Mays eye.

Would not surprise me in the slightest.

Fritta back is good as we were a bit toothless until the Hawks folded. The Tigers don't fold.

• Like 6

I just dont get Melk and Fritta together.

Its too short.

Yea ..Fritta if fit is a lock.

Not only are we too short but Melk has played 2 games this year.

One poor and one just above average.

Wied and Bbb with ten goals are not rewarded.

I just dont get the Jake love.

• Like 2

Great selections, sat night is going to be wet.  Not good conditions for guys who have missed alot of footy to come back in at the top level too.

And gives them a chance to really bang down the door and force their selection next week.

Chandler for Sub

• Like 4