Adam Treloar

Elegt

Apparently Treloar refuses to go drinking and doing stupid drunk acts like knocking on doors of strangers in the middle of the night. I can see how he doesn’t fit into the Filth.  Also he doesn’t play tennis so Buckley wants him out. Pies are also getting Alicia Molik as a coterie member next year with her strong ties to club values and her serve and volley game.  

• Like 2

I just think a chat with him would be good to hear as a supporter  

if Pies are so keen to get him out we could pick him up for cheap

Liked by players it's been reported and seems like a nice dude (He doesn't seem like he's toxic or would be bad for culture)

Nothing gained, nothing lost if he's not a fit! 

• Like 1

If we needed to trade Brayshaw or Harmes for Treloar I would be open to it. I would look to trade Brayshaw + Tmac for Treloar + Phillips. Collingwood save about 200-300k with that so they can resign Mihocek, Phillips apparently on 550k next year but it's the last year of his deal so you'd imagine we could get him on a cheaper contract after that and still have cash for Clarry. If we needed to throw in a future second or third to get it done I'd do it. 

• Like 2

How this has gone down is not going to help his anxiety issues, can't understand why Collingwood would handle it in such a bad way. That Dane Beams trade is killing them, personal issues aside, would love Treloar on the wing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Senior players want him out?

Sidebottom, DeGoey?

Not sure I'd listen to senior Filth players opinions

It sounds like Buckley has listened to them and my guess is he would rely more on Pendlebury, Adams, Grundy - those that play with him in the midfield.

That aside, he has a lot of negatives imv.

And, by some reports our midfield has its own issues around roles and following team rules.  We don't need another person in there to confound it further.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 9:47 AM, Redleg said:

Don’t worry about the pick, it will be pick 90 if they offload most of his salary. Can’t have it both ways.

Again like some other players, there are other issues. These and cap room all need to be evaluated. 

Personally I would only look at my early suggestion for him,  worse than pick 50 and Pies to pay $400-500 k of his salary for every one of the five years left on his contract. If not, we don’t consider it. Even at $400k for 5 years and with his issues, it could be a problem.

Actually, on reflection it is probably all too hard, pass.

PS. I can see him being traded at the last minute, on a heavily favourable deal to the buyer, or staying at the Pies. 

If we are interested, then this.

15 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Reports that Buckley told Treloar last week that senior players didn't want him in the team.  Brutal. 

But if true I wouldn't be rushing in to recruiting him.  Especially when adding the pressure of his family being i/state, scars from being turfed out from the club he loves.   Not to mention poor kicking skills and hamstring history.

Matt Rendell's description of him was that he takes more care in getting the ball than disposing of it.  That says a selfish player to me.   We need a team oriented midfield going fwd. 

I will be disappointed if we get him.

On-field issues I accept - he's not a good kick and has had hamstring issues, those are two strikes against him. IMO his positives as a player outweigh those negatives but each to their own.

Off-field though, I don't agree with you at all.

I've never heard a bad thing about Treloar's personality or cultural fit. I've never heard him described as selfish and he doesn't play that way (if Rendell suggests otherwise, I disagree). The interstate family thing could be difficult but he and his partner are committed to making it work and they wouldn't be the first people to maintain a long distance relationship, even with children.

My gut tells me the falling out between Collingwood and Treloar is mainly of Collinwood's own doing, not Treloar's.

• Like 6

I think Adam Treloar should just bite the bullet and move up to Queensland to the Gold Coast Suns to be with his Wife and newborn child. That's what most people would do.

I don't know if the Demons can afford his very expensive contract...but there's no harm and at least speaking to his manager I guess?

1 minute ago, Supreme_Demon said:

I think Adam Treloar should just bite the bullet and move up to Queensland to the Gold Coast Suns to be with his Wife and newborn child. That's what most people would do.

I don't know if the Demons can afford his very expensive contract...but there's no harm and at least speaking to his manager I guess?

Why would he do that if his wife’s contract is only for a year and his is for 5? Especially when he’s said they intend to stay in Melbourne long term. 

Edited by Domgus Petrogan
Spelling

47 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Rendell's got really good instincts as a recruiter/list manager and he called the Hogan to GWS move definitively last week.

If he's saying that aloud, he won't be the only one drawing those conclusions.

Would be negligent not to call and enquire if we reckon he could make our team better and come at a pretty heavy discount.

There are so many exaggerations at this time of year.  Treloar's kicking in 2020 was most definitely below standard, but it hasn't always been poor.  It's dropped away, but I dont have the expertise to know whether that's hamstring related or even a mental issue to do with his hamstrings.  While never a great kick he's certainly been an acceptable kick.  Dangerfield isn't a great kick either.  Nor is Fyfe.

Treloar has finished top 3 in the Pies B&F on 3 occasions out of five.  The other two years he didn't play enough games due to injury to figure.

Injury permitting he'd be a fantastic pickup for Melbourne and exactly the type of mid we're lacking and need.

• Like 4

whatever whether the stories are correct or not, it's wonderful to see the filth falling apart like this

but IF the stories around his contract value are true ($900k a year for the next five years) and IF the stories are true that the filth are only prepared to pick up $200k of that in year 1 then the remaining $4.3m over 2021-25 would seem too steep a price to pay both in $ and contract length

i'm not convinced his hamstrings have five years left in them

Something to consider, Treloar makes our midfield better, Pies need a tall forward.  It would make sense for Treloar and Tmac trade, both big wages it might cost us a pick as well 3rd rounder or something.  Both clubs seem to be pretty keen to trade the players out.  Treloar also gives us enough depth if Oliver does leave at end of next year.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 3:07 AM, Lucifer's Hero said:

Sam McClure is suggesting Coll want Treloar out because they think he won't cope well with his family interstate: 

“...I remember if it wasn’t for my partner Kimmy, for Nick Maxwell, Bucks, Jacqui [Louder] who is my psych/really, really good friend and my family, I probably wouldn’t be playing footy, to be honest with you...

...While Treloar is adamant that living away from his partner and daughter won’t impact on his football, the Collingwood hierarchy disagrees". adam-treloar-stuck-in-the-middle

A google search connects his psych, Jacqui Lounder to Collingwood.  Fair to assume the club has inside knowledge so have an extra 'duty of care' in how they deal with him.  It might be a good idea for Eddie to talk to lawyers on extent of their 'duty of care'.  

Also, I have some problem with the ethics of Coll offloading him for potential psychological reasons which may or may not affect football performance. 

It's only 1 year. Would go very quickly. 

29 minutes ago, DavidNeitz9 said:

How this has gone down is not going to help his anxiety issues, can't understand why Collingwood would handle it in such a bad way. That Dane Beams trade is killing them, personal issues aside, would love Treloar on the wing

Treloar is no wingman. He’s a dead set rover. Was a gun three years ago but I dunno if he is now. Seems to have lost a little speed