GAMEDAY: Rd 07 vs Hawthorn

2 minutes ago, binman said:

Im not sure that holds true on demonland old dee. And I certainly wouldn't put you in the over rating players camp.

Some might argue that 2018 was an aberration. We'll get a better idea after thus season about that. But that argument diminshes the fact that it is impossible to fluke making a preliminary final. 

That team had good players and we have improved the list since. So we plenty of good players. Good enough to won a flag? Im not sure, but in our best 22 thete are no poor players.

Your last line is what I am on about. A significant number of our best 22 have poor delivery. They don't miss kick every now and then they do it week after week. Even last year we had a lot of forward entries that result in no score because of poor delivery which resulted  in turnovers and scores by the the other team. 

4 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Watched the Dorks play Geelong a couple of weeks ago and thought if we can't beat this rabble then we might as well pack up for the season.

I'm sticking by that claim.

Apart from Tmac, we can pretty well put our best side on the park. I was surprised Jackson got a gig, but hey it's bizzaro season, and just like Kossie, how else is the kid going to learn the game?

Melbourne easy! And the the first jolly good thrashing I'm dealing out today will go to Sportsbet.

~ Suspects this is due to the Maid being over worked last week ?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, ding said:

Was gonna write a poem,

But i really cant be stuffed.

They will likely play the tough guy, 

and hope they have us bluffed.

We often fade post half time,

and play like on the bong.

but today we'll come out firing,

and maintain it all game long.

I really think its time that

the MFC stood tall.

Forget the Mr nice-guy

lets grab 'em by the balls

MFC by 4 goals.

GO DEES !!!

This fits quite well to the tune of "Roxanne" (Police).

♪ Go Dees. You don't have to bomb inside 50. ♪

Gooooooooooooo Dees. You don't have to bomb inside 50. ♫

• Like 1

Actually quite surprised at the level of confidence on here.

We have already dropped two games we should have won.

They have been bashed like we were the week before and I expect them to come out firing.

They also have a pretty smart Coach, who adapts well to the situation facing the team.

We will have to play well to win.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Actually quite surprised at the level of confidence on here.

We have already dropped two games we should have won.

They have been bashed like we were the week before and I expect them to come out firing.

They also have a pretty smart Coach, who adapts well to the situation facing the team.

We will have to play well to win.

Yep agree. We have a long tradition of patting ourselves on the back after winning a tough one, getting full of bathwater and getting pantsed in the next game.

Great pressure and better delivery last week but we've got to keep improving this week if we're going to match it with teams like the lions.

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

Yep agree. We have a long tradition of patting ourselves on the back after winning a tough one, getting full of bathwater and getting pantsed in the next game.

Great pressure and better delivery last week but we've got to keep improving this week if we're going to match it with teams like the lions.

How come 4 years we were both crap and now the Lions are GF chances and we are still cr-p?

2 minutes ago, old dee said:

How come 4 years we were both crap and now the Lions are GF chances and we are still cr-p?

Last week reinvigorated my optimism od , so I'm not prepared to put us in the cr-p basket just yet.

However, if we don't win today, I will stuff us in that basket and nail the lid shut !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, old dee said:

I really think we generally have the list and talent to be competitive and successful Old Dee.

I think we are cr-p because of the dumb footy we have been playing.

If we bring the pressure and lower our eyes as well as the coaches being flexible and responsive and willing to adjust against our oppo, we can be right there with the best of them.

I think the players saw changes to our game plan last week and responded as they should.

Hope we smash the poo and wees! 

1 minute ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I think if we can get ahead and stay in front by the end, we’ll win. 

Ethan your posting today has been wonderfully insightful and original!

I reckon there is a job waiting for you on either the channel 7 or fox commentary team.. 

Your choice!

( just pm me as to which one you select)

4 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I think if we can get ahead and then be in front when the game finishes, we’ll win. 

Are you Matthew Richardson?

Given the flack Clarko has received this week, we have the added incentive that if we can beat them well, we can help send the Hawks season closer to the edge and their club into a coach questioning turmoil. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I reckon there is a job waiting for you on either the channel 7 or fox commentary team.. 

Your choice!

He'd require a frontal lobotomy first and foremost.

No way will Hawthorn play as badly as they have the last couple of weeks, but our best is good enough to win.

Question is what Melbourne we get, and if we fall back to bad habits watch Clarkson pick us apart tactically and take advantage. Potentially lots of intercept marks to Sicily and the ex Dees down back.

37 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I think if we can get ahead and then be in front when the game finishes, we’ll win. 

Dripping with wisdom Ethan

34 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Your choice!

A chance to replace Bruce I reckon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Can't say I'm confident of a win today. Its typical of Clarko to come out and make a statement today after being smashed all week.

Luckily he's not playing 'dazzle'...

...if both teams play to their best, we win.

Like most though, I'm not confident.