PREGAME: Rd 16 vs Carlton

Lucifers Hero

When I made a complaint to the Club earlier this year I was told by the young person looking after it that, "I am frankly disappointed in your attitude and lack of appreciation for what we do" . I wont go into the complaint but I took it up the line and it went nowhere. In a way I  could live with the old days of minding my business at the footy sitting with other club supporters in the AFL members and being positively oblivious to the inner workings of the Club. Sadly the more people are getting paid and the more I hear the more let down I feel. And that is why I and others sometimes vent on here when we recognize incompetence for highly paid professionals on and off the field.

• Like 1

This mob beat Brisbane a few weeks so they are no easy beats for us. On top of that a change of coach has them looking interested on the field. Dees by a point if things go our way. 

27 minutes ago, old dee said:

This mob beat Brisbane a few weeks so they are no easy beats for us. On top of that a change of coach has them looking interested on the field. Dees by a point if things go our way. 

A pyrrhic victory od.  I'm not sure I could cop that. Preseason we might have nominated this game to hand out a flogging and roll on into the finals.

FMD. What has become of us?

• Like 3

Wins and losses are irrelevant to me at this point of the season. I will particularly get no joy from beating an under-manned Carlton by 1-2 goals.

What I do want to see is something different from the coach over the last eight weeks (not all at once, but progressively over this period), including:

• Salem to play a full game in the midfield
  • Brayshaw to move back to the midfield
  • Oliver to have more kicks than handballs
  • Neal-Bullen to be moved to the wing or a defensive midfield role
  • Spargo and/or Kennedy-Harris to play in defence, at Casey initially and then perhaps in the senior side
  • Viney and/or Jones to play permanent forward to provide much needed defensive pressure
  • Fritsch to return forward
  • Hore to be tried on the wing
  • May to play forward at some point, perhaps to swap with Weideman if Weid is not getting a kick
  • Preuss & Gawn to share ruck work 50/50, so Gawn can rest forward
  • Hibberd to find form at Casey. Ditto Hannan. No need to rush back Jetta, Melksham or Lever. 
  • Get games into Dunkley, Baker, Lockhart & Petty.
  • Put a line through T.Smith, Maynard and Wagner x2. Lewis can have a farewell game in our last MCG match.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

A pyrrhic victory od.  I'm not sure I could cop that. Preseason we might have nominated this game to hand out a flogging and roll on into the finals.

was a nice 109 point flogging last year, hopefully they'll sell commemorative DVDs of the game. 

15 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Yeah cool, understand that, I was being half tongue in cheek.  But I still don't understand how we could consider cutting it so fine with such an important player.  Can't train Thursday, it's not like it's a grand final.  I love Gawn's comitment to the cause, but surely even he can see the bigger picture here?

The Bigger Picture is to hold onto 52,000 Members and Top Line Sponsors for 2020

Winning is still very important.....

• Like 1

Will be wet and cold.  a horrible game to watch with skill errors, fumbles and free kicks.

we've gone tall at the back (in the wet) with Petty, Frost and May and their two tall targets are out injured. Winning will leave an empty feeling, losing will be horrific

I for one, cannot wait for the game!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Will be wet and cold.  a horrible game to watch with skill errors, fumbles and free kicks.

we've gone tall at the back (in the wet) with Petty, Frost and May and their two tall targets are out injured. Winning will leave an empty feeling, losing will be horrific

Geez, things are rough when you either feel empty or horrified win or lose.

MFC supporters, particularly the long term ones, deserve a medal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sisso said:

I’m always happy if we win: we’ve never been good enough in my near 40 years of supporting to take a win for granted 

What a bloody sad fact.........

Even when we have been good(ish), you always knew any game could also be a loss. It has been the Melbourne way all my life.

Games involving us could either be described as "likely loss", or "danger game".

Very few times in my 50 years could i honestly say, "nah we will [censored] this mob" and actually believe it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Diamond_Jim said:

But he didn't have a pre season !!!

Dont be stupid DJ, they all did...... even those that didnt.

Or do we call it an "interrupted early season" ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Love the fact we've opted for tall and slow on a wet day and dropped one of our fastesr in Oskar Baker who plays with more confidence and provides more drive than most of the team.

Edited by praha
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, praha said:

Love the fact we've opted for tall and slow on a wet day and dropped one of our fasted in Oskar Baker who plays with more confidence and provides more drive than most of the team.

Gave me a genuine laugh.....

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Bottom three sides seldom hand out a flogging to anyone Bbo. I will not be surprised if we lose. At this time last year we had not beaten a side in the eight. I think that is our true form. Without this year's injuries we are probably a ninth or tenth talent. 

couldn't give a stuff if we lose. theres nothing to play for. 

Goodwin never tries anything new. 

How about Lockhart start in the centre square or fritsch forward where he belongs. How about weideman as a floating defender, or May as a forward. 

So many things he could try but he doesnt because he's a bloody simpleton.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Dont you nominate every round for a flogging?

:jakovich:

• Haha 1