Gary Pert

_H_

12 minutes ago, ProDee said:

You mean you can't work it out ?

I can guess what may be happening, but i would like to hear what the President has to say and what his views are  i don’t think it is unreasonable to ask that at all  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smokey said:

Actually, yes. It certainly is. 

Am I to assume correctly you may be among the few who actually understand co-incidence  ? 

What do people expect Pert to have done in the short time in the job ?

For me, it's not making statements to the media.

It's working away quietly in the background. Indeed, this was the style of Peter Jackson. No big fan fare just work on the things that need to be worked on. 

Not interfering in FD matters like someone else use to do.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Wowee, thread of the year so far. Entertaining stuff. 

I’d post that GIF of Michael Jackson eating popcorn, but he’s a [censored] pedophile. 

I put one poster on ignore and thread has gone from 5 pages to four posts. Brilliant

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, hemingway said:

What do people expect Pert to have done in the short time in the job ?

For me, it's not making statements to the media.

It's working away quietly in the background. Indeed, this was the style of Peter Jackson. No big fan fare just work on the things that need to be worked on. 

Not interfering in FD matters like someone else use to do.

He should have been fitter at the start of the season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Matsuo Basho said:

Had to move Hogan on OldDee. The lad had/has severe off field issues the likes of which have only been alluded to in the media. Plus he consistently went missing in big games for the Dees. Plus he wanted to return home. Still only averaging 1 goal a game at Freo this year. 

It's true though that we are structurally hamstrung without a genuine gorilla forward of quality to straighten up the side. Need to get one as priority no.1 in the off season.

Your other points are more than valid, especially re Jackson and Pert. Jackson not wanting Pert is very telling.

Would you not recognise a Rolls Royce if you owned one. Hogan is a star.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matsuo Basho said:

I never said Pert ‘single handedly’ did anything. I have merely posited that his recruitment and the ructions this reportedly caused among key figures within the club, is a factor (among several) worth considering given our almost unprecedented implosion since last year’s prelim. Personally I’m not a big believer in coincidences. Cause and effect is more my thing. Logical extrapolation.

And who’s the goose really. You’ve got Tucker Carlson as your profile pic. Hilarious.

It's not that logical...

You can draw our current form line back to the Prelim when Jackson was still CEO.

We had a game plan and personal that didn't stand up.

That we didn't make changes after that performance is one of the many things that see us where we are now.

Pert wasn't in a position to effect that performance and hasn't been around long enough to make his mark.

I think rather than logical extrapolation you are clutching at straws.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rjay said:

Agree with most of your post 'It's' but the whole of the FD including the head should be reviewed.

I would think a review by someone with experience from outside the club will be called for...

Gary Lyon then??

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 2

16 minutes ago, rjay said:

It's not that logical...

You can draw our current form line back to the Prelim when Jackson was still CEO.

We had a game plan and personal that didn't stand up.

That we didn't make changes after that performance is one of the many things that see us where we are now.

Pert wasn't in a position to effect that performance and hasn't been around long enough to make his mark.

I think rather than logical extrapolation you are clutching at straws.

As I keep repeating ad nauseum to this type of criticism, the Pert appointment is ONE factor to be considered among a host of on and off field reasons for the implosion. Game plan, personnel, yes yes I get all that. Read the Caroline Wilson piece from June 29. Pulls no punches. A lot of very high up people at the MFC majorly cheesed off behind the scenes. Like it or not she’s got serious contacts and sources throughout the industry.

Edited by Matsuo Basho
  • Thanks 1

Matsuo Basho indeed. You have a lot of front and nerve in ripping off one of the Haiku masters names. Sounds mysterious and exotic with a hint of authority to many. FAIL. Your observations and comments do a disservice to him. He would roll in his grave if he had to read the combative and assertive posts you serve up. That was not the spirit of your namesake to any degree. And before you reply, I have lived and worked in Japan and have no respect for your posts under his name.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Matsuo Basho said:

Can't put my finger on it but there is something about Pert's manner and energy that I don't think is resonating well at the MFC. Smart man, highly professional and all that but there's a key ingredient missing. Just one of those people who's hard to warm to.

I know the feeling.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Matsuo Basho said:

As I keep repeating ad nauseum to this type of criticism, the Pert appointment is ONE factor to be considered among a host of on and off field reasons for the implosion. Game plan, personnel, yes yes I get all that. Read the Caroline Wilson piece from June 29. Pulls no punches. A lot of very high up people at the MFC majorly cheesed off behind the scenes. Like it or not she’s got serious contacts and sources throughout the industry.

Caroline has got good contacts and she writes a good story, likes to create some drama in the off field goings on at football clubs.

It wouldn't suit her narrative if the people behind the scenes were just a bit disappointed...

...but as to the very high up people...if they are majorly cheesed off and if that has rubbed off on the players in any way shape or form then those very high up people need to take a very long hike...

It was very high up people, including ex players that very nearly drove us to extinction.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, rjay said:

Caroline has got good contacts and she writes a good story, likes to create some drama in the off field goings on at football clubs.

It wouldn't suit her narrative if the people behind the scenes were just a bit disappointed...

...but as to the very high up people...if they are majorly cheesed off and if that has rubbed off on the players in any way shape or form then those very high up people need to take a very long hike...

It was very high up people, including ex players that very nearly drove us to extinction.

This

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, maximum bob said:

Matsuo Basho indeed. You have a lot of front and nerve in ripping off one of the Haiku masters names. Sounds mysterious and exotic with a hint of authority to many. FAIL. Your observations and comments do a disservice to him. He would roll in his grave if he had to read the combative and assertive posts you serve up. That was not the spirit of your namesake to any degree. And before you reply, I have lived and worked in Japan and have no respect for your posts under his name.

'Range Rover' just doesn't have the same exotic sound to it

3 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Communication is a very important function, considering the plummet we have endured since September. 

You don’t have to read it or listen, if you are not interested. 

I would like to hear what the president has to say. 

Ffs do you need him to tell you we're underdone

Off season Ops which along with the new AFLPA Christmas break rule hampered continuity for training

Impacting our fitness levels across almost half the list

Poor start to the season has effected any semblance of confidence players may have had

Or would you prefer he wrote a fairytale and told you it was all because 

a) we still have players on our list who were part of 186

b) a curse from 1965 when we sacked Norm Smith

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Food for thought. The Football inner sanctum is a bit of an incestuous environment. CW , all dismissives aside does often have decent,if unfortunate , lines of information.

The other side of coin becomes her agendas. These are often not of our suiting. She vehemently hates all things Schwab.

Some occasional sources of goss suggest we aren't as warm and fuzzy atm as have been quite recently.

Not everyone is swimming the same way. All think it's best for Melbourne. Same ol...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, maximum bob said:

Maximum Bob. The spirit of Zen is infinitely malleable. There is a time for combativeness when the right circumstances present themselves. Masters on occasion will deploy the ‘keisaku’ - flat wooden stick - over the shoulders of sleepy monks during periods of meditation. THWACK!! This is never done with malice, but with a sense of compassion for those who lack concentration. And let’s not get started on the warrior heart of the samurai. I hope you enjoyed your time in Japan.

Did we fail to understand the 6.6.6 format, perhaps our brain trust don't have a clue. After rd 2 wouldn't you look at the way other clubs play (top clubs) to the new system and make the necessary changes. Mind you the new format is a flop , the bigs scores expected ain't happening.