Changes vs Swans R4

The Red Fox

3 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

It was staggering watching him plod 15 metres behind opponents early in the game and even struggling to run to the interchange at times. His injury came at a bad time for him and he’s definitely struggling fitness wise.

Too early to maybe make a call on him but someone like Stretch must be scratching his head pondering why he can’t get a run while others seem to be getting a game just to gain match fitness. I’m not the biggest fan of Stretch but surely the bloke could run 120 minutes out and might provide some pressure to opponents even if it’s perceived. Unfortunately, that’s where we are at the moment.

Maybe KK just needs a bit of time & might be too early to call.......As for Stretch, the kid is not even getting a chance......hasn't for 2 years. I'd be looking at other options at years end as it appears the senior coaches don't have any faith in him........

• Love 1

34 minutes ago, R.I.P. Troy said:

In - Me not watching the game or giving a s*** who comes in and pretends to play

Out - Me watching the game

Lets not kid ourselves, we will all be watching the game.  A win up there will kick start our season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, samcantstandya said:

I agree Jones is becoming a liability always  trying 2 bomb it long. Oscar needs 2 reinvent himself & play forward Frost either wing or not at all. I'm annoyed we sold the farm for Lever & May. May came 2 us unfit gets suspended & injured - he owes us big time. ANB fumbles & runs around like a headless chook..No offence Mr Fowler.

Strange wanting to change our current 2 pillars of defence into forwards and wingers and complaining about getting May and lever in the same sentence. Can’t have it both ways, we aren’t exactly rich in key defence player stock without those recruits. 

12 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Declan Keilty as a key defender

That is the best alternative, dazzle.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DemonLad5 said:

I was hyping Kolodjashnij up all pre season but seems I’ve got it horribly wrong. Bloke’s awful. Can’t find the pill 

Hasn’t played for essentially 2 years. Had no pre season and came in off the back of a practice game in the VFL. Playing limited minutes. Clearly needs to build his fitness again. 

He can play, it’s proven. He just needs to get himself going again after all those head and neck injuries. It took Gus a good while too, including spending time at Casey. And look at him now. 

I think he deserves our patience. If by mid year he’s still barely going then I’d start being worried. I don’t even think he would be playing if Vanders, Hannan, Lewis, Lever etc were fit. 

They rushed him in. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, R.I.P. Troy said:

Finding it difficult to say goodbye to you Neil.

I've alwsys had such a soft spot for

Apologies RIP if you took offence.

Last night i read through umpteen pages of game day and post match comments of understandably disappointed posters - it was not a good performance. The posters I were most disappointed in were the ones that said they would tear up their memberships, or never support the team or be seen on DL again. 

Your initial post was the first i had read this morning of a similar nature - so i posted a smart [censored] comment.

I'm lucky RIP in that I was able to be at the ground to see the MFC win the 64 premiership - not many on here have had that experience and, after showing so much promise last year, can readily understand the disappointment in our team so far this year. I've had 54 years of disappointment since then - and I'm on record as saying that I thought we would win the premiership this year - so stand in the queue when it comes to wanting success again.

The one thing I have never done is give up on our team, so I'm disappointed in those that have.

Edited by Grapeviney
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, rjay said:

The period in the 2nd Q where we looked ok coincided with Tommy Mac going off injured.

I would persist with Weid, it worked for a short period.

Drop Tommy or play him back until May & Lever come in.

Maybe Pruess as the 2nd tall forward/chop out for Max.

12 hours ago, Skuit said:

"Then it clicked. Just as Tom McDonald hobbled from the field after rolling his ankle following an awkward landing in a marking contest, Melbourne's small brigade came to life." - AFL.com

We lowered our eyes, began locking it in, and found space in front. And then it unclicked . . . when Tomald returned.

We've seen the same thing happen with Hogan's absence in the past two years.

Out: KK and Tomald - send him to CHB if you want to keep him, can't be worse than his brother. And we could undoubtedly do with some leadership down back. Jones should join him there as well, and Fritsch who can jump and mark can play up front.

In: Keilty and Garlett

I'm not so sure about this.

I think our Q2 dominance came about more because Essendon were down to 2 on the bench for 15 minutes (Devon Smith was going through concussion testing).

They stopped running, and all of a sudden we had time, space and more speed through the middle. We could have hit any target, TMac included.

Having said that, I suspect TMac's injured his ankle and won't be right for a six-day break going interstate. He didn't look right in the second half.

3 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Out: Tmac, ANB

In: Preuss, Jeffy

This may well be it, particularly if TMac's injured.

9 hours ago, samcantstandya said:

Goodwin's 2 predictable he doesn't try 2 b innovative during a game it's a big negative

I think we all might be guilty of thinking we are more advanced a side and that we're better then the reality.  So too high expectations.

6 minutes ago, DV8 said:

I think we all might be guilty of thinking we are more advanced a side and that we're better then the reality.  So too high expectations.

Some truth in that DV8. Last year we were a eighth or ninth placed team that fell into the finals and caught a couple of sides off balance. Since then we have had injuries  and have not replaced Hogans 50 goals.

41 minutes ago, old dee said:

Some truth in that DV8. Last year we were a eighth or ninth placed team that fell into the finals and caught a couple of sides off balance. Since then we have had injuries  and have not replaced Hogans 50 goals.

I think zon3es worked last year...   and this year with the stroke of an AFL committees pen, (666)  I see space and more space, every game.  This suits nippy running sides as I predicted irt would so the tiges apart from the key injuries would go well. doggies to, then your GCsand Lions are finding spacce for theirt uyoung talents to play well within. 

The slower sides are struggling,  Swans, Us, possibly Roos.

The 2019 game is about running...  and our running players are all down for reason.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Jaded said:

Hasn’t played for essentially 2 years. Had no pre season and came in off the back of a practice game in the VFL. Playing limited minutes. Clearly needs to build his fitness again. 

He can play, it’s proven. He just needs to get himself going again after all those head and neck injuries. It took Gus a good while too, including spending time at Casey. And look at him now. 

I think he deserves our patience. If by mid year he’s still barely going then I’d start being worried. I don’t even think he would be playing if Vanders, Hannan, Lewis, Lever etc were fit. 

They rushed him in. 

KK is quite skinny. His twin brother looks twice his size.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 2

B/  jWagner...TMc...Jetta

HB/ Hibbo...Frost...kKolodj

C/  Lockhart...Petracca...Salem

HF/  Fritsch...Weide...Brayshaw

FF/ Preuss... Hunt...Melksham

Rk/  Gawn...Oli...Harmes

Int/  Viney...ANB...cWagner...Jones/Stretch/Garlett

Em/  Garlett...Keilty...tSmith...

17 hours ago, Jibroni said:

Out season 2019

In forward planning for 2020

2050 more like it

17 hours ago, The Swimming Dee said:

Who gives a [censored]...I’m going to go to swimming training instead of watching that crap we serve up

Swimming!! Luxury.   I am going to try bamboo under fingernail training and then nutcrackers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2