Injury List - Season 2019

Chelly

20 hours ago, deanox said:

I think this is probably right but completely justified. 

We were definitely in with a shot and came home like a steam train until we, well, ran out of steam in the prelim against eventual premiers. 

We knew things would be tough, but the struggle with recovery made it worse than expected. We collected injuries after Christmas and in early rounds (May, Jetta, Lewis, TMac, Melk, Smith, all happened close to our in season) instead of slowly getting healthier. We didn't get match tactic practice coming into the biggest rule changes in decades.

May's injury in combination with the 666 change magnified our defensive issues, and 666 in combination with lack of opportunity for trial/practice, ruined our attack. 

The biggest issue is that a season this bad can be damaging for morale,  belief and cohesion amongst a group.

Excellent post. Agree that if i'm right about their approach it was more than justified. If you have any shot at a flag you go for it.

The only point i'm not sure about is the impact of the 666 rule. Personally i think its impact has been marginal at best, for us and for the AFL as a whole. 

2 hours ago, binman said:

Excellent post. Agree that if i'm right about their approach it was more than justified. If you have any shot at a flag you go for it.

The only point i'm not sure about is the impact of the 666 rule. Personally i think its impact has been marginal at best, for us and for the AFL as a whole. 

This is what I’ve been musing on binman- if you change the rules to achieve a goal, and don’t get the desired result (kick ins, 666), do you persist? Or do you go back three spaces to what you had being pretty good already?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, In Harmes Way said:

This is what I’ve been musing on binman- if you change the rules to achieve a goal, and don’t get the desired result (kick ins, 666), do you persist? Or do you go back three spaces to what you had being pretty good already?

Good question. My reposen would be to keep bot the kick in rule and 666.

One because neither rule has changed much, and not impacted on the 'spirit' of the game as such ie don't really represent a major change to how the game has always been played.

Two because i don't mind the main impact of the 66 rule - which is in those relatively rar occasion when scores are very close in the last couple of minutes, And i don't mind the kick in rule and think it could create some interesting tactical responses (although it hasn't yet).

But please no more changes

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Nev said:

Not 100% sure on reliability of info, but apparently Sam Weideman's injury from the weekend is a lot worse than expected and he could be done for the year. More related to injury impact rather than concussion as such.

literally what i just got told as well

and if our 'treatment plan' recommended to him is true then our entire medical dept should be sacked immediately for gross negligence 

1 minute ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

literally what i just got told as well

and if our 'treatment plan' recommended to him is true then our entire medical dept should be sacked immediately for gross negligence 

Haven't heard anything about a treatment plan, what's the go there mate?

So Steven May will not play this week. 'Misson says he is 'touch and go' , which is his code for "I have no [censored] idea really, I am just guessing and he'll probably be out the rest of the season". 

The sooner that halfwit goes, the better off we will be. He has mismanaged blokes since forever and can never provide a straight up diagnosis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

Not 100% sure on reliability of info, but apparently Sam Weideman's injury from the weekend is a lot worse than expected and he could be done for the year. More related to injury impact rather than concussion as such.

Misson strikes again

Edited by chookrat
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Jaded said:

If you don’t laugh you cry. I rather forfeit the remaining games than watch more players go down injured. It’s not worth it at this point. 

I agree. Let's call it now and hit the slopes.......

1 minute ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

i thought he only got a one-year deal with us?

if not, then i guess he'll be with us further into his career, but his concussions have clearly become a big concern...

He got 2 didn’t he? No way he would move clubs for 1 year deal. 

His concussions are no worse than what Gus was facing. With proper management he can overcome it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jaded said:

I hate when he hits our players and breaks their jaw. What a d@&k!

Even worse when he only tries to give them concussion and ends up accidently breaking their jaw! No idea what he's doing

1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

I can't comprehend why we keep allowing / instructing our key forwards to lead to the same spots. Yes, a clash of heads is a total accident and completely unavoidable in a contact sport, but that particular incident wouldn't have happened if they were leading in different directions. You never see Darling and Kennedy in the same areas.