11. Carlton

12. Geelong

13. Norf

14. Port 

15. Hawthorn 

16. Freo 

17. Saints 

18. Goldcoast

GWS how? They have lost half their team.

• Like 2

2nd

No idea who on top...or below...but think we'll be second ( or top )  . Don't want to get ahead of myself ;)

• Like 2

1. Dees

2. Tigers

3. WCE

4. Essendon

5. Adelaide

6. Pies

7. Port

8. Norf

9. Giants

10. Lions

11. Hawks

12. Sydney

13. Geelong

14. Dogs

15. Freo

16. Carlton

17. St Kilda

18. GC

• Like 1

1. Richmond (still probably the best team last season, just had 1 off night. Now has Lynch

2. Collingwood (Made the granny last year with injuries all season. Now has Beams for extra depth)

3. WCE (towelled us up badly and doesn't lose home grade advantage)

4. Essendon (I predict a big rise up the ladder. Came home strong in the 2nd half of the season and now has Shiel who is a massive inclusion.

5. Melbourne - Lever to miss the start of the season will hurt. Much also depends on Vineys ability to be injury free. Didn't add to our lack of foot speed through the trade period so Hunt needs to be best 22. If he isn't, Frost needs to replace Oscar Mcdonald so we have at least 1 player who can break lines. 

Edited by Dr.D

6 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

1. Richmond (still probably the best team last season, just had 1 off night. Now has Lynch

2. Collingwood (Made the granny last year with injuries all season. Now has Beams for extra depth)

3. WCE (towelled us up badly and doesn't lose home grade advantage)

4. Essendon (I predict a big rise up the ladder. Came home strong in the 2nd half of the season and now has Shiel who is a massive inclusion.

5. Melbourne - Lever to miss the start of the season will hurt. Much also depends on Vineys ability to be injury free. Didn't add to our lack of foot speed through the trade period so Hunt needs to be best 22. If he isn't, Frost needs to replace Oscar Mcdonald so we have at least 1 player who can break lines. 

So you are saying KK is not faster than Tyson? Or May is not faster than OMac /Lewis. Not sure of Preus over King/ Filipovic/Pederson. I think we have added speed and quality but lost a terrific forward (but I think we have a few)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'll give it a shot...

1. Melbourne

2. Richmond

3. West Coast

4. Essendoin

5. Collingwood

6. Adelaide

7. Port Adelaide

8. Sydney

----------------------------

9. GWS

10. Geelong

11. Brisbane

12. Hawthorn

13. Fremantle

14. Bulldogs

15 North Melbourne

16. St.Kilda

17. Gold Coast

18. Carlton

• Like 1

1. Richmond 

2. West coast 

3. Melbourne 

4. Collingwood 

5. Essendon 

6. Adelaide 

7. North Melbourne 

8. Hawthorn 

9. Sydney 

10. Geelong 

11. GWS 

12. North 

13. Fremantle 

14 bulldogs 

15. Brisbane 

16. Carlton 

17 st. Kilda 

18. Gold Coast suns 

5 hours ago, ManDee said:

So you are saying KK is not faster than Tyson? Or May is not faster than OMac /Lewis. Not sure of Preus over King/ Filipovic/Pederson. I think we have added speed and quality but lost a terrific forward (but I think we have a few)

Not underestimating Jesse’s value, but IIRC we did win more big games without him than with him.

• Like 2

1: Richmond 

2: West coast

3: Collingwood 

4: Melbourne 

5: Essendon

6: Sydney

7: Adelaide

8: Port Adelaide 

9: North Melbourne

10: Geelong

11: Hawthorn

12: Gws

13: Brisbane

14: Bulldogs

15: Fremantle 

16: St kilda

17: Carlton

18: gcs 

this was  the first time I really struggled to pick where everyone would finish.. makes me excited to see how even it’s going to be next year for most teams 

• Like 1

Predicting a very rough year for the interstate sides,  bar West Coast and Brizzy who are chock full of talent and competitive and ready for a big rise.

Hope I am wrong on Essendon and Geelong.

1.  West Coast
2.  Melbourne
3.  Richmond
4.  Collingwood
5.  Essendon  (this one hurts)
6.  Hawthorn
7.  Brisbane
8.  Geelong  (average team aided massively by their home ground advantage)

9.   GWS   (exodus, depth smashed to bits, window is shut)
10. Kangaroos
11. Port Adelaide
12. Sydney
13. Adelaide
14. Western Bulldogs
15.  St Kilda
16.  Fremantle
17.  Carlton
18.  Gold Coast

I've never tried one of these, but here goes...

1. West Coast

2. Richmond

3. Melbourne

4. Essendon

5. Collingwood

6. GWS

7. Hawthorn

8. Adelaide

9. Port Adelaide

10. Sydney

11. North Melbourne

12. Geelong

13. St Kilda

14. Brisbane

15. Fremantle

16. Bulldogs

17. Carlton

18. Gold Coast

I reckon Essendon are going to do a lot of damage next year and I think Sydney, despite their record, will take a tumble. 

Edited by A F
  • Like 1

1. Melbourne  (this is the year!)

2. Collingwood 

3. West Coast 

4. Richmond 

5. Essendon 

6. Adelaide 

7. Geelong 

8. Hawthorn 

9. GWS (the era is over)

10. North Melbourne 

11. Sydney 

12. Port Adelaide 

13. Brisbane 

14. Fremantle 

15. Carlton 

16. Western Bulldogs 

17. St Kilda

18. Gold Coast 

Edited by MadAsHell

1. Richmond

2. West Coast

3. Melbourne

4.GWS

5. Collingwood

6. Essendon

7. North

8. Adelaide

9. Brisbane

10. Geelong

11. Hawthorn

12. Sydney

13. Port

14. Saints

15. Doggies

16. Carlton

17. Freo

18. GC

Edited by Good Lord George
  • Like 1

I'm not thinking too much about where I think we and everyone else will finish at this point (might as well throw darts at a board or play pin the tail on the donkey to some extent).  But I do know where I want us to finish and that is simply top 4 as a starting point.  In all my years as a supporter (post 86), I don't recall us finishing above the equivalent of 4th (i.e. with a garenteed double chance and potential week off prior to the prelim).

I don't think it matters so much to finish 1st or 2nd, unless it ment finishing below that meant an interstate trip first week of finals.

• Like 1

I think this article is interesting in the present context.

AFL fixture 2019: How weighted fixture helped Collingwood, North Melbourne in 2018 and who it will impact most in 2019

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-fixture-2019-how-weighted-fixture-helped-collingwood-north-melbourne-in-2018-and-who-it-will-impact-most-in-2019/news-story/d61d171a77108a94459b7f31d3efb9f8

Honestly though, I think the draw is only important to the weaker teams.  If we are a good side, then we should relish the opportunity to play top teams, because we give our selves a better than even chance of beating them.  I think it is also a double edge sword in that respect, in so far as playing other top sides gives you an opportunity to deny them a win and push them down the ladder.  I don't think a tough draw did Richmond any disservice this season.  Biggest thing to be gained with an easy draw is having a bit more tolerance in the case of form slumps and injuries etc.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 3
  • Love 1