Finals Tickets

Lucifers Hero

1 minute ago, old dee said:

How many do you think will be there R and B?

my guess about 55k. 

Good question. A Friday night final between these two clubs should get more like 75k to 80k in my book.

5 minutes ago, old dee said:

How many do you think will be there R and B?

my guess about 55k. 

Just looked up the Round 1 crowd, which was 54k. So I would certainly hope there are more there for a final.

Just now, Red and Bluebeard said:

Good question. A Friday night final between these two clubs should get more like 75k to 80k in my book.

Don't see it, an elimination game, first week between fifth and eighth on a cold potentially wet night between two teams with moderate supporter bases. There will be few supporters who are not Cats and Dees fans as most others don't think either are any chance to make the GF.  60k tops 

1 minute ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

Just looked up the Round 1 crowd, which was 54k. So I would certainly hope there are more there for a final.

That game was Saturday afternoon in March on a good day. I will stay with 60 tops.

Just now, old dee said:

So what are you drinking tonight Yze_13?

I have an Asahi open to celebrate our AA participants. 

Hard to predict the weather but if its a night like tonight there will certainly be 80k+. You’re forgetting that at least 10k of neutrals will turn up.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, old dee said:

Good afternoon dc. I did not think I would have time today to visit the site but took the iPad with me on the chance I could get some time.

As it turns out I had A 15 minute period at 3.00 so ventured onto ticketek in the hope 15 mins would be enough. The result leaves me almost speechless.

Got my ticket in about 4 minutes Unbelievable!

Amazing how well the system works when it is not overloaded.

However the planning genius is who decided to run the ticketing for three games at once should be giving back his six figure salary as he is taking money under false pretences. 

So Friday is looking good.

Go Dees!

Glad to hear it od this is usually the case in my experience, they stuff up every year but once they fix it it runs pretty smoothly

Fingers crossed I get a good run and some decent seats during the AFL members sale tomorrow morning, I need 8 tickets so hoping we get around M18/19 where we always sit

6 hours ago, Maybe next year said:

How do we know if we are in Melbourne supporter section or Geelong section. I would hope the system would automatically put you in the club's section but I have learned not to expect common sense with Ticketek.  I am in M57

we are m 57  too. hopefully mostly  dee supporters.    Told they do blocks of club members Public get whats left  hopefully mainly dees

1 minute ago, Yze_13 said:

I have an Asahi open to celebrate our AA participants. 

Hard to predict the weather but if its a night like tonight there will certainly be 80k+. You’re forgetting that at least 10k of neutrals will turn up.

Ok thought it might have been something a little more exotic.

You are assuming that I don't think it will be more than a couple of thousand. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Glad to hear it od this is usually the case in my experience, they stuff up every year but once they fix it it runs pretty smoothly

Fingers crossed I get a good run and some decent seats during the AFL members sale tomorrow morning, I need 8 tickets so hoping we get around M18/19 where we always sit

I got a seat in level1 which would be good at a day game but maybe a bit nippy on Friday week. A mate I go with quite often is going to stand up at the back level 1 in Olympic stand might join him if the weather poor.

3 minutes ago, old dee said:

Ok thought it might have been something a little more exotic.

You are assuming that I don't think it will be more than a couple of thousand. 

I guess we don’t have too long to wait to find out.

I haven’t been through the previous 31 pages but anyone else in N14?

1 minute ago, old dee said:

I got a seat in level1 which would be good at a day game but maybe a bit nippy on Friday week. A mate I go with quite often is going to stand up at the back level 1 in Olympic stand might join him if the weather poor.

It will be fine. Bit of cold weather never hurt anyone. Not abandoning mine unless its torrential rain.

2 minutes ago, old dee said:

Just bring a flask in od that'll keep you toasty ;)

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

No way will it only be 55k.

Minimum 70k probably around 80k more likely.

So you reckon 40 each from Cats and Dees Dr?

we only have 45 k total so we need nearly 90% to turn up.

I am struggling with that. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So it sounds like everyone who wanted tickets got them even if not where they might want them. I'm glad noones missing out all of us die hards should be there to exorcise the demons of the last decade.

Hope you are right Dr. The last two weeks I have been confident but these goones seem to have the wood on us in spite of us out playing them twice this year. They seem to be able to beat us whatever happens. I will reserve my prediction until I see the team but right now  low confidence.

At the start of the year I thought 14 wins and eight place with a Knock out in the first round. Injuries have hit at the business end of the year I don't think we have the experience and composure yet.

11 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

Why not, we had at least 33k at the game on the weekend. Better time slot and it's a final.

You may be right I just don't see it, Dees fans are small in total numbers and with plenty of snow in the hills that will cost a few.

Edited by old dee