Finals Tickets

Lucifers Hero

2 minutes ago, FlashInThePan said:

Scalable on demand web servers is a solved problem. This is just the rankest incompetence from Ticketek. It isn't even like thousands of people all wanting to buy tickets at once is an outlier for them, this is core business. The level of incompetence to not be able to manage this is really quite frightening. These people probably have problems doing up their shoe laces

Beggars belief. And apparently they have just had their contract with the MCG extended.

Just checked their website. Not a single word of apology. This is what is written (which is not on their landing page - you have to click through to the game to see it):

Today's on sale is on hold. More Info to come shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Edited by binman

1 minute ago, Elegt said:

Although it didnt run well, seems like the mcc sales went better than the club members

Yes we are always the poor cousins.

Wish my father had barracked for Hawthorn.

12 minutes ago, FlashInThePan said:

Scalable on demand web servers is a solved problem. This is just the rankest incompetence from Ticketek.

The Dick-Head-tek web site is with Amazon, where you can order more grunt when you need it and hand it back when you don't need it.

They were probably trying to log on to the Amazon retail site and got confused by all the books, shoes and fancy can openers.

Looks like Wednesday - Update from AFL website:

" TICKETS for week one finals at the MCG and SCG are set to go back on sale for members of competing clubs at staggered times... It had been hoped sales could re-open beginning Tuesday afternoon, but as talks between the AFL, venues and Ticketek continued it was looking increasingly likely fans would have to wait until Wednesday morning.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-28/huge-demand-sees-ticketek-call-halt-to-sales

Lets hope they stagger start times by at least three hours so that each event member's are sold before next lot of members start.  And that all public ticket sales start after the last lot of members sales ends.  Not rocket science.

And could Ticketek eliminate that stupid Time Out of a session or at least increase it to a sensible time frame to give people a chance to get to the end of the process!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

" TICKETS for week one finals at the MCG and SCG are set to go back on sale for members of competing clubs at staggered times... It had been hoped sales could re-open beginning Tuesday afternoon, but as talks between the AFL, venues and Ticketek continued it was looking increasingly likely fans would have to wait until Wednesday morning.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-28/huge-demand-sees-ticketek-call-halt-to-sales

Lets hope they stagger start times by at least three hours so that each event member's are sold before next lot of members start.  And that all public ticket sales start after the last lot of members sales ends.  Not rocket science.

And could Ticketek eliminate that stupid Time Out of a session or at least increase it to a sensible time frame to give people a chance to get to the end of the process!

That is great. Spent all morning on the computer and a lot of this arvo going backwards and forwards. To think I will have to do the same tmrw is a joke. Tickitek are a bacillary pox on society.

6 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Dont you just love the excuse "huge-demand-sees-ticketek-call-halt-to-sales"

Err you put six clubs on sale at the same time and did not think there would be a big demand.

1 minute ago, dl4e said:

That is great. Spent all morning on the computer and a lot of this arvo going backwards and forwards. To think I will have to do the same tmrw is a joke. Tickitek are a bacillary pox on society.

Tomorrow morning is out for me I simply cannot get onto a computer before 12 and they will probably be gone by then. My only hope is they sell Tigers/ Hawks game first then  our game.

1 hour ago, Fifty-5 said:

Incredible that there is no prominent notice on the homepage of http://www.afl.com.au/ - there's nothing in the carousel at the top, there's only a text link to a story and that's buried 5 down the list.

But there still IS a link to "The Finals - Get Tickets" underneath the Match Centre widget

(That widget is a disgrace btw - does not update properly when matches are in progress)

AFL/Telstra/Ticketek 

A match made in helllllll (/Vince McMahon voice)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

And when are AFL Members ticket sales gonna go on sale now? Originally meant to be 9am tomorrow

Anyone with half a brain would have seen this coming, my wife asked me last night about buying a ticket I told her it was today but the site will probably crash as all games get released at the same time, absolutely laughable that they didn’t see this coming 

• Like 2

Just now, old dee said:

Tomorrow morning is out for me I simply cannot get onto a computer before 12 and they will probably be gone by then. My only hope is they sell Tigers/ Hawks game first then  our game.

Just had a look on afl website and they said they were going to stagger times but only mentioned the mcg and scg. If that is right ( hope not ) then the stupidity is still with them.

40 minutes ago, M_9 said:

If you're not a MFC member I reckon you'll have no hope of getting a ticket. The public area will sell out, partly because a large number of MCC members will miss out, and as a large number of Cats and Dees MCC members have GFC/MFC memberships also (Cats need GFC to get into KPark) they'll opt to sit with us riff raff.

I'm likely to get seats but only want admission to the Southern stand (to stand in M9). I'll post on here if that's what happens ie I'll be happy to 'downgrade'.

BTW for the 2000 GF I had to purchase 9 seats in the Ponsford. Quite good seats, all together. I wanted standing room in M9 but didn't figure out how to 'swap'. I phoned the club to no avail.

Hoping I have the same dilemma this year (myself and mates have guaranteed GF tickets as Platinum members.

Crazy the AFL don't offer standing room for lead up finals.

Thanks M9. I am a member

5 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Just had a look on afl website and they said they were going to stagger times but only mentioned the mcg and scg. If that is right ( hope not ) then the stupidity is still with them.

I have pretty much rationalised I will be watching on TV dl4e. It does beggars  belief that after all  the crap we have gone through dreaming about playing finals over the last decade and when we finally get there we are prevented from going because of their incompetence. As I left the ground last sunday night I was wondering where I would get a seat for Friday week. Never thought it would be my lounge room.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, old dee said:

I have pretty much rationalised I will be watching on TV dl4e. It does beggars  belief that after all  the crap we have gone through dreaming about playing finals over the last decade and when we finally get there we are prevented from going because of their incompetence.

It is disgusting but I will keep trying.

Just now, Jaded said:

A waste of time. I rescheduled my entire day to be available at 9am to buy tickets. It's now 4pm. I have done a total of 0 things today. What a disgrace.

Same as me Jaded.

5 minutes ago, The Swimming Dee said:

Thanks M9. I am a member

Don't bet on getting a ticket.  Geelong 65K members, Melbourne 45K.  That already exceeds the ground capacity.  Take out the MCC and the AFL areas and members would be lucky to get 30K allocation each club.

People who were lucky to get a ticket today were able to buy guest passes, so that will reduce the number to members even more.

What the actual ****? I've been in back to back meetings all day. I hear my mate who was in front of a PC refreshing 6 screens at 9 had trouble getting through. I now come on here to find that most of you haven't even got tickets! What on Earth is going on?

• Like 1