Hand in your membership

The Chief

3 hours ago, bandicoot said:

Bottom placed Brisbane made Melbourne look like a side of amateurs

Rubbish. Brisbane are finishing strong, are well coached and have handful of extremely good players. We had 2-3 bursts that won us the game. We never left 2nd gear which taking nothing away from Brisbane is the reality of the contest. We looked great in patches and poor in others but we never really looked like losing. Sure, the fear was there, but we closed out and held on like finals sides do. 

Brisbane is better than North and Freo. Those losses still anger me. Yesterday was always going to be close. Brisbane are a side of guns that's just lacking some finishing touches.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Chief said:

There's a bloke who's been sitting in N12 on 2nd level of Southern Stand for the last decade who has every game and all game (this is no exaggeration) bagged any Melbourne player who's made a mistake.  He does this by shouting his abuse, obviously getting his rocks off hearing his own voice above everyone else.

It's got a bit heated a few times when those sitting around this idiot often tell him to shut up. Why would you bother going to the footy when all you do is whinge and abuse the team your supposedly barracking for?  

Today his abuse was mostly targeted at Tyson, Stretch and Gartlett. He often questions players courage, but I bet the soft [censored] never put his head over a ping pong ball let alone a footy. 

Anyone else in N12 having the pleasure of listening to this idiot's abuse every home game?

I didnt have that pleasure however i had the pleasure of sitting in n45 in the mcc where i was next to an essendon nuff nuff who kept wanting to talk about essendon and behind me were 2 old blokes who kept asking for 50m penalties for everything. Think ill go back to the standing area on the ground level next week

I think every section has at least 1 bloke that never shuts up. Yeah i yell and shout abuse, at the umps & opposition, for the most part I don't shout anything, however there is a guy behind me in M51 that does not STFU.  Get it out of the center melbourne, use it *insert players name*, are his general catchphrases, even when the ump is waiting for his little flashing light so he can bounce the ball he will still be commentating like play is still going on.  Mrs. KikA does not like him very much at all, nor do the older ladies a few rows in front of me.

26 minutes ago, AzzKikA said:

I think every section has at least 1 bloke that never shuts up. Yeah i yell and shout abuse, at the umps & opposition, for the most part I don't shout anything, however there is a guy behind me in M51 that does not STFU.  Get it out of the center melbourne, use it *insert players name*, are his general catchphrases, even when the ump is waiting for his little flashing light so he can bounce the ball he will still be commentating like play is still going on.  Mrs. KikA does not like him very much at all, nor do the older ladies a few rows in front of me.

There's a woman near us on who is always screaming to 'kick the bloody thing' and one time when we finally did she belts out 'to a Melbourne player'. Noise pollution!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skuit said:

I love Jeff Garlett and live in Europe, but my neighbours probably wonder why the odd foreigner downstairs keeps screaming out 'Pedo' so joyfully every Saturday morning around 6am.

Great Post.

Hungarian for: you beauty?

3 hours ago, praha said:

Rubbish. Brisbane are finishing strong, are well coached and have handful of extremely good players. We had 2-3 bursts that won us the game. We never left 2nd gear which taking nothing away from Brisbane is the reality of the contest. We looked great in patches and poor in others but we never really looked like losing. Sure, the fear was there, but we closed out and held on like finals sides do. 

Brisbane is better than North and Freo. Those losses still anger me. Yesterday was always going to be close. Brisbane are a side of guns that's just lacking some finishing touches.

Brisbane are the best bottom side i have ever seen. 

Our effort wasn't perfect, but the players were switched on, it was just plain hard work. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, praha said:

But Praha didn't you nearly break your hand hitting a seat at half time? And by the way did you do that in the northern stand in Melbourne Reserved area where I was sitting nearby? 

1 hour ago, Earl Hood said:

But Praha didn't you nearly break your hand hitting a seat at half time? And by the way did you do that in the northern stand in Melbourne Reserved area where I was sitting nearby? 

That was because they ran from one of the ground to the other and scored a goal on the half time siren without a Melbourne player touching the ball. I was referencing that. And no I sit in the peasants section (afl members).

I was in some sort of Melbourne membership for a couple of seasons that sat around that Bay N12 N13 and to be honest I stopped going because it was so sterile and boring.  I love a bit of the banter & cut & thrust between opposition supporters. I found that N13 area to be very much the "go dees" brigade and you even got a tut tut should you dare get stuck into the white maggots. 

I guess you can't take the old VFA days out of the boy  

Firstly, if you've been turning up every week for 10 years to support this [censored] weak mob you deserve more than some keyboard warrior on Demonland starting an internet thread to condemn you.

Secondly, if flogs like you can't see how pathetic players like Tyson and Garlett are (just watch their turnovers and missed goals in the first half) then you must be super happy accepting mediocrity and being a mid-table team.

Another win for the PC crew ensuring that everything said at the footy is 100% positive. Flogs. 

• Like 1

Agree your sentiments on Tyson.
Turnover merchant of the highest order.
Put him up for trade.

Problem is .... Most of our players are butchers with the Cpt Jones being one of the worst.

Edited by Fork 'em

On 21/08/2017 at 7:52 AM, praha said:

Brisbane are finishing strong? Better than north? Last week was a warning signal 

7 hours ago, Watts Jurrah Dunn? said:

Firstly, if you've been turning up every week for 10 years to support this [censored] weak mob you deserve more than some keyboard warrior on Demonland starting an internet thread to condemn you.

Secondly, if flogs like you can't see how pathetic players like Tyson and Garlett are (just watch their turnovers and missed goals in the first half) then you must be super happy accepting mediocrity and being a mid-table team.

Another win for the PC crew ensuring that everything said at the footy is 100% positive. Flogs. 

Don't worry boys we've found him!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1