2017 Clash Guernsey

SaberFang

2017 Clash Guernsey  

194 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's just embrace the full red kit with a little blue and grey! Could also become iconic. Carlton are the ones that have appropriated the navy blue. Essendon have moved away from the dominant red strip. It may look quite silly, but who cares. Hawthorn have embraced the power ranger silliness. I think they've been trolling the AFL for years anyway. Go full ugly and the opposition will fear us more!

Edited by DominatrixTyson

10 hours ago, Bossdog said:

I thought that this years one was pretty good........If we have to wear white, which all clubs have to, I would've stuck with this years.

Why do we have to wear white?? If we only had one guernsey (plus red socks) who on earth do we clash with? ?In fact the proposed 'away' strip is worse for clashing (e.g. St Kilda) and what is/was wrong with black and white shorts designating who is the away or home team?

Collingwood are trying to have us believe that by reversing their stripes they have a bona fide 'away' jumper. What crock! They should have a completely different appearance jumper like everybody else and see how their sponsor respond?

• Like 1

For reference, here are some of the other teams 'clash' jumpers for 2016:

http://shop.afl.com.au/geelong-cats-2016-kids-clash-guernsey-119795.phtml

http://shop.afl.com.au/sydney-swans-2016-mens-clash-guernsey-121854.phtml

http://shop.afl.com.au/collingwood-magpies-2016-adult-replica-clash-guernsey-104820.phtml

http://shop.afl.com.au/st-kilda-saints-2016-adults-clash-guernsey-113563.phtml

http://shop.westernbulldogs.com.au/western-bulldogs-2016-mens-on-field-clash-guernsey-pre-sale-121650.phtml

Gee I wonder why clash jumpers are not an issue for any of these clubs fans?  

Should make them replace the white with fluorescent pink and see how happy they would be.

Sorry, I can't upload the images directly, this blog site allows me smaller and smaller file size allowance with every upload.  Down to about 20kb now.

11 minutes ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

When it comes down to it... at least we dont have sleeves Ct4xPYIUMAARpAN.jpg

Or look like some BS superhero outfit.

...But just because other teams make horrendous fashion statements doesn't excuese the violation of white on MFC clash jumpers.  I could handle the MFC equivalent of the above - predominantly red jumper with a stylized M blue in the middle (minus the crappy sleeves) and no white, compared to our current clash jumper.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter

8 hours ago, CBDees said:

Collingwood are trying to have us believe that by reversing their stripes they have a bona fide 'away' jumper. What crock! They should have a completely different appearance jumper like everybody else and see how their sponsor respond?

Sorry, CB, but I can't agree with you on this one.  As much as I hate Collingwood, I have to concede their clash jumper is fine, being predominantly white, as distinct from their traditional, predominantly black jumper.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Or look like some BS superhero outfit.

...But just because other teams make horrendous fashion statements doesn't excuese the violation of white.  I could handle the MFC equivalent of the above - predominantly red jumper with a stylized M blue in the middle (minus the crappy sleeves) and no white compared to our current clash jumper.

Idk why so many here are so offended by the white. Its simple clean and makes telling each other appart so easy. Yeah I preffer the traditional jumpers but if a white jumper is done right then it can look ok. We always have to play the victim because a big club did this or a big club did that. It really makes no difference to us, we are going to have a clash strip every year that is white. A decision that likely comes from the club not from the AFL. So why cant we focus on trying to get a good white design (which is possible) rather than worrying about the colour.

8 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:
10 hours ago, Vagg said:

Agreed.  I personally think it would have looked even better if the white was replaced with pale blue.  (Yeah, I know.  I'm on my own with that opinion...)

Best of a bad lot for sure.

All I will say about this is that the blue outline around the 'V' is too thin. We should have had more blue outlining the V. Then it would have been a perfect clash. It looked like a Sydney jumper

19 hours ago, old dee said:

Oh God here we go again.

We have to have a basic white and this is ok at least it says MFC.

When the team wins 14 games in 2017 I won't care what they are wearing.

Why must we wear white? Why not all red with a blue v?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vagg said:

Sorry, CB, but I can't agree with you on this one.  As much as I hate Collingwood, I have to concede their clash jumper is fine, being predominantly white, as distinct from their traditional, predominantly black jumper.

Collingwood, Swans, Kangas, Cats, Blues and St Kilda are the only teams not forced to introduce another colour (white*) to their guernsey for their away jumper. They only have to 'shuffle deck chairs' in relation to their design (& in Collingwood's case it is merely tokenism)! Let's see how it would turn out if each AFL Club had to introduce another colour in their away version? Then Collingwood wouldn't look so smug! 

* In fact Collingwood have no colours on their Guernsey as white and black are both "tones"!

6 hours ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Can you imagine making the finals for the first time in over a decade and being forced to wear that?

Imagine playing a grand final in that!

If we make the grand final I couldn't care what we wear.

I don't see the need for clash jumpers at all, as long as one team wears light shorts and the other dark. Having said that, if we have to have a clash jumper, I really can't get excited one way or the other about what it looks like. I'll just care about the score at the end of the game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

All I will say about this is that the blue outline around the 'V' is too thin. We should have had more blue outlining the V. Then it would have been a perfect clash. It looked like a Sydney jumper

I quite like the passive aggressive idea of designing clash jumpers that clash with other teams thereby encouraging the AFL to dump the whole concept and go back to traditional jumpers for all teams in all games.

• Like 2

My email to the club.  I know i sound like a fool but i do not care.

Hello Mighty Demons

Isn’t it time to see logic and tell the AFL what to do with their ruling that we must wear a while clash jumper?

What is wrong with the below?  How does this clash with the clubs that we have to wear the strip for?

All you need to do is look at our #1 fan forum, Demonland, and see what the fans are saying.

Why can’t we the members have a say in decisions about what our team looks like when it runs out onto the field?

That abomination that has been created by New Balance is about the worst piece of merchandise I have ever seen, please tell me that it is not in production yet and it can be changed.

I do realise that sometimes teams request to wear a clash strip as some players have difficulty with the opposition colours.  Clearly the below design would clash with no other team in the AFL, put it to them and ask them which one they would rather wear!

nn3nwQx.png

I just find it ridiculous that the club would not ask us what we think before wasting money on something that very fell will like and purchase.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

If we make the grand final I couldn't care what we wear.

I don't see the need for clash jumpers at all, as long as one team wears light shorts and the other dark. Having said that, if we have to have a clash jumper, I really can't get excited one way or the other about what it looks like. I'll just care about the score at the end of the game.

Amen to that LDC.

I don't even need that much in 2017.

Win 15 games in the 2017 H&A and I will be deliriously happy in any colour.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Choke said:

If Essendon can wear all red, I see no reason why we should be able to as well, as in the middle example below (I know it's been posted multiple times).

dees 3.png

I really really like the middle one as a clash guernsey.

Agree I think it looks great as far as alternate guernsey's go. Plus it keeps the traditional red 'V' which I also like.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, AzzKikA said:

My email to the club.  I know i sound like a fool but i do not care.

Hello Mighty Demons

Isn’t it time to see logic and tell the AFL what to do with their ruling that we must wear a while clash jumper?

What is wrong with the below?  How does this clash with the clubs that we have to wear the strip for?

All you need to do is look at our #1 fan forum, Demonland, and see what the fans are saying.

Why can’t we the members have a say in decisions about what our team looks like when it runs out onto the field?

That abomination that has been created by New Balance is about the worst piece of merchandise I have ever seen, please tell me that it is not in production yet and it can be changed.

I do realise that sometimes teams request to wear a clash strip as some players have difficulty with the opposition colours.  Clearly the below design would clash with no other team in the AFL, put it to them and ask them which one they would rather wear!

nn3nwQx.png

I just find it ridiculous that the club would not ask us what we think before wasting money on something that very fell will like and purchase.

What's the email address to send it to? I'll do the same.

1 hour ago, CBDees said:

Collingwood, Swans, Kangas, Cats, Blues and St Kilda are the only teams not forced to introduce another colour (white*) to their guernsey for their away jumper. They only have to 'shuffle deck chairs' in relation to their design (& in Collingwood's case it is merely tokenism)! Let's see how it would turn out if each AFL Club had to introduce another colour in their away version? Then Collingwood wouldn't look so smug! 

* In fact Collingwood have no colours on their Guernsey as white and black are both "tones"!

depends on your reference point

to a physicist they are not colours (nor is green, purple etc), but to an artist they are colours :lol: