THE BOMBERS' DOPING SAGA - THE FAT LADY SINGS

Whispering_Jack

34 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

WARNING

unless you have a particularly strong stomach i would strongly urge you not to read today's hun. It is all that was predicted and more

Robbo's bias used to be funny but I am beginning to worry about his mental state with the amount of Inna curate deluded bial he is spouting on this topic. I always thought Journos had to be vaguely intelligent, Robbo proves that isn't necessarily the case. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Abe said:

Just read the Sun, how the hell is Slobbo employed in the media, that was the most biased load of rubbish i've ever seen! how can the AFL allow so much positive talk around a bloke who with his mates made a mockery of their rules and showed the whole world just how much integrity and strength the league really has.

The truth is that the AFL are very often behind the stance of the journos. very few are independent of the grasp and if you wish to keep your accreditation  then you don't rock the boat.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dr evil said:

Under the rules of the AFL if the player with the most votes is deemed ineligible  for the award the award goes to the player or players with the next highest amount of votes, so the players involved in my opinion have a very strong case to be awarded Brownlows, it's the highest individual honor in the game and they shouldn't miss out on the award because Jobe did the wrong thing, i would think the players association would be very keen to argue this point for them.

I agree they've got a strong case. But think of the principled mob they'll be arguing it to. Might as well write a letter to Santa. It'll have the same impact. (Tthey might get their wish, or a lump of coal.)

The AFLPA will be very keen to argue the point, unless Gil tells them that they're in fact not keen to argue it.

Robbo is entitled to his opinion, right or wrong, questioning his sanity is a bit rich, he just has a bigger forum than here to express it.

Not everybody agrees with the majority of opinions expressed on here, which are based on nothing more than other reporting of the matter, we are all free to choose which version we believe

Until Dank and Hird fess up the truth will never be out there

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Robbo is entitled to his opinion, right or wrong, questioning his sanity is a bit rich, he just has a bigger forum than here to express it.

Not everybody agrees with the majority of opinions expressed on here, which are based on nothing more than other reporting of the matter, we are all free to choose which version we believe

Until Dank and Hird fess up the truth will never be out there

My biggest issue is that he's pushing a message that doesn't make sense, Jobe himself claimed he handed the medal back to protect what the award stands for but that's rubbish, if that was ever his real concern he would have handed it back the day the appeal failed, not months later when word starts getting around that the AFL was going to take it. 

the thing Jobe is clearly missing is that if he doesn't know what he took, he doesn't know he didn't do what he's been accused of and therefor he doesn't KNOW that he hasn't cheated. 

but he swears black and blue that he's done nothing wrong, implying that he knows for sure that he hasn't taken anything illegal, or feels that he's been duped, but he didn't ask questions, or bang WADA's door down to make sure he was clean, as players are instructed to do if they aren't sure. 

if it were me i'd be really keen to hand it back if i wasn't 100% sure what i'd done was within the rules, so i can't understand why he would feel he has any right to keep it if he couldn't prove he's done the right thing ( keeping in mind that providing accurate records of all substances he's taken is in his agreement and a job requirement and there is absolutely no excuse for any player under any circumstances not doing this )

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Chris said:

The truth is that the AFL are very often behind the stance of the journos. very few are independent of the grasp and if you wish to keep your accreditation  then you don't rock the boat.

The AFL will love this spin.....those nasty WADA ppl !!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I am reading Slobbos article now 

What an absolute Bucket of steaming Poo he has written. 

Makes me furious that he "Represents" the voice of Football. 

All 34 should have recieved a life Ban if they could not produce evidence, and not one of them could

let alone keep a Brownlow

FFS. You are Pathetic Robinson..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dr evil said:

That the AFL allows such rubbish to be printed on its website speaks volumes. 

Produce some Paperwork Hird...or was it all shredded?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dr evil said:

I think they could very strongly argue that they should be awarded one. 

Remember whatever the motivation, Jobe handed it back, it was not yet taken from him. 

To me therefore there was no winner in that year and 2nd place is not the winner. 

Might have been different if he been stripped of the medal by the AFL. 

I for one do not believe that Jobe knowingly took banned drugs. However, he has been found guilty of drug in sport offences. 

I predict a successful career after footy for Jobe, in the media, or in the AFL either coaching or within the AFL admin and a very large compo payment via the Bombers. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

That the AFL allows such rubbish to be printed on its website speaks volumes. 

Produce some Paperwork Hird...or was it all shredded?

it encourages it !!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Remember whatever the motivation, Jobe handed it back, it was not yet taken from him. I think a tap on the shoulder accompanied by a 'cough" more likley

To me therefore there was no winner in that year and 2nd place is not the winner.  On this I concur

Might have been different if he been stripped of the medal by the AFL. Again, agree, there would have been a void to fill

I for one do not believe that Jobe knowingly took banned drugs. However, he has been found guilty of drug in sport offences. I'm not with you here at all.i.e  He may not have known ALL that he took but given the waivers etc and that to which he openly admitted to  he wasn't mr Gullible.  He knew it was bent !!

I predict a successful career after footy for Jobe, in the media, or in the AFL either coaching or within the AFL admin and a very large compo payment via the Bombers. Couldnt give a ....  He brought shame to a coveted award and tainted a Name that had no defence.

He has had a long time to ponder his actions. They speak as often do louder than words. There is no honour in what he's done, only personal expedience.

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

Remember whatever the motivation, Jobe handed it back, it was not yet taken from him. 

To me therefore there was no winner in that year and 2nd place is not the winner. 

Might have been different if he been stripped of the medal by the AFL. 

I for one do not believe that Jobe knowingly took banned drugs. However, he has been found guilty of drug in sport offences. 

I predict a successful career after footy for Jobe, in the media, or in the AFL either coaching or within the AFL admin and a very large compo payment via the Bombers. 

redleg, i don't doubt the afl will officially strip him of the medal come tuesday. only the governing body can do that. all watson has done is return it for their decision, returning it at the last moment is a bit reminiscent of essendon "self reporting" only when they heard the axe was about to fall.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chook fowler said:

Maybe I'm naive but I think the players were victims of Tirds malfeasance.

To a degree I agree. they are victims of trusting the wrong people. fact is though that they trusted the very people you are trained not to in an ASADA sense. As an athlete you are trained to trust no one but ASADA with the stress of what you take. Therefore they are also victims of their own poor judgement. 

• Like 1

No one will ever convince  me the likes of Watson didnt realise it wasn't quite on the up and up. .

41 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

No one will ever convince  me the likes of Watson didnt realise it wasn't quite on the up and up. .

He served a 1 year suspension for drug cheating, and had to hand back his illegally won brownlow.

The history books will not include the insane writing of slobbo etc.

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

Lifetime banter everywhere for this fellow......

Caroline's article in the Age was nothing short of apologetic nonsense well short of her standard.

Is Tuesday going to be now the most shameful day in Australian and AFL Sport

• Like 1

Just now, willmoy said:

Caroline's article in the Age was nothing short of apologetic nonsense well short of her standard.

Is Tuesday going to be now the most shameful day in Australian and AFL Sport

the afl like breaking records, w. it's good for business i'm told (and bonuses)