2016 Player Review - # 15 Billy Stretch

Demonland

Stretch made good strides forward at the club and established himself as a clever outside running player of skill and quality who can only get better.

Games MFC 2016 16

Career Total 27

Goals MFC 2016 3

Career Total 5

Games CSFC 2016 2

Goals CSFC 2016 0

Keith "Bluey" Truscott Memorial Trophy 149 votes

Most of us are excited by his talent, and it's easy to forget he's just a baby still. Was 19 for the duration of the season.

If he plays every game and a final next year he'll play his 50th game in the final, in the week of his 21st birthday. Unlikely to happen in reality, but it paints a picture of just how far away he is from full tilt yet. 

Great example of sensible development of young talent by the MFC. Has played low minutes and missed games to date, meaning the experience he has accumulated has been under less pressure. Looking forward to Billy's workload being ramped up over the next 2-3 years as he clearly has the ability and drive.

• Like 4

Probably the one I forget the easiest when I think of our young talent, but he is the one that pleasantly surprises me the most when I watch him play. He is both hard and smooth, and can only get better, I think.

• Like 1

Billy is diligent, hard working, extremely reliable and has good skills,  His development in the short time he has been on our list has been as good as any, and he definitely sits comfortably as one of our 'young guns' (albeit that his name rarely comes up when footy discussions turn to the Dees ............ outside these pages of course!).  A gem, who will get the recognition that he deserves over what i expect to be a long career in our colours.

• Like 6

Been a surprise packet for me.

Embarrassed to admit it but he's easy to forget when putting together a best 22. I've almost seen him as a bonus of sorts. should carve out a fine career.

• Like 1

Has the tools to be a very, very good player in the future. Quite possibly a Shaun Burgoyne type when he matures and bulks up a little bit more. Saying that, he makes up for his lack of size and strength with his class with ball in hand and attitude. Strikes me as very professional individual as well. 

His goal against Hawthorn was also a defining moment for the club. 

He and ANB were always going to be compared because they were friends growing up, played a lot of football together and were taken close to each in other in the draft.

Last year I would have said ANB was ahead, but this year Stretch as improved so much and left ANB in his wake.

Stretch is just so clean with the ball and rarely makes an error.  He has excellent acceleration which helps him break away and use the ball in space.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

FROZEN by Whispering Jack

Who would have thought?    Collingwood had a depleted side with several star players out injured, Max Gawn was in stellar form, Christian Petracca at the top of his game and Simon Goodwin was about to pull off a masterstroke in setting Alex Neal-Bullen onto him to do a fantastic job in subduing the Magpies' best player. Goody had his charges primed to respond robustly to the challenge of turning around their disappointing performance against Fremantle in Alice Springs. And if not that, t

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 5

TURNAROUND by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons won their first game at home this year in the traditional King’s Birthday Weekend clash with Collingwood VFL on Sunday in a dramatic turnaround on recent form that breathed new life into the beleaguered club’s season. The Demons led from the start to record a 52-point victory. It was their highest score and biggest winning margin by far for the 2024 season. Under cloudy but calm conditions for Casey Fields, the home side, wearing the old Springvale guernsey as a mark of res

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

After two disappointing back to back losses the Demons have the bye in Round 14 and then face perennial cellar dweller North Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday night in Round 15. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 92

PODCAST: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 11th June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Magpies in the Round 13 on Kings Birthday. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. L

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 33

VOTES: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Magpies. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 41

POSTGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Once again inaccuracy and inefficiency going inside 50 rears it's ugly head as the Demons suffered their second loss on the trot and their fourth loss in five games as they go down to the Pies by 38 points on Kings Birthday at the MCG.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 413

GAMEDAY: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

It's Game Day and the Demons are once again faced with a classic 8 point game against a traditional rival on King's Birthday at the MCG. A famous victory will see them reclaim a place in the Top 8 whereas a loss will be another blow for their finals credentials.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 941

BOILED LOLLIES by The Oracle

In the space of a month Melbourne has gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in terms of its standing as a candidate for the AFL premiership.  The club faces its moment of truth against a badly bruised up Collingwood at the MCG. A win will give it some respite but even then, it won’t be regarded particularly well being against an opponent carrying the burden of an injured playing list. A loss would be a disaster. The Demons have gone from a six/two win/loss ratio and a strong percentag

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3

CLEAN HANDS by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons headed into town and up Sydney Road to take on the lowly Coburg Lions who have been perennial VFL easy beats and sitting on one win for the season. Last year, Casey beat them in a practice match when resting their AFL listed players. That’s how bad they were. Nobody respected them on Saturday and clearly not the Demons who came to the game with 22 players (ten MFC), but whether they came out to play is another matter because for the most part, their intensity was lacking an

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!