Delistings

junk

I did a bit of checking on HL's contract and I think it is a 3 year deal (ie OOC 2017) with an 'optional' year for 2018.  I'm guessing this is like the Cloke, Bartell contracts where the 'optional' year is based on certain triggers. 

Unless, H retires (and there is no indication of that) I can't see him being delisted.

55 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

The biggest myth about Lumumba is that he is quick.

Over his first five metres he's not much quicker than Trengove, if you don't have quick acceleration then you're not quick.

How would we know?

He always seems to find a pack less than 5 metres away and runs into it.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

He got concussed. What we know about concussion now constitutes as a serious injury, not to mention the psychological impact.

I reckon he'll be back and do very, very well.

Don't think he was concussed in 2015.  Just played terrible football in the main season, after some good games in the NAB Cup.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Abe said:

I suspect in a lot of cases the decisions have been made and the players possibly already know, or have a strong indication of which way it'll go.

I was wondering yesterday after Plapps statement on the Mfc website thanking everyone during the week, IF Roosy told them, all who are going, before he finished his last week.

I thought that Plapp statement, sounded to me like bad timing, Re the VFL Grand Final.

The boys seemed to come out flat after half time, after banging in earlier.  Were they distracted, and did they take their minds eye off the ball.  dis appointed.

33 minutes ago, DV8 said:

I was wondering yesterday after Plapps statement on the Mfc website thanking everyone during the week, IF Roosy told them, all who are going, before he finished his last week.

I thought that Plapp statement, sounded to me like bad timing, Re the VFL Grand Final.

The boys seemed to come out flat after half time, after banging in earlier.  Were they distracted, and did they take their minds eye off the ball.  dis appointed.

It wouldn't be Roosy doing the telling and it is highly unlikely it would be done while a team had a live chance.

Will happen in the coming days.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DV8 said:

Agree DV8. There was something not quite right with both the timing and wording of Plapp's statement( It was more suited to after the VFL GF). Does Goodwin want someone else coaching Casey?

Edited by Lord Ivanhoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DV8 said:

So you're suggesting that they had a crack till half time, remembered that they had been told they were being delisted, and came out flat after half time?

What sort of logic is that?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

Don't think he was concussed in 2015.  Just played terrible football in the main season, after some good games in the NAB Cup.

The fact that he had operations in both ankles at the end of 2015 would suggest that he was dealing with some kind of injury issue throughout 2015.

Thought he had a couple of really solid games after he came back in - before the concussions etc. etc.

• Like 1

I think a lot of people will be surprised with trades/delisting this year. 

I wouldn't be surprised with

Grimes - Most likely traded if possible  (out of respect) or Delisted.

Terlich - Delisted 

Michie - Delisted

Dawes -  1 yr deal (as emergency) with deal in place with emphasis on coaching.

Pedersen - 1 or 2 yr deal

Anb - Cant believe ppl talk about trading this little gem. I personally think he is not playing in his preferred position that suits his attributes.  Nobody can deny he cant get the footy. 25-30 touches each vfl game which to me says he can get it,  knows where to hunt it so he should be forward pocket which for all we know he will be as the coaching instructions have been to play him midfield to fir certain reasons unknown to us. Will not be traded. 

Newton - Can play but odds on to be delisted or traded 

Matt Jones - Traded or delisted

King - deliste

Dunn/Garland - 1 will be traded

* almost back to a normal footy club where its obvious 4 each year get turfed. Note though we also have 2 decent players in b category in maynard and Smith most have forgotten we have which is like 2 extra picks next year

Thoughts?

• Like 3

With so many potential candidates to get rid of, I can't see us making the eight next year due to no 1st round pick (keep or trade ) and we lack key backup players.Really we need a miracle. to Moonshadow IDGARA on your cryptic comment.

7 minutes ago, ENYAW said:

With so many potential candidates to get rid of, I can't see us making the eight next year due to no 1st round pick (keep or trade ) and we lack key backup players.Really we need a miracle. to Moonshadow IDGARA on your cryptic comment.

Do you honestly believe us making the eight hinges on whether or not we have 1st round pick?

• Like 1

Leehow,if we had a 1st round pick we could trade it for more later picks,keep it  or pick up someone of value and since we don't seem to have many reserve players to step up to senior level we will struggle next year. We may very well make the eight next year and would be good. Where do you expect us to finish next year?

Michie (Rookie), Max King (rookie),  Terlich, Newton, Matt Jones, Pedersen, Dawes = delist

Grimes = walk as free agent

Dunn, Garland = trade for what we can get

Hogan traded in worst case scenario and Nibbler if we get offered something good for him

Wagner upgraded

White to get a 3rd year on rookie list & Smith a 2nd year

So that gives us 7 senior list vacancies (if Hogan & Nibbler stay) & 3 rookie list spots. Would allow us to trade in Hibberd and possibly one more experienced player, 4 picks at the draft and maybe a DFA. Or someone like Matt Jones may in fact get a 1 year extension.

• Like 1

On 25/09/2016 at 5:16 PM, spirit of norm smith said:

agree... Gone - Dawes  Terlich  M.Jones Newton Grimes   Garland (trade)  Spencer (trade) Michie(r) Max King (r)

ins ... Hibberd & Melksham... more pace & heart.

Melksham already in

Edited by Salems Lot

20 minutes ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

I saw enough of ANB on the weekend to validate his decision making and execution by foot are not up to it. In contract but trade if opportunity to improve position is there.

An atypical game for ANB. He was excellent in the Qual final when we smashed them by 12 goals, and the Dogs picked him out as the one to be paid special attention. And they picked right - once they stopped him, we found it really difficult to move the ball forward and get any flow going, despite Clarrie's great clearance game. He was wearing Jed Adcock like an extra shirt for much of the game. Who tags anybody in the VFL?? He's prob never been tagged in his life before. The Dogs realised far better than we did how much the Scorps' running game - which carved them up in the Qual final - and that he was the key to it, and they did a brilliant job of stopping him.

• Like 3