• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

2 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Within 5 months, not in 5 months

Ok, but I never understood the rationale behind GNF's 6 month timeframe. As CIP has stated, only Hogan's signature before tradeweek is a desirable outcome for the club.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chook in Perth said:

This will be finished by the middle of October.

It's this black and white - either he signs the 6 years on the table, or he'll be traded.

Club will not not have this crap going on for another 12 months.

What crap, all the crap is either on here or in the media, unless you are in the club now, nobody has any idea what is actually going on

3 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Ok, but I never understood the rationale behind GNF's 6 month timeframe. As CIP has stated, only Hogan's signature before tradeweek is a desirable outcome for the club.

The six month timeframe actually first appeared in a newspaper article (I referenced it in an earlier post in this discussion, but can't be arsed looking for it now).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hardtack said:

The six month timeframe actually first appeared in a newspaper article (I referenced it in an earlier post in this discussion, but can't be arsed looking for it now).

And it's was Jesse who said it. Something like, "Hopefully it'll be sorted in the next 6 months, if I re-sign or whatever"

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Mickey said:

And it's was Jesse who said it. Something like, "Hopefully it'll be sorted in the next 6 months, if I re-sign or whatever"

Ok, I relented and tracked down my post:

Nonsense... as has already been mentioned in this "discussion", the news that Hogan would like to remain a Demon is NOT new information at all... it was in the press on July 21 and the only difference is that GNF is claiming that he got the info from the inner sanctum:

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/melbournes-jesse-hogan-shuts-down-dockers-advances-20160720-gqaa8f.html

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, SaberFang said:

Yep, hopefully meaningless but it's easy to read into the single use of Jesse's photo here (and the accompanying text).

Would be an almighty coincidence, considering most other player photos are used on 3-4 different memberships.

The top five in the B and F, the Mac brothers, a team group photo, Mr Personality, and Jesse, oh no? it is a conspiracy....actually good marketing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mickey said:

That's  totally different to GNF's statement that Hogan had committed to the club. 

2 minutes ago, mo64 said:

That's  totally different to GNF's statement that Hogan had committed to the club. 

Yes, and that was what was new about GNF's post.

I am not saying he is right or wrong, simply stating that a decision either way in October is not out of his timeframe

40 minutes ago, mo64 said:

GNF stated that he's committed, and would re-sign in 5 months from now. That's not October on my calendar.

Some people take the meaning that suits their agenda

On 9/12/2016 at 3:19 PM, GawnWithTheWind said:

I wonder why the non-casey players havn't had their exit interviews yet?

I saw that Viney was in Thailand, maybe a few of them have?

Do they normally do them all together?

It's 11 degrees and raining in Melbourne. The word "Thailand" Should be censored with asterisks as it conjures up all sorts of fantasy's

Edited by DominatrixTyson

2 hours ago, PaulRB said:

If it is to be, that Hogan goes home to Perth. What would be the likely scenario...

What would we reasonably be able to get from Freo in return? 

And how could we, in turn, use this to make us a better team?

ps I want Hogan to stay, but trust the FD to maximise our return should he choose to leave.

Any of;

Straight swap for Fyfe.

Pick 3 & Weller or

Pick 12 & Gaff

On 9/7/2016 at 2:17 PM, P-man said:

Surely he knows a hashtag of #staytuned is going to be a mind [censored].

He's like the hot bird who parades herself in front of you saying "you know you want this".

Yes, I do. Very much. Now please give it.

Gee I hope you're right.

51 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

What crap, all the crap is either on here or in the media, unless you are in the club now, nobody has any idea what is actually going on

What an incredibly naive post. Just because you don't know what's going on with the Hogan situation, and most people on here don't know, doesn't mean there aren't certain people who do.

Jesse's family, his mates, and people close to the club would all know far more than us.

CIP has given great information before, he's a fanatical Demon who gets tidbits of info from people at the club from time to time.

If you don't believe this happens then you are kidding yourself. Just because you haven't heard a piece of information from one of your "mates" the players, doesn't mean it isn't true.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Members' Wing said:

What an incredibly naive post. Just because you don't know what's going on with the Hogan situation, and most people on here don't know, doesn't mean there aren't certain people who do.

Jesse's family, his mates, and people close to the club would all know far more than us.

CIP has given great information before, he's a fanatical Demon who gets tidbits of info from people at the club from time to time.

If you don't believe this happens then you are kidding yourself. Just because you haven't heard a piece of information from one of your "mates" the players, doesn't mean it isn't true.

I get information from the club, apart from the players from time to time myself, but I don't put it on here, so I do know it happens but again for anybody that is not listening and I will put it in bold

UNLESS IT IS OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED, NO PLAYER OR OFFICIAL WILL DIVULGE CORRECT INFORMATION ON EITHER INJURY OR CONTRACT

So at this moment unless you are (a) Jesse Hogan, a member of his immediate family or his manager and you have not divulged to the club you are not staying or (b) the List Manager and Senior Coach at Melbourne Football Club if you have divulged you are not staying, and in both cases you are willing to identify yourself as such on here,. it is all conjecture/rumour/media hype/[censored]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AngryAtCasey said:

Any of;

Straight swap for Fyfe.

Pick 3 & Weller or

Pick 12 & Gaff

Do you think Pick 12 would be worth giving up for Steven Motlop? (#3 obv not) People might think this is overs, but as you saw on Friday night, he made an impact. Footy Classified brought up Geelong wanting future draft picks and needing to get rid of a player who might be asking for 600,700k 

Gaff & Motlop, Hibberd wouldn't be a bad trade period to receive for Hogan & Pick 27 While still retaining next years 1st & 2nd round picks

We would just have to look for a Ruck/Fwd, Drop Gawn back more often and put more weight on Watts shoulders and give Wiedemann/Hulett/ Son of Smith some time in the seniors. We could develop quite an athletic and pacey small forward line with the caveat of an unpredictable Vardy/Gawn combo 

Edited by DominatrixTyson

28 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I get information from the club, apart from the players from time to time myself, but I don't put it on here, so I do know it happens but again for anybody that is not listening and I will put it in bold

UNLESS IT IS OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED, NO PLAYER OR OFFICIAL WILL DIVULGE CORRECT INFORMATION ON EITHER INJURY OR CONTRACT

So at this moment unless you are (a) Jesse Hogan, a member of his immediate family or his manager and you have not divulged to the club you are not staying or (b) the List Manager and Senior Coach at Melbourne Football Club if you have divulged you are not staying, and in both cases you are willing to identify yourself as such on here,. it is all conjecture/rumour/media hype/[censored]

Wrong. A couple of years ago, I was given info by a close relative of a senior club official about the likely destination of a player on the move. The media were reporting another club as being the destination, and my source was proven correct.

As Members Wing said, you are naive to think that information of this nature doesn't leak out.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Wrong. A couple of years ago, I was given info by a close relative of a senior club official about the likely destination of a player on the move. The media were reporting another club as being the destination, and my source was proven correct.

As Members Wing said, you are naive to think that information of this nature doesn't leak out.

A guess that was correct, please, I could do that and big note myself as well, but I share very little of the inside information I have because I believe I shouldn't, every one of us can do that and have a guess, and you have a 50/50 chance of being right.

8 minutes ago, mo64 said:

information of this nature doesn't leak out.

it usually leaks out just before it is announced officially, as it becomes common knowledge inside the club as the media story is prepared, if it leaks at all.

I have spoken to both players and officials at the club asking about this very thing, and was told what I have written above is more the norm, it is not taken very well if they find somebody leaking stories, particularly about injury or contract issues.

7 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

A guess that was correct, please, I could do that and big note myself as well, but I share very little of the inside information I have because I believe I shouldn't, every one of us can do that and have a guess, and you have a 50/50 chance of being right.

it usually leaks out just before it is announced officially, as it becomes common knowledge inside the club as the media story is prepared, if it leaks at all.

I have spoken to both players and officials at the club asking about this very thing, and was told what I have written above is more the norm, it is not taken very well if they find somebody leaking stories, particularly about injury or contract issues.

It is crazy to think that you don't believe that both players and officials talk to their relatives and mates. I had a few beers with my Cats mate after our mauling down there a few weeks ago. He discussed both potential player movement from his club (not him, he'd never leave Geelong) and injury details with me. That's me talking crap with an old school mate, someone I've known all my life. An actual friend rather than the tolerated acquaintance you are of the MFC players. But I am none of those things you mentioned above as the only possible people who could have inside information - I don't have sources within the MFC, I'm not "in the know", I'm not a player manager or club official or a member of Jesse's family.

The info he told me isn't a guess, it's not a 50/50 chance of being right like you've said.

There are a million examples of things like this happening. I repeat: you're unbelievably naïve if you think they don't.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

So you've gone from  "UNLESS IT IS OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED, NO PLAYER OR OFFICIAL WILL DIVULGE CORRECT INFORMATION ON EITHER INJURY OR CONTRACT" to "what I have written above is more the norm".

There are so many parties involved, and each of these parties have friends, relatives and work associates. It's not hard for stories to be leaked.

BTW, the info I was given wasn't a guess. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Members' Wing said:

It is crazy to think that you don't believe that both players and officials talk to their relatives and mates. I had a few beers with my Cats mate after our mauling down there a few weeks ago. He discussed both potential player movement from his club (not him, he'd never leave Geelong) and injury details with me. That's me talking crap with an old school mate, someone I've known all my life. An actual friend rather than the tolerated acquaintance you are of the MFC players. But I am none of those things you mentioned above as the only possible people who could have inside information - I don't have sources within the MFC, I'm not "in the know", I'm not a player manager or club official or a member of Jesse's family.

The info he told me isn't a guess, it's not a 50/50 chance of being right like you've said.

There are a million examples of things like this happening. I repeat: you're unbelievably naïve if you think they don't.

I could talk about potential player movement, this board is full of potential player movement, we all have conversations, whether the potential move happens, that is the point I am making, Jesse has the potential to move to Freo, whether he does, nobody knows, there can be a million conversations about a potential move

As for injury I have discussed Lumumba's concussion on this board today, because it is a known fact and I had a good chat to him about it, but if you ask about a player during the season, you get the straight bat

Interesting you had to throw that bit in to make sure that we know you have a friend who is a present player, and I am only 'tolerated', making what you type much more believable I assume