Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

MATCH PREVIEW & TEAM SELECTION - ROUND 2, 2016

Demonland

I'm hoping we can add Goddard to the 'Jack Viney made me cry thread.'

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

Wow, from you, did u blush when typing that  public board  suck it up sweetheart, astonished that hate is used on this board so often such a destructive word,  this is only footy

"From you" seems to be your default response. I rarely, if ever have generalised and had a crack at everyone on here. You do it every time you post, and it's pathetic. 

It is only footy, try just talking about it, instead of being a white knight, creep of a bloke. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, stevethemanjordan said:

The fact is, if we can't convert more inside 50's into shots on goal/goals then we will find ourselves in a dog fight.

I have absolutely no concerns over our side at the contest, but it's what happens after we win the ball that continues to concern. We simply don't have the footskills accross the board to be really damaging going forward but our players can definitely be smarter and I think that's what I'm most looking forward to seeing.

As a poster previously said, we're kidding ourselves if we think the answer isbanging it long to a pack situation where Hogan is a one in 10 chance of marking it. Last week we were ranked 18th for inside 50 conversions and we nearly lost the game because of it.

'4-quarter effort' can mean a variety of things. I don't think our effort at the contest dropped off last week. We were always on top. But our 'effort' going forward wasn't where it needs to be. Effort includes smarts, discipline and decision making. 

That particular side of our game remains a work in progress and will improve over time when we start adding some class and outside run. But this weekend is the perfect game to try and execute this side of our game and if we do it well we should have them on toast.

best summation of round 1 ive read

29 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

"From you" seems to be your default response. I rarely, if ever have generalised and had a crack at everyone on here. You do it every time you post, and it's pathetic. 

It is only footy, try just talking about it, instead of being a white knight, creep of a bloke. 

You just had a personalised crack at me, so what you wrote is incorrect, you really do need to read some of your posts before you actually post them, as I said if you don't like what I post don't read them, it is not going to break my heart......white knight, armour is a bit rusty and creaky for that

1 minute ago, Satyriconhome said:

You just had a personalised crack at me, so what you wrote is incorrect, you really do need to read some of your posts before you actually post them, as I said if you don't like what I post don't read them, it is not going to break my heart......white knight, armour is a bit rusty and creaky for that

I had a crack at you, I don't throw everyone on here in the same boat as you. If I did I wouldn't post here. 

14 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

I had a crack at you, I don't throw everyone on here in the same boat as you. If I did I wouldn't post here. 

What sort of boat is it? Is the Essendone "Six months on a leaky boat" type of boat?

2 minutes ago, demoniac said:

Half of Essendon's side is VFL standard.

We should hand out an absolute shellacking.

Will we? This build does seem to have a stiffer backbone than previous.

Is the shellacking on the outside of the boat? Because that would make the boat harder. However if its on the players, the shellacking will cover them in goo. They love it!

19 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

He already did his blubbering in an interview cos he was so emotional about having sold out and ditched St.Kilda for the $$$$

Yes... goddardly knew what hit him

9 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I was surprised they dropped Bird and Simpkin. Both senior bodies with experience who could give the kids a chop out.

I mean they have named Parish as rover and he has to come up against the likes of Jones Viney Oliver Brayshaw and Vandenberg......

Ah whilst not exactly "revenge" Dazzle man, the irony of your commentary is that a Fledging Parish will come up against the solid Granite of City Hall and all its entrieties!

Good luck Darcy!!

Edited by picket fence

Selections are interesting, we've dropped two talls and added a galloping half-back and a hard-at-it midfielder.

I'll be a little worried about the height of Daniher getting them a few goals.

Meanwhile, they seem to think Looburger on an interrupted pre-season can ruck solo against Gawn. Okey dokey.

They don't have any 'serious' key defender to control Hogan, so will probably try to double-tag him. But that leaves "All-day Pederson" do just run some poor bugger into the ground, and Watts, Garlett and half our midfield rotating in to wreak havoc.

We're going to bring a much bigger, much fitter, and much harder midfield unit than them.

They have a scattering of dangerous players, Zaharakis, Goddard, Daniher, the Merrets. But they don't have a coherent or dangerous team.

Just compare to last week - where is the fleet of deadly attacking midfielders that troubled us so much?

Very confident, as long as we turn up to hunt.

• Like 3

Seems a bit silly naming this game as sort of a statement game but we need to come out from the start and make a statement. 7 or 8 goals to 0 in the first 30 minutes and go on with it for a big win. This is the sort of game that we are used to dropping, huge opportunity to go 2-0 and set the season up from here. Gawn should dominate an underdone Leuenberger. Defenders shouldn't have to many threats apart from Daniher. Hogan should tear them a new one up forward.

Dees by 87 

Hogan to kick 7

Edited by JV7

40 minutes ago, The Song Formerly Known As said:

When did we last smash and embarrass a team? Has happened plenty to us but I cannot remember when we last did it to a team?

we must do it today. Be brutal. Be relentless. Bully a side!

I'm more filthy over the loss to Essewhos? last year. Bury this memory today and I won't mention this (or Blues game) again.

P.S. - I walk around in the summer time saying "how about this heat?".....

1 hour ago, ProDee said:

Ever heard of the phenomenon known as "whingeing Pom" ?

Racial vilification    nice     regard myself as Australian after serving the country  not whingeing  just find some of the puerile negative childish posting laughable   after all allowed my opinion    back on topic expect good games from both Matt Jones and Jack Watts    think with new team mindset   if we compete we win

Edited by Satyriconhome

Regardless of how much we win by today I want Nathan Jones to insist on a low key singing of the song and to keep celebrations at a minimum. After Richmond defeated Carlton last week I took a screen shot (from the AFL site)of the Richmond players walking off the ground high fiveing each other and carrying on like they had won a final.  I sent it to my mate with the caption "they've already lost next week". If Cotchin was a real captain he wouldn't have allowed his team to sing the song at all. A performance like the one they served up last Thursday night should have been deemed not worthy. By all means celebrate a win but keep it in perspective, our first gamers got the traditional Gatorade shower last week, this week needs to be different. Today is preparation for North next week.

49 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Racial vilification    nice     regard myself as Australian after serving the country  not whingeing  just find some of the puerile negative childish posting laughable   after all allowed my opinion    back on topic expect good games from both Matt Jones and Jack Watts    think with new team mindset   if we compete we win

Err Racial..?