WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB – JAKE MELKSHAM

Theo

Not a shot at you personally, but how could anyone thrust the clubs judgement, with regards to a specific WADA outcome?

WADA are not appealing for fun, or to fight a losing cause just to show the world that they will chase the accused all the way. They are appealing, bacause they feel that the essedun players are GUILTY of using illegal, performance enhancing drugs, which may end in a 2 year ban for all players involved.

Melbournes heirachy cannot have any inside info, as this is not an episode orchestrated by the AFL, or its lackeys.

If they are found not guilty, and we trade our third round pick for Milkman, then all is good, and I would be reasonably happy with that.

BUT

Trade anything higher, and have Melksham put out of the game for ANY length of time due to a guilty finding, and I would be up the front, leading the chorus of voices demanding that whoever orchestrated the trade, be run out of our club forever, and that includes the coach in waiting.

Simply cannot believe that we are looking at anyone from essedun. And if the scummers actually did ask for first round pick and Howe, then I would settle for nothing less than pushing him through to the PSD, and giving a nice, oversized, lengthy middle finger to the filthy scum.

Totally agree...

• Like 1

This emailing Paul Roos trend is ridiculous

All the kids are doing it...

To email him about a media beaten up potential trade is laughable. We won't pay our first rounder and Howe for him, no point getting your knickers in a knot over it.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

her [censored] here Roosy,

We're only in the second week of finals for christ sake. I think its ok for supporters and people on this forum to discuss the player and how they would feel about him at Melbourne. But to say that this is a horrible decision and blow the whole trade thing up?

Nothing is signed. I don't know any players that have actually been confirmed going to any club. All speculation and media hype.

Edited by mongrel

Paul Roos has responded to a concerned member's email re. Jake Melksham. Can get the original email if people would like to see it.

Great to see you received a answer , He also answered my emails and replied from his mobile

Great to see you received a answer , He also answered my emails and replied from his mobile

It wasn't me who sent the e-mail. But yes it's great that Roos engages the members like he does

Roos is pure class. Can't believe people are emailing him over a trade that hasn't even happened yet. Although I'm not sold on Melksham, if we get him for a reasonable deal (3rd round pick, maybe an exchange with Howe) then I don't see any problems with it. With guys like Trengove, Petracca, Frost and Kent (plus hopefully a Prestia) pushing for selection next year Melksham way not even be in our best 22. With Melksham, we are trading for depth, not starting 22 players.

Edited by Demon Jack
  • Like 6

Roos is pure class. Can't believe people are emailing him over a trade that hasn't even happened yet. Although I'm not sold on Melksham, if we get him for a reasonable deal (3rd round pick, maybe an exchange with Howe) then I don't see any problems with it. With guys like Trengove, Petracca, Frost and Kent (plus hopefully a Prestia) pushing for selection next year Melksham way not even be in our best 22. With Melksham, we are trading for depth, not starting 22 players.

You could almost just picture Roos shaking his head in disbelief while he is writing that email.

• Like 10

It wasn't me who sent the e-mail. But yes it's great that Roos engages the members like he does

Its great he engages I agree but how about we supporters try to make sure its over something thats actually HAPPENED or is more than a floating piece of fluff. One thing you can be certain of is that, unlike Neeld, Roos etc, isnt looking to trade just for the sake of it. Give the boys some credit if they didnt see something in him they wouldnt be chasing. If they even are!

• Like 1

Greg Denham just reported on SEN that the Bombers have asked for Melbourne's first pick & Howe for Melksham.

Oh dear.

You can only hope that with such a ridiculous request, the Dees and Dons don't get a deal done and he comes to Melbourne for nothing in the PSD.

Did someone mention unreasonable demands?

Easy to see why Essendon never seem to be able to get trades done, much like Collingwood they are so un reasonable. Wouldn't it be funny if GWS trade Treloar to the Tigers because the Pies cannot offer up a reasonable trade???

Was there significant criticism of Bernie Vince when we traded for him? Can't remember.

Think fans were a little uncertain at the very least.

Pick 23 was a pretty decent pick in that draft and Bernie's numbers at Adelaide had been in decline since his B&F year. Change in role played a part, but I don't think anyone thought his form would be as good as it has been. Bernie only had one better year in his Adelaide career than what he's produced for us this year and last.

FWIW Hartung, Lewy Taylor and Zach Merrett were all still on the board at pick 23.

• Like 1

Not all trades work... But can anyone on here state their credentials & exp on player talent... Let's trust the club....

That might be the case. I think it more important that we are not after Melksham if he is part of the WADA case. It doesn't take a footy expert to figure it wouldn't be a good move to recruit him if he was.

Was there significant criticism of Bernie Vince when we traded for him? Can't remember.

Don't remember significant criticism, maybe some reasonable discussion on whether we should have taken a kid with his pick.

There was more criticism of the 'H' trade, and so far that is hardly a winner. At least on ground.

• Like 1

you men like Hird, & maybe Watson, seen O/S recently ???? holidays?

WADA have their pound of flesh,,, & have been seen to sort the issue of supplements in AFL. We all got the message over the last couple of years, its not about vengeance Blzb, its about change.

..... change has happened already.

No one has been seen to have done anything to take this seriously from the AFL. They way this has been handled is a joke and WADA won't let it go until such time as it is taken seriously and the AFL come into line with the rest of the world.

• Like 1

The info about Melksham's contract was probably leaked to the media by Melksham's agent. It doesn't even mean it's been verbally agreed upon, it could just have been the asking price at the start of the conversation.

"We discussed a 4 year $400k contract." Probably doesn't mention the part where Melbourne responded with "f**k that!"

• Like 4