Watt's going on?

Harry Plopper

Well, it's an auspicious dropping...

It is obviously a message and an indication.

BUT I want value, you don't build lists by just getting rid of talent - however unrealised that talent is.

Sylvia got us Vince, Frawley got us Brayshaw, Scully got us Hogan.

So, yeah, trade and move on if you want to but don't get ND33 and tell me we did the right thing.

What would you consider value/accept in terms of draft pick?

If you're serious, mens' group near you? I'd look into it, can't hurt. Has been helpful/good/great for a couple of mates/family members.

I used to attend one 1999, they asked me after a couple of years to help them facilitate with them. while I'm considered an at risk, I'm not really, because this place i'm in, is the place I grew up in, & its the place I know the best, so this is why I can cope in here, because its so familiar. its trying to get of of this space, thats so terrifying.

its my familiar zone..

I new this place from 7 yrs, till 15 yrs of age.. went to therapist on GP's advice at age 21. therapist told me after 7 yrs, to stop seeing my sister.

its OK bing181, i am looking forward to seeing my neighbors & having fun. & having a good chat to them. & I do intend to seek out the mens group locally. been here 4 months & love it, but haven't spread out just yet.

thanks for your caring appreciate it.

• Like 1

I used to attend one 1999, they asked me after a couple of years to help them facilitate with them. while I'm considered an at risk, I'm not really, because this place i'm in, is the place I grew up in, & its the place I know the best, so this is why I can cope in here, because its so familiar. its trying to get of of this space, thats so terrifying.

its my familiar zone..

I new this place from 7 yrs, till 15 yrs of age.. went to therapist on GP's advice at age 21. therapist told me after 7 yrs, to stop seeing my sister.

its OK bing181, i am looking forward to seeing my neighbors & having fun. & having a good chat to them. & I do intend to seek out the mens group locally. been here 4 months & love it, but haven't spread out just yet.

Glad to hear it DL. Sussing out the men's group sounds a good idea, when you're ready.

Hopefully next season brings a bit more joy for all of us :)

• Like 1

sorry can somebody just update me if there has been anything official at all said about the reason he was dropped?

This it from AFL site article about Roos and trading. Feel free to join in with the pointless speculation:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-06/demons-will-be-active-in-trade-period-says-roos

Watts, who dropped himself earlier this year and responded well, played 20 games this season but was left out for the final round and is regularly speculated about as a trade table pawn for the Demons.

Roos said the decision was made because the club is trying to "set up a really clear framework and guideline as to how we can get better as a footy team".

"Jack had an outstanding eight or nine-week period in the middle of the season, but like a lot of guys he's dropped off over the last five or six weeks," Roos said after the Demons' 26-point win at Etihad Stadium, which ended a 22-game drought at the venue.

"He wasn't Robinson Crusoe, but we still had to pick 22. He was probably more stiff in terms of the guys who did play. He understands that.

"What we've got to try and get across to all our players is that for us to be a really good footy club over time, we've got to be consistent as a footy club."

Edited by sue
  • Like 2

What would you consider value/accept in terms of draft pick?

Well, more value than that, but how would I know? The club would have a certain number of players they would see in the draft that would be worth including Watts in a trade, and I doubt there would be more than 15 or so, which brings me back to a point I made a few weeks ago - I don't think there is a team that would give us the equivalent of what we now think of him.

I don't think we get the first rounder that we would now want.

If you move him for a player - different story but the same valuing issues.

• Like 1

It seems to me that people are now accepting he will be traded, based on that fb rumour and conversation with PJ. Has there been any other information, or has the rumour just snowballed into fact?

It's a FB rumour started by a girl nobody actually knows, but who has the same surname on her account as a "well known supporter" of the dees. In other words it's crap.

sorry can somebody just update me if there has been anything official at all said about the reason he was dropped?

The Robinson Crusoe quote was in the HS today as well, but I don't subscribe so no link.

Basically, what we can take from this is the following:

1 - Don't listen to FB rumours started by random people you don't know.

2 - Watts was dropped for failing to meet team benchmarks and had we had more depth others would have been left out as well.

3 - IF another club offers us a great deal we may still trade him.

• Like 1

Glad to hear it DL. Sussing out the men's group sounds a good idea, when you're ready.

Hopefully next season brings a bit more joy for all of us :)

I bumped into a guy in a deli a few days ago, he seemed really familiar & I said hello to him, & said where do I know you from, was it the mens group I asked. he said could be but wasn't sure.. he asked which group...

after some conversation, I only recognised him from TV, the Marngrook show... I obviously wasn't to sharp that day at all, but hadn't recognised it.. stress can cause this. LoL... it turned out to be Alan Thorpe.. my mistake.... we had a good chat for awhile, he is into the mens groups, working in the field I think.

Edited by dee-luded

its my familiar zone..

Get involved when you feel up to it, it'll be good for you.

This it from AFL site article about Roos and trading. Feel free to join in with the pointless speculation:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-06/demons-will-be-active-in-trade-period-says-roos

Watts, who dropped himself earlier this year and responded well, played 20 games this season but was left out for the final round and is regularly speculated about as a trade table pawn for the Demons.

Roos said the decision was made because the club is trying to "set up a really clear framework and guideline as to how we can get better as a footy team".

"Jack had an outstanding eight or nine-week period in the middle of the season, but like a lot of guys he's dropped off over the last five or six weeks," Roos said after the Demons' 26-point win at Etihad Stadium, which ended a 22-game drought at the venue.

"He wasn't Robinson Crusoe, but we still had to pick 22. He was probably more stiff in terms of the guys who did play. He understands that.

"What we've got to try and get across to all our players is that for us to be a really good footy club over time, we've got to be consistent as a footy club."

Thanks - that doesn't sound at all to me like they have him up for trade

Get involved when you feel up to it, it'll be good for you.

yeah used to love it, like a family, stated a partnership with a builder from there for a couple of years, until he started to rip me off... disillusionment... but have seen some on the streets from time to time. most genuine good hearted people, & trustworthy.

am getting back some mojo now. gotto go.

Edited by dee-luded

Well, more value than that, but how would I know? The club would have a certain number of players they would see in the draft that would be worth including Watts in a trade, and I doubt there would be more than 15 or so, which brings me back to a point I made a few weeks ago - I don't think there is a team that would give us the equivalent of what we now think of him.

I don't think we get the first rounder that we would now want.

If you move him for a player - different story but the same valuing issues.

Bundled with a draft pick (1st or 2nd) you might pick up something quite good. That's where Jack's value will be in a trade I think, not as a straight pick.

• Like 2

Bundled with a draft pick (1st or 2nd) you might pick up something quite good. That's where Jack's value will be in a trade I think, not as a straight pick.

definitely...or part of some merry go round of players etc

... I new this place from 7 yrs, till 15 yrs of age.. went to therapist on GP's advice at age 21. therapist told me after 7 yrs, to stop seeing my sister.

I'm tempted to ask you about this relationship with your Sister, but I'll pass.

You're the most bonkers poster I've ever come across, which makes you kind of interesting.

I'm tempted to ask you about this relationship with your Sister, but I'll pass.

You're the most bonkers poster I've ever come across, which makes you kind of interesting.

we ended up having a physical fight after she again was putting me down, I pushed over onto my mums bed & walked out, she came out after me. we fought. she called the police, i was outside, she came out having another go.

is said to her, across the front yard, what is the matter with you, why do you always pick on me & put me down (for decades) ??? she said "because you've always been the favoured one"

.... i thought the penny had dropped & things would now change,,, but no... the penny didn't drop. she didn't change towards me. infact worse.

My father came home, after staying with them, [following 5x bypass, they didn't do the Mitral valve, the most important thing he needed.]

His first words were to me on getting home, after me picking him up from her place; "she's poisoned their minds against you", he went back into hospital weeks later, then was put into an induced coma for 3 weeks, I went in everyday, nearly all day, then left before night time visits... she accused me of not going in to see him. I slept in there on office chairs put together, some times

I haven't seen or heard from her, or my nieces, or any of them for about 17 years.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 3

It's a FB rumour started by a girl nobody actually knows, but who has the same surname on her account as a "well known supporter" of the dees. In other words it's crap.

The Robinson Crusoe quote was in the HS today as well, but I don't subscribe so no link.

Basically, what we can take from this is the following:

1 - Don't listen to FB rumours started by random people you don't know.

2 - Watts was dropped for failing to meet team benchmarks and had we had more depth others would have been left out as well.

3 - IF another club offers us a great deal we may still trade him.

I know her well. She goes every week, loves the club and although I haven't talked to her about the incident, she'd be the last person who'd make something like that up.

Just because you don't know her or it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean it's crap.

• Like 3

we ended up having a physical fight after she again was putting me down, I pushed over onto my mums bed & walked out, she came out after me. we fought. she called the police, i was outside, she came out having another go.

is said to her, across the front yard, what is the matter with you, why do you always pick on me & put me down (for decades) ??? she said "because you've always been the favoured one"

.... i thought the penny had dropped & things would now change,,, but no... the penny didn't drop. she didn't change towards me. infact worse.

My father came home, after staying with them, [following 5x bypass, they didn't do the Mitral valve, the most important thing he needed.]

His first words were to me on getting home, after me picking him up from her place; "she's poisoned their minds against you", he went back into hospital weeks later, then was put into an induced coma for 3 weeks, I went in everyday, nearly all day, then left before night time visits... she accused me of not going in to see him. I slept in there on office chairs put together, some times

I haven't seen or heard from her, or my nieces, or any of them for about 17 years.

I find your posts completely bonkers at times but all the best getting yourself healthy and happy.

I know her well. She goes every week, loves the club and although I haven't talked to her about the incident, she'd be the last person who'd make something like that up.

Just because you don't know her or it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean it's crap.

Just because you know her doesn't mean it's true either....

I find your posts completely bonkers at times but all the best getting yourself healthy and happy.

I'm healthy, but I've learn't to look at the world in a different way, than the western nuclear family model, that's currently readily accepted.

I have thought thru many angles of life, & peoples lifestyles, over the decades, & can see things laterally from within the current model & from the outside looking in. I have questioned, torn down & put back up, most of our values over this time. so i look at things from many angles & see lots of scenarios for issues, which can make things more complicated..

....... and sometimes I wonder if I've forgotten where I started back at 21 yrs of age ; terrified to open up, & speak my mind.

sometimes I truly think many cannot imagine what it is my ideas convey... but many other articulate people, & also doctors do fully understand them. have I moved passed some, in some way, or are some so stuck within their narrow ideas, they aren't capable to see other concepts ?

it can be very difficult to convey ideas & thoughts to those who see no value in any change. these are usually the ones who are flourishing, in the status quo.

• Like 2

omfg who is this mystery person