GAMEDAY - Round 18

One of the big questions for today is whether people will bother to turn up for the game given that it's a clash between two out of form (at least I think that's a description of how Melbourne is playing at the moment) and out of luck teams occupying 11th and 15th spots on the ladder.

The early morning weather out there looks foreboding - it's cold and bleak although the forecast says "rain clearing, wind easing" and it's true that Collingwood fans stick fat so you can still expect them to turn up in numbers for their home game on a ground they occupy and consider their own.

But how many of our own will turn up to watch, given we're playing the type of game that's produced an average of 56½ points in the past four games which have involved opposition currently sitting in 13th, 14th and 18th spots on the ladder?

• Like 3

I think most of us will be at the snow so will miss the game. We will play well an win and DL will go into meltdown re making finals next year until next week when we get smashed by North. This will be followed by calls for decisive action including sacking the coaching panel with some suggesting we bring in Mick Malthouse.

• Like 3

I think most of us will be at the snow so will miss the game. We will play well an win and DL will go into meltdown re making finals next year until next week when we get smashed by North. This will be followed by calls for decisive action including sacking the coaching panel with some suggesting we bring in Mick Malthouse.

You mean to say that Malthouse isn't already coaching is?

I'm overseas at the moment and can access the game on the AFL site at 12.10am. As my husband is a Collingwood supporter, I might make the effort as my body clock is still all over the place and I will probably be awake anyway.

Go Dees.

Hopefully going in too tall doesn't hurt us. I'd probably drop Dawes for Matt Jones to give us a bit of extra run. Dawes won't be marking much today.

Today feels like the Essendon game as far as outside is concerned, hopefully the game is of a higher standard. This is likely to be the last game I go to for the year so hopefully it's a good one.

Told myself all week since the saints game I won't be going today... As the weeks gone on started to turn to going, God help me. It's like watching a car crash, you know what's going to happen you just can't help but watch. As much as i try I can't hate or disown this club

• Like 2

While there is some joy to be had in sharing vitriol with fellow sad case Melbourne supporters in the Betty Cuthbert Bar, our recent performances have ground my already pea size heart down even further. [censored] 'em , I'm watching from Romsey Manor with the lads as company.

• Like 4

While there is some joy to be had in sharing vitriol with fellow sad case Melbourne supporters in the Betty Cuthbert Bar, our recent performances have ground my already pea size heart down even further. [censored] 'em , I'm watching from Romsey Manor with the lads as company.

i will be in North Carlton drinking fair trade coffees and tying sweaters around my neck like any other red blooded male.

I have to pick up some new loafers,get a beard trim and get my man bun washed before Bronies club with the guys.

Still plan on keeping an ear on the radio and may go in depending on the effort displayed in half time.

If we are average ,I might meet up with Earl Hood practising my Esperanto.

• Like 4

I'll be there today. Its looking very ordinary outside although the wind has died and it is only spitting at the moment. Im hoping Dawes is a late exclusion, cant see him giving us any value in this weather, let alone in perfectly dry weather.

I dont give us much chance, but we have copped a bit in the media this week which often equates to improved performance from our team. Their forwardline looks pretty average, if we can match them in the midfield we are not without a chance.

• Like 1

i will be in North Carlton drinking fair trade coffees and tying sweaters around my neck like any other red blooded male.

I have to pick up some new loafers,get a beard trim and get my man bun washed before Bronies club with the guys.

Still plan on keeping an ear on the radio and may go in depending on the effort displayed in half time.

If we are average ,I might meet up with Earl Hood practising my Esperanto.

Solid plan Biff. No doubt you'll include a cycling adventure with Earl Hood.You may even see Moonie "centering" himself and poncing about with some Tai chi moves in an inner suburban park. I believe he usually hangs out near public toilets.

• Like 1

Our problem is that we don't seem to play to win. We play not to lose, and margin minimisation. There's no proof that this team can put aside its ladder position and win knowing how important it is for their development. They don't seem to want to win because the season is shot.

Roos made a comment that when we lose the team deals with it really well, but when we win it's not as big a deal as it should be from a confidence standpoint.

Basically, it's a team of losers that expect to lose, and a win every now and then is cool

We should beat Collingwood today. But we won't.

I'll be there. Predicting 35,000-45,000. Won't be more. Pies will get 30-40,000 through the gate, and around 5-10,000 Dees supporters.

Edited by praha

I am doing something i haven't done for a long time and that is not drive up the highway from Geelong to Melbourne to watch the game.

I'm not sure why but our losses against Essendon and St. Kilda have broken me in the sense that i can't be bothered going to watch it.

I will just watch it from home.

• Like 1

I've been the last two weeks, I dont think i can watch another appalling effort.

The loss of form from Brayshaw, VandenBerg and Tyson is really effecting us. Too much is left to Jones and Vince.

i also hope Dawes misses. He can't take a mark in dry conditions, how is going to take one in the wet?

Dare I say it, but I have a good feeling about today.

IMO today's game will be like watching a bad movie.

U know its bad but u keep watching it thinking it will get better and it never does.

That actually pretty well describes the last 9 yrs!

No chance I'm going, I'll save the 4 hour round trip and the money is have to spend on food, parking and petrol. Instead I'm off to the farmers market, will put the fire on and watch it in the TV until we are so putrid I can't stand it any more.

• Like 4

I have been to the past three games, and have come home each time thinking "Why bother?" Then game day comes around, and I head off again (as I will be today), not because we are very likely to win, but because we will at some point, and I want to be there when we do.

More in hope than expectation? Yes - I am a lifelong Melbourne supporter! Go Dees!

• Like 4

I've been the last two weeks, I dont think i can watch another appalling effort.

The loss of form from Brayshaw, VandenBerg and Tyson is really effecting us. Too much is left to Jones and Vince.

i also hope Dawes misses. He can't take a mark in dry conditions, how is going to take one in the wet?

Brayshaw and Vanders are to be expected. They were always going to have a drop in form at some stage, it's just a shame it seems to have happened at the same time.