Training - Thursday 9th July, 2015

MadAsHell

Jeez are people [censored] for real!? Watts has arguably had his best 4 games of his career and people want him dropped because of a little bit of rain? FMD wake up people seriously the guy is one of our most classiest and best ball user along with Vince and theres no better hands to have the ball in when its wet then these guys.

Also last i looked footy is played outdoors.

Some posters do make me laugh! I have been Watts biggest critic but he has been awsome the last couple of weeks.

I have bought many shares in Watts Inc. over the years and haven't cashed out yet - but if there is a game that is entirely played on the floor with a heavy, wet footy - Jack Watts is a luxury whose skill set will never be tapped during that game.

Like a decision to drop a second ruck (which is one will do), dropping a 196cm HFF is something I would do.

• Like 1

I have bought many shares in Watts Inc. over the years and haven't cashed out yet - but if there is a game that is entirely played on the floor with a heavy, wet footy - Jack Watts is a luxury whose skill set will never be tapped during that game.

Like a decision to drop a second ruck (which is one will do), dropping a 196cm HFF is something I would do.

So you would drop a guy who is been playing in the midfield and in career best form.. right.

That will do his confidence well.

Btw they are two completely different players. You only drop in a 2nd ruckman because you want to bring in more run and spread. Spencer who has been our 2nd ruckman is lumbering and slow. It is also too top heavy especially if its going to rain. It will slow us down big time.

You do NOT drop Watts because what he does provide is run and spread and to finish off is his class and skill level. Just because he didn't adjust to the wet weather in the past doesn't mean you get gun shy and drop him straight away. I am backing Watts to come out and have another blinder. His confidence is up and running keep playing him and tell him to take the game on.

Seriously bizarre that people want him dropped. And who do we replace him with? Terlich? Mckenzie!??

• Like 2

So you would drop a guy who is been playing in the midfield and in career best form.. right.

That will do his confidence well.

Btw they are two completely different players. You only drop in a 2nd ruckman because you want to bring in more run and spread. Spencer who has been our 2nd ruckman is lumbering and slow. It is also too top heavy especially if its going to rain. It will slow us down big time.

You do NOT drop Watts because what he does provide is run and spread and to finish off is his class and skill level. Just because he didn't adjust to the wet weather in the past doesn't mean you get gun shy and drop him straight away. I am backing Watts to come out and have another blinder. His confidence is up and running keep playing him and tell him to take the game on.

Seriously bizarre that people want him dropped. And who do we replace him with? Terlich? Mckenzie!??

Harmes, Michie, Lumumba? They are on the fringes.

Dropping someone is not the end of the world as Jack has already found out this season - we are too tall forward in the wet with Jack - simple as that.

• Like 1

Dropping someone is not the end of the world as Jack has already found out this season - we are too tall forward in the wet with Jack - simple as that.

Jack doesn't play like a traditional tall he plays like a midfielder. He has speed and class.

Jack was also out of form as he has pointed out by dropping himself. Since he has come he is playing like a completely different player, winning the hard ball, chasing, tackling etc.

He is in super form. Leave him in the side.

• Like 2

You may be right about us being too tall forward in the wet but in that case surely the first tall to go would be Dawes.

Also, in recent week Jack has lined up on the wing where his smarts have been really valuable and his job has been to set up goals rather than kick them.

• Like 1

I think your reasoning makes sense rpfc, but for a player whose confidence is clearly as brittle as bone china, I think it would be best if he stayed in the side at the present time.

Who knows what his form would be like coming back after being dropped again, he can be so inconsistent.

• Like 1

Disagree with this one.

Even mentioning his 196cm height is flawed as marking is his not his sweet spot.

He plays like medium sized player with good ground skills, good toe and the ability to spread.

I don't have a problem with him in the wet - as opposed to say a Spencer

Thanks for the reports.

Any sign of Salem out there? Is he back running?

Have been re-watching a few of the games from the first third of the season. Salem was pivotal; need him back soon.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reports.

Any sign of Salem out there? Is he back running?

Have been re-watching a few of the games from the first third of the season. Salem was pivotal; need him back soon.

No sign of Salem, but Kent was there and was looking ok. Would be a chance to return via Casey next week i reckon.

There is no doubt from that that he is playing on Saturday.

Amazing what a bit of on-field form can do.

Speaks as he has been playing recently: smart, composed, confident, team oriented.

Both on and off field he is showing a lot more self-belief.

Great to see.

• Like 1

He's certainly an engaging personality and seems much more relaxed. Interestingly Tom McDonald when On the Couch said Watts was one of the team that lifted the morale when things got bleak.

I really think he has turned the corner.

• Like 2

I think your reasoning makes sense rpfc, but for a player whose confidence is clearly as brittle as bone china, I think it would be best if he stayed in the side at the present time.

Who knows what his form would be like coming back after being dropped again, he can be so inconsistent.

Now, I think you are the one underestimating Watts...

He'll be fine. Guys get dropped for all sorts of reasons.

Now, I think you are the one underestimating Watts...

He'll be fine. Guys get dropped for all sorts of reasons.

If he's fit to play he won't get dropped

who said anything about him getting dropped rpfc? This thread has lost the plot..he is either goyt an injury and will miss or didn't train but will still play...geez

dead right dumb thread watts must play