Delistings/trades at end of the season

he's a kid I was interested in up grabbing in his draft year, as well as Ty Vickery..

wanted Ty again over the past 2 years to give him a shot as well.. maybe too late for Ty now. he won't leave the Tiges now.

Butcher has talent, & a strong hands. worth a look for a rookie spot.

No to Vickery.
  • Like 1

Ty has talent a lot of it. he's starting to learn. but if he went to say the Hawks or the Catters from the draft, he would be a star now. Environment is a huge part of the development of a young players mindset. & growth.

Whilst that might be true even the greatest environment can't get you kicking straight......Cloke....

I have a brother who is a lions member and lives in Brisbane.

He tells me that Aish has eyes for SA only.

The rest can forget talking to him.

somehow I keep getting the feeling that he is tied up in a 3 way, or more, trade swap. & knowing the Lions have recently been shrewd since Lethal is back; & I cannot keep the Blues out of this picture.

.... the Lions will also be getting background support from within the AFL, as we have. & so, those who the AFL have pull over, the GWS, Suns, Dees, Lions, & now Blues as well, I feel absolutely sure.

So I see names like Murphy, poss' Gibbs, Yarren, Aish, Henderson, Howe, Watts, Dawes, Prestia, & others I haven't kept tabs on from the suns, & GWS players not getting games.

I think Gillon will be aiming to even out the competition, Via player trading drafting, & the fixturing, as prime issues voiced in supporter polls... falling viewing & attendances will demand AFL attention, for the supporters to regain faith. as the generations after ours will not tolerate being loyal to a corrupted system. they just won't buy in.

To give credit where credit is due, 'Sir Paul Roos' called Dion a month ago. Here is his PM:

Sent 15 June 2015 - 05:59 PM

Dion is the one I'm confident of...
  • Like 3

The "drug culture" is out there, everywhere,it's up to the individual....

Gold Coast is pretty [censored] up but.. and if people want to start comparing us to them by saying we would have the same problem are absolutely kidding themselves.

Edited by dazzledavey36

Gold Coast is pretty [censored] up but.. and if people want to start comparing us to them by saying we would have the same problem are absolutely kidding themselves.

Who said anything about us as a club, it's every where you turn. Doctors, lawyers, bus drivers, construction workers, hairdressers the bloke the next door who has a 9-5 job could well be a dealer. Drugs are everywhere, the individual must choose. I'm not across the AFL drug policy but surely the revamped one will have(if not already) the right for clubs to test their own players. Couple that with basic knowledge, drugs like ice/speed/cocaine will generally last in your system 2-3 days. I'd be testing Friday and Monday mornings If I wanted to catch someone. The culture could be cleaned up easily. The AFL also needs to grow some balls. Clean slate and 1 strike and your out. Edited by Al's Demons
  • Like 1

Who said anything about us as a club, it's every where you turn. Doctors, lawyers, bus drivers, construction workers, hairdressers the bloke the next door who has a 9-5 job could well be a dealer. Drugs are everywhere, the individual must choose. I'm not across the AFL drug policy but surely the revamped one will have(if not already) the right for clubs to test their own players. Couple that with basic knowledge, drugs like ice/speed/cocaine will generally last in your system 2-3 days. I'd be testing Friday and Monday mornings If I wanted to catch someone. The culture could be cleaned up easily. The AFL also needs to grow some balls. Clean slate and 1 strike and your out.

Please keep this thread about player movements and not drug policy's

• Like 3

What are ties?

Cheers

His dad is a coterie member. Supplies food to the club, I believe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I remember reading that on Demonland at some point.

EDIT. Derps.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 2

What are ties?

Cheers

Like his parents, Prestia was a member of Melbourne Football Club as a youngster and supported the Dees until draft day in 2010. His dad Osi has been involved with Melbourne coterie groups and still supplies fruit for the red and blues to this day. The lures to go home were strong. "There was always the temptation of going home to Melbourne," Prestia told the AFL Record this week. "But I thought, 'I've already started here, I've already gone through hard times at the club, where we got smashed every week, and now we were coming into the phase of winning games' … I just thought there was no point leaving."
Those quotes have new meaning given the drugs revelations; he went through the hard times when the club started and I would imagine he's less than pleased to be in the same position after only 5 years.
  • Like 2

What about Brandon Jack at the Swans. He might be a Roosy favourite!

Like his parents, Prestia was a member of Melbourne Football Club as a youngster and supported the Dees until draft day in 2010. His dad Osi has been involved with Melbourne coterie groups and still supplies fruit for the red and blues to this day. The lures to go home were strong. "There was always the temptation of going home to Melbourne," Prestia told the AFL Record this week. "But I thought, 'I've already started here, I've already gone through hard times at the club, where we got smashed every week, and now we were coming into the phase of winning games' … I just thought there was no point leaving."
Those quotes have new meaning given the drugs revelations; he went through the hard times when the club started and I would imagine he's less than pleased to be in the same position after only 5 years.

And there's no point in leaving if you're winning games. Now that the Suns aren't, why not move back to Melbourne. We can't offer him wins, but we can offer him Melbourne. ;)

• Like 1

Couldn't see it, being that Jack is a famous NSW name and boy.

Then again, Kennedy was a famous Hawthorn name.

Would need two injuries in the mids to even get regular games at Sydney

imo Bird is ahead of him and he isn't getting played either

Could want to leave for more game time, but he would probably rather stay with his brother

Any update on Toump contract situation? We are signing all other kids up but not him yet? Must be low priority. To trade him we need a contract don't we? Or he goes back to SA cheap as.

We own his rights until the end of the trade period. If a club wants him, they have to trade with us or take the chance that he'll be around when they pick in the National Draft or Preseason Draft. I hope we give him a 2 year deal; he's shown enough this year to warrant it, IMO.

• Like 1