GAME DAY - Round 7

I don't think those words would have any affect on Clarkson or the players.

Although Clarkson may use it against us in his pre match talk.

Why do our guys open their big mouths. Talk is cheap.

I would imagine that every game both teams think they can win so (yes even the Dees players otherwise why put yourself in harms way) it would be of little surprise for the Hawks to hear that Dawes thinks they are ripe for plucking. Hardly fighting words. I can also imagine that if we are getting beaten the Hawks players will get into him. He will probably belt them.

I am not normally delusional but want to be today so I am going to put $100 on the boys. Now if somebody could tell me how to here. When we win, its long island ice teas for the rest of the weekend at Raffles. If by some perverse quirk of fate the Dees don't get up then its long island iced teas for the rest of the weekend at Raffles.

• Like 1

I would imagine that every game both teams think they can win so (yes even the Dees players otherwise why put yourself in harms way) it would be of little surprise for the Hawks to hear that Dawes thinks they are ripe for plucking. Hardly fighting words. I can also imagine that if we are getting beaten the Hawks players will get into him. He will probably belt them.

I am not normally delusional but want to be today so I am going to put $100 on the boys. Now if somebody could tell me how to here. When we win, its long island ice teas for the rest of the weekend at Raffles. If by some perverse quirk of fate the Dees don't get up then its long island iced teas for the rest of the weekend at Raffles.

You may as well just set that $100 on fire and be done with it. There is blind faith.. and then there is Hawthorn. No other team across the last 7-8 years has smashed us like the Hawks have. I don't see it changing today.

Absolute snow flakes chance in hell we win this game. Just look at our record against them the last 8 years or so.. We'll do well to get within 10 goals. Just like last week facing sydney last week at the wrong time after the dogs loss, no way hawthorn will drop another game like they did to GWS last week. We can just hope for a competitive effort (depressing we are still at this stage of development)

I really wish that I could believe what Chris Dawes said this week about coming up against the Hawks and his personal battle with Chip but really ...

What would you have preferred him say? " I think we will get beaten?"

Lots of negativity on this site at the moment,

Look at the positive

1. Hawks aren't playing well

2. No Lewis and Mitchell or McEvoy

3. No Watts

4. Hogan, Brayshaw, Stretch.

5. And Chunk!!!!!

I think it will be closer than you may think

• Like 2

I love how people quote the form of 6-8 years. Our form line against most sides over that time would look similar. We are on the way to not being the same team. That guy buddy no longer plays there, their two best this year in Hodge and Lewis are out and they have brought in two players underdone. Things are not the same. I do not expect to win but give us a sneaky chance and anything more than a 4-5 goal loss would be unacceptable. I am hoping we hit hard at the contest and spread hard away from it. Be aggressive and creative going forward even if it means some frustrating clangers. Do this and we will give ourselves a shake.

• Like 2

I rate Hawthorn's attack higher than Freo and Sydney so I agree that this could get ugly. I'm setting realistic expectations - I can't see us doing any better than last week against Sydney. I'll be vacating this thread shortly before kick off.

Would be good to see Hogan take a few contested grabs on Frawley just to rub it in. Wouldn't mind if Brayshaw was in the conversation for a rising star nomination. Looking forward to seeing Stretch again too. I'm mentally preparing to grimace every time Matt Jones or Rohan Bail get a touch. Would love either one to prove me wrong.

I am realistic about the result however, I want to see some passion effort and leadership from our senior players. Dawes, Dunn, Grimes, Howe, and Lumumba. Some others who are playing for their careers include M Jones, and Bail.

Actually it's time we stopped getting flogged by the Hawks!! It's time this club puts in a close competitive game against this mob.

Feeling good about the game and looking forward to the mids shutdown game.

Backline is still coming together quite well and without expecting a win,still hoping to see if 4 quarters of PR footy can be put on show today.

Quiet rumour kicking around that Hogan is a late withdrawal...

So,option are?

Pedders?

Max?

Jack.

Edited by jazza

I liked Dawes comments. Not something we have heard from the team very often in recent years.

It is important we play with aggression to back him up.

After comments like that, losing is Ok but rolling over is not.

Edited by deanox
  • Like 1

Hawks 9 x 100+ games (5 over 200) and 5 x <50 games

Dees 8 x 100+ games (2 over 200) and 10 x <50 games

Even without Hodge and Lewis they have loads more experience.

Its more than games played for me, most of their players have elite/above average disposal.

Had a dream last night that we belted Hawthorn by 84 points. Lumumba kicked 6 goals and Spencer kicked 5. We got this!...maybe...yeah alright, probably not.

Edited by Demon Jack
  • Like 2