The Incredible Hulk - Jesse Hogan

McQueen

Neitz is a plodder compared to hogan

I've read some dumb shyte on here before and your comments are right up there.

Hogan has massive potential.

Neitz is proven MFC gun.

• Like 6

I've read some dumb shyte on here before and your comments are right up there.

Hogan has massive potential.

Neitz is proven MFC gun.

Neitz is still criminally underrated by the wider footballing community. 300 games, 600 goals, AA at both FF and CHB... the list goes on. Neitz was an absolute gem and a beast in his prime. Always felt the players walked taller when he was in form.

• Like 13

Neitz is a plodder compared to hogan

Short memory. Neitz was no plodder compared to anyone. He wasn't the absolute best but gee wouldn't we love him in the team these days.

• Like 3

Neitz is underrated and left a great legacy at the MFC.

Hogan is a smarter and more natural footballer than Neitz. This doesn't mean he'll emulate Neitz' stellar career, but I expect by the end of his career Hogan will be recognised as the superior player.

Hogan has a far better footy brain and the strut of a champion.

Edited by ProDee
  • Like 1

Not really comparable at early stages of their careers. Neitz made his name as one of the better key defenders. He did become the gorilla forward relatively late in his career. Hogan is starting where Neitz left off.

Neitz is still criminally underrated by the wider footballing community. 300 games, 600 goals, AA at both FF and CHB... the list goes on. Neitz was an absolute gem and a beast in his prime. Always felt the players walked taller when he was in form.

Heard him mentioned as the worst ever Coleman Medallist last week. That got me riled up.

• Like 3

Melbourne the club or Melbourne the city?

Drink quick, as it will be flat by 2017

Got a call from my Perth based nephew last night, and asked him to post the info here so it didnt sound 3rd hand, but it seems he was too lazy, so i will do it myself.

He was talking to a customer at work, and got onto the subject of footy. Of course being a Dees member, he had to talk about Hogan.

Long story short, after mentioning to the guy that he hopes Freo and Methcoast keeps thier hands off, the guy replied with something along the lines of this......(paraphrasing)

"Nah mate, my son is best mates with Hoges, and travelled over with about 15 other mates to watch him play his first game. He absolutely loves the Dees, and has said he intends to be a one club player. He is not leaving. No way"

Anyway, made me smile.

Hope that helps.

Will try to get him to add anything of interest.

• Like 18

Got a call from my Perth based nephew last night, and asked him to post the info here so it didnt sound 3rd hand, but it seems he was too lazy, so i will do it myself.

He was talking to a customer at work, and got onto the subject of footy. Of course being a Dees member, he had to talk about Hogan.

Long story short, after mentioning to the guy that he hopes Freo and Methcoast keeps thier hands off, the guy replied with something along the lines of this......(paraphrasing)

"Nah mate, my son is best mates with Hoges, and travelled over with about 15 other mates to watch him play his first game. He absolutely loves the Dees, and has said he intends to be a one club player. He is not leaving. No way"

Anyway, made me smile.

Hope that helps.

Will try to get him to add anything of interest.

Very much consistent with what he's told my friend, loves the Dees, wants to repay the faith we have shown in him, also well aware of how high we value him, he will be well paid regardless.

• Like 6

Is it wrong to get morning wood about these things?

Eh, I don't care if it is or isn't. I'll just enjoy it.

Picket fence does when someone mentions Ollie Wines, so i guess it's fine :)

Heard him mentioned as the worst ever Coleman Medallist last week. That got me riled up.

try Leigh Mathews or John Peck or Tom Carroll or Ron Evans or Bill Young or Noel Rayson.

Leigh was a better player but not a better Coleman medalist.

The reference is to Neitz being the worst ever Coleman medalist.

I would take Neitz before Jack Reiwoldt any day.

• Like 2

Surely this type of comment leaves you with as much credibilty as Mark Neeld's coaching career

You have got to be kidding yourself!!

to be fair I think he was just using a liberal amount of hyperbole in order to express his man-love for the hulk

• Like 2

2i71mgw.jpg

I guess that answers the question - How many Jesse Hogans does it take to beat Hawthorn?

Now we just need to find another 4 and a half by next week...

• Like 5

I'm going to avoid the doom and gloom of the post-mortems and just park myself in this thread for the rest of the year.

Was caught out of position a number of times tonight (not necessarily his fault of course) yet still clunked 8 marks, of which 2 were again contested. Another 2 goals, too.

The one-handed mark was an absolute ripper; he's so much stronger than his still-developing frame would suggest.

The kid has the world at his feet.

• Like 5