Training - Monday 23rd March, 2015

The Devil Inside

Dishonesty and disloyalty.

Just can't agree with that either. I never get these comments (aside for when its applied to Clark, still haven't watched a Cats game, can't bring myself to do it). Frawley is in the Rivers boat to me. The bloke paid his dues, did his best for the club and craved success. So when well within his right to do so, he sought out what he yearned for.

Good luck to him.

• Like 4

Ouch.

Is he one who doesn't talk to you much?

Whatever happened to "Mr Conciliatory" (I must say, I lol'd at that!) . Seemed unnecessarily personal too, something you abhor. And it didn't add much to the thread.

Another quality post. Thanks. BTW, you're better than that.

Fitzy came into the team at the end of last season and ended up being about the only player in 2014 that knew how to kick a goal

He has great goal sense and his speed is a nightmare for opponents inside 50

Strange they are trying him back

Agree. I think Tim Watson said in one game, that we should keep him forward and let him get some confidence in the position.

He is one of the fastest on the list.

• Like 1

Agree. I think Tim Watson said in one game, that we should keep him forward and let him get some confidence in the position.

He is one of the fastest on the list.

There probably isn't one single reason for this move. My guess is that firstly they want to see how he goes because he has a lot of attributes that suit a key back, secondly they want to play him on good forwards to show him how to play the position and how hard good forwards work and finally to instil greater intensity into his game.

I doubt they've written him off as a forward. It's probably more for his development.

• Like 5

There probably isn't one single reason for this move. My guess is that firstly they want to see how he goes because he has a lot of attributes that suit a key back, secondly they want to play him on good forwards to show him how to play the position and how hard good forwards work and finally to instil greater intensity into his game.

I doubt they've written him off as a forward. It's probably more for his development.

Makes sense.

I'm more inclined to think they want him to learn to think like a back man so he can understand what he is up against when he plays forward.

I'm more inclined to think they want him to learn to think like a back man so he can understand what he is up against when he plays forward.

I don't think it matters as he'll be delisted come season's end. He didn't even get a look in during the 3 pre-season games. That tells us something.

• Like 2

Well he's not going to get that playing in the VFL for Casey, and I doubt that there's a place for him in the seniors. As for his attributes, he may have pace but he doesn't have quickness of mind. I'd hate having him and T Mac in the same team.

• Like 2

I don't think it matters as he'll be delisted come season's end. He didn't even get a look in during the 3 pre-season games. That tells us something.

I think TDI said he was struck down with a virus which affected his availability for the NAB Challenge.

Maybe, but my point still stands.

Time will tell...Nev was delisted, given the rookie lifeline and look at him now...Pedersen looked as though he was heading for delisting and look at him now. No one is beyond redemption and I for one hope Fitzy will get on board that train.

• Like 1

Maybe, but my point still stands.

Yeah right, actually it doesn't stand, it staggers for a bit and then falls over...............so he had the virus the week of the Freo game, so missed a weeks training and lost a bit of weight, had to do extra training, with Roos wanting a settled team. was able to play for Casey in second ruck/forward role with fitness nearly back, now back at full fitness, so Casey again, but this time trialling in a new role, at the coaching staff's suggestion

Edited by The Devil Inside

Saty... you are going to get a rude awakening come round 1. Your last sentence is quite bizarre. I put it down to your blind, slavish, sycophantic lust for the individuals you choose to say hi to on a weekly basis.

As melbourne supporters we should always support or boys. i understand what you do. i would to, its just that i don't have the balls that you do, to talk to them, to say hi, to ask them how it join. i have never felt the compulsion to. I'm 31 and unemployed, but i don't have the heart to say hi to them, to ask them if they are ok, to let them know that we care, that we support them, that we wish that we would do ok. you have to understand that they are polite to you because they have to be, because if they weren't, that would not be a good thing, because you are obviously are big supporter of the club.

We are not doing well at the moment as a football club. between the years of 1987 and 2006 we seemed to make finals every second year. why is that? why were we good for such a poor club? we have not been any good since 2007. why? have you asked them why? i don't know if they know why. do you know why? will be ok this year? i don't think our players are that good. when i look at other teams. i think other teams and their players are better than ours. at the moment. maybe we will be better some day. maybe stay you can tell the boys that they will be ok and be able to beat a lot of other teams and we might be able to make finals one day. do you think we can make finals in the next few years? I hope so. you should ask them if roosy says they can do it. Or if they can think they can do it. It takes very good footballers to be able to make finals. But, we can keep trying, we will always turn over a certain amount of players because they are no good. Maybe our plasters will be good one day. Maybe we will be like geelong, or hawthorn or freo, or sydeny or like a good side.

let them know, while you are taking photos, that we look forward to better games and players and performances, like we use to have a long time ago.

thanks.

Gee, that's a good rant, I chat to them because I have interacted with them at various other things besides training, and they are human beings, they don't mind a chat either. and neither do I

Polite, well not all of them, Hogan walking menacingly towards me, laughing and walking away, Dunn towering over me, Toumpas and Salem taking the [censored] all the time.....do you miss social interaction?....me, it's all good fun

I am realistic, I came up with this analogy, since 2007 WE(the club, the supporters, the media), dug a hole and we fell in, we then kicked the ladder away, we have now found the ladder again, we now need to climb out of the hole

Roos and PJ both believe we should be able to play a final next year

I wish sometimes we could turn over some posters on here (yourself not included at the moment) because they are no good, but you can always not read their contributions

Yeah right, actually it doesn't stand, it staggers for a bit and then falls over...............so he had the virus the week of the Freo game, so missed a weeks training and lost a bit of weight, had to do extra training, with Roos wanting a settled team. was able to play for Casey in second ruck/forward role with fitness nearly back, now back at full fitness, so Casey again, but this time trialling in a new role, at the coaching staff's suggestion

That's great. He still won't make it.

• Like 1

Brilliant riposte, I tilt my keyboard in salute sir

Sorry you have an opinion, based on what?, or is it just a gut feeling, which is similar to an opinion or a hunch which is what you have when you are not sure it is an opinion, it could also be natural intuition, as avatars/nicknames are not gender identifying

I try and base my opinions, where I can, on fact, they tend to carry more weight then, except for those posters on here who don't allow me an opinion of course

Edited by The Devil Inside

Sorry you have an opinion, based on what?, or is it just a gut feeling, which is similar to an opinion or a hunch which is what you have when you are not sure it is an opinion, it could also be natural intuition, as avatars/nicknames are not gender identifying

I try and base my opinions, where I can, on fact, they tend to carry more weight then, except for those posters on here who don't allow me an opinion of course

Based on having watched him play over the last 4 seasons. My opinion is that he doesn't have the required skill set to be successful AFL player. That happens sometimes, not everyone can make and to me, he is one who won't.