FAREWELL JEREMY HOWE

What

Howe isn't a free agent. Melbourne shouldn't care what he wants. He wants out and we want the best deal. If he's not happy, he can go into the draft. Sick of selfish players getting their way. He has done SFA in football. The nerve.

We should have our best interests at heart. And only our best interests.

need to draw a line on the sand.

Melbourne are no longer push overs...on...or off the field.

Going to be interesting.

I'll really miss Jeremy's hangers and his occasional goal but maybe its best for both parties that he moves on.

Hypothetically, Howe and our fourth rounder for Kennedy and their second rounder would be a decent trade (as long as Collingwood don't try and screw us).

Then if we're really set on parish or Curnow, 6 and the second rounder for 3 and GC's third (which we on trade for bugg) could get the job done.

The highlights of Parish on the run, reminded me of Ben Cousins in full flight.

I like the way the club is targeting players and then determinately pursuing and trading to get them. IF the "steak knives" are like the "steak knives" we got for pick 2 a couple of years back, we'll be laughing.

can u link the highlights?

So surely this is purely about getting the best outcome.

Scenario where Howe, pick 6 goes to GC for pick 3, and pick 22.

Melb uses pick 22 to land Melksham or Kennedy

Melb uses pick 25 to land Melksham or Kennedy

Melb is left with pick 3, Melksham and Kennedy

Scenario where Howe goes to Coll for Kennedy

Melb uses pick 25 to land Melksham

Melb is left with pick 6, Melksham and Kennedy

I know what I'd prefer.

• Like 1

why? he's not a friggin fa. time to play hardball

if the filth offer is the best then ok. if not then i couldn't give a fig leaf who his preferred club is

its come time.....to out-filth the filth.

Im sure our brains trust have the smarts....do they have the nuts !!

I know it's just a quirk of the system, but pick 6 is statistically the worst pick in the top 20 since the inception of the draft.

I won't be unhappy if we manage to wrangle pick 3.

Not that I'm superstitious or anything...

• Like 2

I know it's just a quirk of the system, but pick 6 is statistically the worst pick in the top 20 since the inception of the draft.

Wasn't Stringer a pick 6?
  • Like 1

Every chance Mills and Hopper get bid on before then so our pick 6 would go to pick 8.

By moving up we still wouldn't get either of those 2 academy so it's a bit irrelevant to the swap, but relevant to the superstition.

2 years ago we swapped pick 2 for Tyson and Pick 9 (Salem)

This was presumably on the belief that a handful of places in the draft is worth less a whole other player

Wouldn't Howe+Pick6 be the opposite of this strategy?

We traded picks No.2, No.20 and No.72, receiving Tyson and picks No.9 and No.53.

That was on the proviso that we knew Salem would be available at 9 anyway. So in this instance GC must be confident who they want would be available still at No.6 & they would also have to provide us a pick in the region of pick 20 for Howe.

We traded picks No.2, No.20 and No.72, receiving Tyson and picks No.9 and No.53.

That was on the proviso that we knew Salem would be available at 9 anyway. So in this instance GC must be confident who they want would be available still at No.6 & they would also have to provide us a pick in the region of pick 20 for Howe.

Exactly, otherwise they're essentially getting Howe for free (assuming the player they're after at 3 will still be there at 6).

• Like 1

If we do get pick 3, who do we take? Parish? Curnow? Francais?

Parish or Curnow.

Parish is more or less what our midfield needs to top it off, Curnow can help Hogan up forward and has midfield potential (likely won't ever be as rounded a mid as Parish).

Parish or Curnow.

Parish is more or less what our midfield needs to top it off, Curnow can help Hogan up forward and has midfield potential (likely won't ever be as rounded a mid as Parish).

We will get Parish for sure. Absolute gun/jet apparently. My mate who works for the Falcons has said he has seen Goodwin in the rooms already at several games watching Parish specifically.

• Like 8

The highlights of Parish on the run, reminded me of Ben Cousins in full flight.

I like the way the club is targeting players and then determinately pursuing and trading to get them. IF the "steak knives" are like the "steak knives" we got for pick 2 a couple of years back, we'll be laughing.

On the run from who???

• Like 12