• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

57 MFC V 64 MFC NUMBER PLATES

Bobby McKenzie

I pulled up behind a car at the lights in Woodvale(suburb of Perth) and was pleased to see I had one mate at least in this city as his number plate read 64 MFC. My plates are 57 MFC. I always thought that 1957, the third of a hat trick of premierships was the best. It was also unique in that we were surprisingly beaten in the 2nd semi by Essendon. A crushing win over the Hawks and a big win over the Bombers in the GF was perfect payback. However, while I reckoned on my 1957 plate being superior I started to ponder over the 1964 one. Sadly, in view of our lot this one represents our LAST premiership. Maybe it is more famous than my 1957 one. Thoughts?

• Like 2

I pulled up behind a car at the lights in Woodvale(suburb of Perth) and was pleased to see I had one mate at least in this city as his number plate read 64 MFC. My plates are 57 MFC. I always thought that 1957, the third of a hat trick of premierships was the best. It was also unique in that we were surprisingly beaten in the 2nd semi by Essendon. A crushing win over the Hawks and a big win over the Bombers in the GF was perfect payback. However, while I reckoned on my 1957 plate being superior I started to ponder over the 1964 one. Sadly, in view of our lot this one represents our LAST premiership. Maybe it is more famous than my 1957 one. Thoughts?

64 is definitely more famous BM

A few reasons

We fought back when headed in time on

There are few left who can remember 57 ( me include )

And as you say it was the last one.

As fas I am concerned our next premiership will be the greatest ever. Dwelling on fast fading past glories gives an empty feeling. Gives us more reason to feel morose. If anyone may happen to have MFC number plates with that elusive yet unknown date could be sitting on a small fortune to boot.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2

The Jury is definitely still out on that one ManDee

I am very confident I will not see another.

OD I hope that is because your eyesight has failed. Perhaps you could listen.

• Like 5

OD I hope that is because your eyesight has failed. Perhaps you could listen.

Eye sight fine so far.

two main reasons

The deal is stacked against the smaller clubs under free agency and other items.

It is at least the next decade away and that will see me out ManDee

Eye sight fine so far.

two main reasons

The deal is stacked against the smaller clubs under free agency and other items.

OD I hope you are wrong although your logic is impeccable.

I will see the next flag, I refuse to die until it happens. Another 50 years may be pushing it, nah I'll only be 107.

I will see the next flag, I refuse to die until it happens. Another 50 years may be pushing it, nah I'll only be 107.

Keep up that attitude it will be good for a lot more reasons than the MFC mate

• Like 1

Eye sight fine so far.

two main reasons

I'm not sure I agree with this. I accept that we don't live in a perfect AFL system but smaller clubs have a better chance now than at any time since 1964. I post the following reasons why, in my opinion, things are better than at any time since then:

• salary cap
  • draft system
  • fairer father-son bidding system
  • overall financial strength of the AFL which allows financially poor clubs to be supported
  • more professional management of clubs all round (we were very late to join the others. Arguably, we didn't get our act together until 2013)
  • and possibly the one which will be most disputed on Demonland - free agency. However, if the compensation scheme is abolished as has been occasionally suggested,I would change my view. I can't see how a club losing a player for adequate compensation (accepting that the definition of "adequate" might be arguable on a case-by-case basis) can be harmful. In our latest instance, I'm sure we received more than adequate compensation, as we did, under different circumstances for Scully.

In short, the failures of smaller clubs to win premierships is fundamentally a problem of endemic poor management or those clubs.

Edited to fix mistakes

Edited by La Dee-vina Comedia

And I left out the biggest reason...establishment of an independent Commission to run the game. Go back 30 odd years and the competition was run by the clubs themselves with their self-interest at heart. It's hard to believe today, but the clubs had to be dragged kicking and screaming to this new model. Some of them (particularly an all blue club and one with black and white stripes) continued to believe that their competition was other teams such as Essendon, Geelong etc, rather than other sporting codes and entertainment options.

I'm not sure I agree with this. I accept that we don't live in a perfect AFL system but smaller clubs have a better chance now than at any time since 1964. I post the following reasons why, in my opinion, things are better than at any time since then:

• salary cap
  • draft system
  • fairer father-son bidding system
  • overall financial strength of the AFL which allows financially poor clubs to be supported
  • more professional management of clubs all round (we were very late to join the others. Arguably, we didn't get our act together until 2013)
  • and possibly the one which will be most disputed on Demonland - free agency. However, if the compensation scheme is abolished as has been occasionally suggested,I would change my view. I can't see how a club losing a player for adequate compensation (accepting that the definition of "adequate" might be arguable on a case-by-case basis) can be harmful. In our latest instance, I'm sure we received more than adequate compensation, as we did, under different circumstances for Scully.

In short, the failures of smaller clubs to win premierships is fundamentally a problem of endemic poor management or those clubs.

Edited to fix mistakes

Thanks for that reply Andrew.

Only joking LDC

I think the actual compared to the theory is sometimes way different.

However happy for you to be right I am just having trouble seeing the MFC as a power any time soon.

And Soon is my only time frame left for me.

You are correct about poorly run Clubs The MFC would be the 101 of how not to run a club over the last decade

Keep up that attitude it will be good for a lot more reasons than the MFC mate

I'm having a Foxtel connected 55" LED TV (with a Foxtel Sports subscription) buried with me OD. No way I'm going to miss it when it finally happens.

• Like 2

Thanks for that reply Andrew.

Only joking LDC

I think the actual compared to the theory is sometimes way different.

However happy for you to be right I am just having trouble seeing the MFC as a power any time soon.

And Soon is my only time frame left for me.

You are correct about poorly run Clubs The MFC would be the 101 of how not to run a club over the last decade

Damnit! Thought I done enough to disguise my true ID.

• Like 1

I'm having a Foxtel connected 55" LED TV (with a Foxtel Sports subscription) buried with me OD. No way I'm going to miss it when it finally happens.

And they will change the channel numbers around. You will have to watch Pro Bull Riding or Synchronized Swimming for eternity.

• Like 1

No need hardtack it will be shown in heaven.

How do I know you will be in Heaven?

Easy you have already gone through half a century of hell as a MFC supporter.

The Big woman up stairs will be kind to you.

• Like 3

The Jury is definitely still out on that one ManDee

I am very confident I will not see another.

Don't put your house on it od. We like you too much to learn that you are sleeping rough!

Don't give up mate. OD nearly made it to our 1st one, if not for the fact he had to work, so the story goes.

• Like 1

Well I am at work Bobby but my wife is off today and I know she headed up to the Spud Shed in Wangara this morning and if it was a silver Toyota I would say you pulled up behind our car.

1964 before I was born but that was the last one and the next one will play some part in the second set of plates I get

didn't see either bobby.

I'd love to have maybe a 2020 MFC ????? is that too much?

Well I am at work Bobby but my wife is off today and I know she headed up to the Spud Shed in Wangara this morning and if it was a silver Toyota I would say you pulled up behind our car.

1964 before I was born but that was the last one and the next one will play some part in the second set of plates I get

No, it was not a silver Toyota but a bright red ute with P plates. (I am not good at brands). It was definitely 64 MFC. Better check your plates! There couldn't be two 64 MFC plates!

You and me both OD.

At least I've seen 4.

Desperately want to see one more before I croak but it won't happen.

To follow a side that wins more than we lose and regularly plays finals is my wish before I pass on.

The rest is I think Pie in the sky.