Cascade Beer

DEE fence

2 steaks, one stubbie, somethings not quite right here

Y'know, when the gas is too high there's a couple of things going on here, one, the man is impatient, two, he don't know how to cook a steak, three both one and two, I apologise in advance for any offence caused.

The high temperature could be due to the fact he's sealing it first and gaining a nice crust on the outside before turning down the heat.

As for the beer, I'm guessing he's holding one.

• Like 1

The high temperature could be due to the fact he's sealing it first and gaining a nice crust on the outside before turning down the heat.

As for the beer, I'm guessing he's holding one.

Agree with the heat bit.

Not sure if he could hold a stubbie and tongs at the same time.After all he's a western australian.

Isnt this time of the year good for discussing the important things.

• Like 2

Agree with the heat bit.

Not sure if he could hold a stubbie and tongs at the same time.After all he's a western australian.

Isnt this time of the year good for discussing the important things.

I'm from WA and manage tongs and a beer. I was born in Melbourne though so that could explain it.

I'm surprised he enjoys Cascade, normally the favoured beer over here is Emu Export. The bogan FIFO worker loves smashing down a cold Export after a hard days work.

• Like 1

I'm from WA and manage tongs and a beer. I was born in Melbourne though so that could explain it.

I'm surprised he enjoys Cascade, normally the favoured beer over here is Emu Export. The bogan FIFO worker loves smashing down a cold Export after a hard days work.

aaahhhh outback ginspi55, Emu,Southwick,Swan lager.

Nothing better than an ex Victorian FIFO,telling locals how good their beer is.Especially when they are from Corio,Broadmedows and other such centres of excellence.

Edited by jazza
  • Like 1

aaahhhh outback ginspi55, Emu,Southwick,Swan lager.

Nothing better than an ex Victorian FIFO,telling locals how good their beer is.Especially when they are from Corio,Broadmedows and other such centres of excellence.

They say the Export and Swan tastes even better when sitting in their Bali themed backyard, complete with authentic Bali hut and fire pit.

• Like 2

They say the Export and Swan tastes even better when sitting in their Bali themed backyard, complete with authentic Bali hut and fire pit.

Was in Darwin in the 70s and all beer was imported by boat {the melbourne trader i think}anyways most sensible humans only drank victorian beer,The occasional fool drank xxxx,After a wharfie strike and all victorian beer gone from pubs,we resorted to drinking xxxx.Some fool actually paid for southwick and got laughed outta town.

They couldnt even give that ginspi55 away.except for western aussies with no taste.for beer or life

• Like 1

Yes, delicious stuff.

There are few "bad" Japanese beers, really. All very malty and rich.

I'm not big on Australian beers generally. I much prefer Asian, German and Czech beers. Dutch beer is disappointingly bland. That said, Carlton Draught was made to be had with a pie. The two go together well. Although maybe I'm just used to the flavour. Draught tastes like it's been filtered through a bar mat if you have it after a pint of Asahi.

The sad thing though Praha is that most 'foreign' beer isn't really foreign. It's all brewed here using the same brewing facilities CUB have been using for years. All CUB have done is pay for labeling rights meaning that we get an inferior product.

Same deal has played out overseas as well where VB (at least in Japan) tends to have a cleaner taste than it ever did over here.

I will agree on principle about Asahi and Yebisu. I remember in the old days when I lived in Japan and I came back here and drank a VB for the first time in a year. I was convinced that it had gone off!

Little Creatures Rogers is good. 3.8% but still tastes like beer.

It's the best mid strength going around.

I'm sorry Ethan but Red Death and Swan never have and never will taste good. Now a few Nice bottles of Redback and or Little Creatures under the patio whilst cooking a BBQ makes for a nice evening during the summer months

• Like 1

I'm sorry Ethan but Red Death and Swan never have and never will taste good. Now a few Nice bottles of Redback and or Little Creatures under the patio whilst cooking a BBQ makes for a nice evening during the summer months

Used to like Redback a lot, and still don't mind it but when they were bought out a long time back they dropped the alcohol content and it's never been quite the same.

sheesh, first it was the softcoq pretentious wankers and their worship at the throne of bachus

but now it's the metrosexual musing of the over pampered hipsters and their over hyped boutique tiddles

ffs where has the genuine ocker knockabout aussie bloke gone?

Their days were numbered after the demise of the 6 o'clock swill. And the genuine ocker knockabout will find it hard to have a good after drinks chunder if drinking quality beer.

Edited by america de cali

what a pisser! good catch

I think it just goes to show half of the young hipsters that do the judging wouldn't know a decent beer of it bit them on the arse. I was brought up on VB and still enjoy an ice cold stubbie of the good old vomit bombs.

I think it just goes to show half of the young hipsters that do the judging wouldn't know a decent beer of it bit them on the arse. I was brought up on VB and still enjoy an ice cold stubbie of the good old vomit bombs.

It goes to show that the Betoota Advocate is a satire site.

• Like 3

It goes to show that the Betoota Advocate is a satire site.

I choose to believe it's real.

• Like 4

Millions of Aussies seem to disagree with your assessment of Carlton draught.

Hi Smithy,

Millions do disagree. They lose out drinking bad beer that costs too much. There is a wealth of excellent beer now available.

Also like to mention Hawthorn Pale Ale and the pilsnser - both very good IMO and widely available.

Travellin the globe from the fridge door is great but I always come back to coopers pale ale these days . Local bws had Coors slabs for 27$ for a few days recently - due to expire 5 -15 , got a few , nice beer that . Bought a can a fosters at a hipster drinkin out a jam jars place in sydney road , got a few laughs from the boys but tasted alright . Who woulda thought .

Agree on mountain goat and little creatures as quality bevvies but not as session beers..

Well yes I tend to agree with you as well but must say dads experience was limited .

I quite liked the original Tooheys Red as it was a great thirst quencher but it could not be taken in large quantities.

XXXX yes agree with your comments (including salute to Biff. Irony is Dads recently moved to Qland and even made comment that he thinks hes getting used to the XXXX

Had the Snow beer and others in a visit to China and I couldnt find anything worth drinking there. Even the Carlton franchise was worse than XXXX.

The others you mention havent tried and wont. Thanks for the heads up

I found that Tsingtao was a pretty decent beer when I was in China. It's basically a German beer (The brewery was founded and run by German settlers), just with a chinese twist (it's a rice Pilsner). I've tried it a few times since coming back to Oz, but unfortunately it just doesn't taste the same.

A friend recently introduced me to the delights of Trappist Monk beers. They're hard to find, but managed to track down some Chimay Blue recently. Well worth it, a very tasty beverage.

I found that Tsingtao was a pretty decent beer when I was in China. It's basically a German beer (The brewery was founded and run by German settlers), just with a chinese twist (it's a rice Pilsner). I've tried it a few times since coming back to Oz, but unfortunately it just doesn't taste the same.

A friend recently introduced me to the delights of Trappist Monk beers. They're hard to find, but managed to track down some Chimay Blue recently. Well worth it, a very tasty beverage.

Chimay Blue is one of my favourites, at 9% it's a strong but very tasty brew.