Merry Xmas Demonlanders

Demoneyes

Unfortunately I got recalled to work early this morning and still here.

Merry Christmas to all, if you're lucky enough to be with your families don't take them for granted and try and enjoy their company!

Bah humbug to your boss Ethan.

Enjoy it as best u can.

Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

Breast wishes.

I hope all on this site enjoy a happy and safe Christmas surrounded by family and those who count most in our lives!

Spare a special thought for the Family of Rob Flower as they deal with unchartered waters of his loss at this time.

Cheers all !!

Picket Fence!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 2

And to you too Biffo... hope you're enjoying a christmas nip... err, I mean tipple.

Now there's an idea for a Christmas special....

'A Very Gatwick Christmas'.

BTW Merry Christmas all. Hope you all had a great day.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

Merry Christmas all and thanks for helping me retain some sanity this year.

This one is tinged with sadness as it's the last one I'm having with the wife and kids before separation in a week or so. But the end of something is always the beginning of something else.

On the upside, I might be getting to a few more games next year! Hope the boys make it worth the effort.

Cheers,

bj.

• Like 4

This one is tinged with sadness as it's the last one I'm having with the wife and kids before separation in a week or so. But the end of something is always the beginning of something else.

On the upside, I might be getting to a few more games next year! Hope the boys make it worth the effort.

Cheers,

bj.

all the best bj - hope all is upwards from here.Tough time of year for you.

• Like 2

Happy Birthday to Christian Petracca who was born on this day.

The word 'portent' comes to mind . Concise Oxford Dictionary definition : " Omen , significant sign ; prodigy , marvellous thing ."

• Like 1

The word 'portent' comes to mind . Concise Oxford Dictionary definition : " Omen , significant sign ; prodigy , marvellous thing ."

Well, I wouldn't be putting too much faith in that since Jesus is thought to have been born on or about June 17th ;)

Cheers,

bj.

Best of luck mate. Whenever I hear of things like this I try and picture myself in that situation, and the thought is too unpleasant to hold.

Merry belated Christmas all.

• Like 1

Cheers,

bj.

All the best 'bj', must be a hard time but as you say the beginning of a new phase in your life.

I think the insanity of this site at times does help the sanity somehow. At least it is a well needed diversion when things get a bit tough. Now if we could string a few wins together it will be that much better.

• Like 1

Cheers,

bj.

Yeah

all the best bj

There are worse things that can divert you than the insanity on this site so try and keep contributing. I am sure that there is much support within the dlanders who can even offer wise counsel at times.

Try and retain most of your usual routines and the reassurance and confidence that sustains you will be there.

The Dees will not only distract you but provide proof that there is something else beginning. Lets hope it quick and positive.

• Like 1

Cheers,

bj.

Going through a similar thing.{different reasons though}

My sanity was gone until i discovered low degenerates like BBO,biff and of course froggy.

Fishing with these blokes has got me through some pretty tough times.

Good luck for the future,and if you EVER need a shoulder,dont hesitate or even consider being alone.

We will help you get over the line mate.

• Like 2

Cheers,

bj.

Sad to hear. bjDee, but hope things go as well as they can. I like to thing the Dees will put more smiles on all of our faces in 2015 than in recent seasons. See you at a game or two?

• Like 1

Cheers,

bj.

Best of wishes, mate.

When I became separated from my wife, and then divorced, I thought my world had ended. It floored me. Floored me for a good two years. But I survived it, and once I got up off the floor I found a whole new and wonderful life. It will hurt, and hurt for a while, but that will pass and better things will replace it.

I won't lie to you and tell you that not seeing your kids 24/7 is something that will be something that you'll ever get used to, but if you can swallow your pride on some matters concerning them that might make you feel as if she's scored a point on you, but deep down you know it's the best thing to do, then your conscience will repay you in spades down the track as you see how you have done the right thing by the ones that really matter in all of this.

After a couple of rough years my ex-wife and I are pretty good friends. Not buddy buddy close, but we talk open and honestly, and even share some laughs. Would I go back? Not a hope, but it's nice to know that even after all the crap both of us gave each other in the early days, we are still a team that needs the other to help them with the raising of our children.

Hang tough. These are the worst days and they'll be over sooner than you expect, as much as I understand you might not see that right now.

And anyway... late to the party... happy boxing day all.

• Like 6

Thanks guys, one and all. Sorry to bring down the tone and yes Nasher I've thought the same as you but the real thing after 28 years is so confronting one can't imagine it or prepare for it from the outside. But I'm not the first and others like Jazza have had no say in their tough situation. I have a few good mates - unfortunately followers of Essendon Richmond and Carlton, which is why we called ourselves the MERCs as a cycling group, as well as 3 great kids and good family support. No need to grovel for a room at the Gat just yet.

Just give me an actual good year in 2015, Dees, instead of a promise without delivery.

Let the normal programming resume!

• Like 3

Thanks guys, one and all. Sorry to bring down the tone and yes Nasher I've thought the same as you but the real thing after 28 years is so confronting one can't imagine it or prepare for it from the outside. But I'm not the first and others like Jazza have had no say in their tough situation. I have a few good mates - unfortunately followers of Essendon Richmond and Carlton, which is why we called ourselves the MERCs as a cycling group, as well as 3 great kids and good family support. No need to grovel for a room at the Gat just yet.

Just give me an actual good year in 2015, Dees, instead of a promise without delivery.

Let the normal programming resume!

A room at the GAT might do you the world of good.

Biff was down on his luck before he was given a room there.

Within a month he started to oversee a prostitution ring and also started a medicinal supply shop.

I would imagine he takes you under his wing and in no time you could be cooking with gas {so to speak}.

And the upside is on the way home after a demons win,you and your best new mate Biff,could collect the days takings and still make time to enjoy a big saturday night ripping off drunk customers.

• Like 1

A room at the GAT might do you the world of good.

Biff was down on his luck before he was given a room there.

Within a month he started to oversee a prostitution ring and also started a medicinal supply shop.

I would imagine he takes you under his wing and in no time you could be cooking with gas {so to speak}.

And the upside is on the way home after a demons win,you and your best new mate Biff,could collect the days takings and still make time to enjoy a big saturday night ripping off drunk customers.

He wasn't sharing with Raymond and Connie Marvel perchance? (any John Waters fan worth their salt will understand).